The online racing simulator
#776 - CSF
He'd be shit, just like he was when he was up against most of that grid in the past.
Alonso should be sailing next year providing Ferrari can turn up with a front running car.
Quote from N I K I :First time ever I'm so excited about McLaren.

Some will be excited about Mercedes next year - I mean 70% of McLaren fans which are mostly teens and likes Diddy Yo Lewis fo' his rap style drivin' while Rihanna and otha hommies 'nd old bloke Dennis is in da boxes.

Fair enough for me - I'm glad to see McLaren cleaning up after 5 years of nonsense with that Ron Dennis hatched chicken who couldn't drive shite without Alonso's setups, not to forget telling his saviour to "piss off" in Hungary, pretending to be next Senna, lying for stewards, also winning 08 WDC just because great talent of Timo Glock... I don't know, we will see how he proves himself as the only racer in the grid near Rosberg in the team. Or will he weep just like in 09 with no good car?

I'm pretty more concerned about Ferrari... They should pick Hulkenberg now, Massa is not the same anymore and yet he should understand that himself - FA needs some help in Constructors Champ.
Quote from TexasLTU :Some will be excited about Mercedes next year - I mean 70% of McLaren fans which are mostly teens and likes Diddy Yo Lewis fo' his rap style drivin' while Rihanna and otha hommies 'nd old bloke Dennis is in da boxes.

Fair enough for me - I'm glad to see McLaren cleaning up after 5 years of nonsense with that Ron Dennis hatched chicken who couldn't drive shite without Alonso's setups, not to forget telling his saviour to "piss off" in Hungary, pretending to be next Senna, lying for stewards, also winning 08 WDC just because great talent of Timo Glock... I don't know, we will see how he proves himself as the only racer in the grid near Rosberg in the team. Or will he weep just like in 09 with no good car?

lolwat
So much hate there that it's not even worth discussing.

This is something that looks small but is a major shake-up in the drivers' market. I'm feeling sure that Schumacher is pretty much out of a seat for 2013 - he wouldn't go to another team without 1. Asking for a big paycheck and 2. Being assured that he would be given a competitive car. Not to mention that he's got his age and this failed comeback as two BIG reasons for a team not to hire him. I would personally love to see him keep racing, maybe having a go at Le Mans or even (hopefully not) DTM.

There are so many people eligible for that Sauber seat for 2013...I hope they will think about this wisely...and bring someone from either WSR or GP3, there's a lot of talent there
Quote from Senninha25 :So much hate there that it's not even worth discussing.

This is something that looks small but is a major shake-up in the drivers' market. I'm feeling sure that Schumacher is pretty much out of a seat for 2013 - he wouldn't go to another team without 1. Asking for a big paycheck and 2. Being assured that he would be given a competitive car. Not to mention that he's got his age and this failed comeback as two BIG reasons for a team not to hire him. I would personally love to see him keep racing, maybe having a go at Le Mans or even (hopefully not) DTM.

There are so many people eligible for that Sauber seat for 2013...I hope they will think about this wisely...and bring someone from either WSR or GP3, there's a lot of talent there

Unless something crazy happens Schumacher will not race in Formula 1 next year. In 3 years he only got 1 pole and 1 podium (just). Rosberg had 1 pole, 1 victory and 3 podiums.
When Rosberg started to show some nice results in 2010 I totally lost my hype about Schumacher delivering results in Mercedes.

It is hard for dinosaurs to understand that their era is over.
IMO Perez isn't a good grab for McLaren at all, he'll be the next Kovalainen, struggle and get dropped after a few seasons
Quote from TexasLTU :Some will be excited about Mercedes next year - I mean 70% of McLaren fans which are mostly teens and likes Diddy Yo Lewis fo' his rap style drivin' while Rihanna and otha hommies 'nd old bloke Dennis is in da boxes.

I'm pretty more concerned about Ferrari... They should pick Hulkenberg now, Massa is not the same anymore and yet he should understand that himself - FA needs some help in Constructors Champ.

Post of the year.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well look a Perez's results. They're not much different in GP2.

Err... They do if you just look at faceless post-season records, actually. But watching them race give you a very different story.

Perez - I admit I haven't watched much of GP2 in 2009, so I can't judge much on his first season. 2010 - he was right on the money, very strong and consistent. He made few mistakes, and was the only one to really challenge the very experienced Maldonado for the title. More importantly, he kept improving over the course of the season. His ride at the last feature race of the season, at Abu Dhabi, was magnificent, one of the most dominant win I've sin in GP2. IIRC the winning margin was something like 15 or 20 seconds at the end.

Gutierrez - In GP2, he never had that "aura" and consistency Perez had. He had raw pace, but always seemed to be mistake-prone, and had questionable situational awareness. He caused too many avoidable incidents over those 2 years. I recall of Barcelona 2011 in particular, in which he managed to take out Herck twice in 2 races.

2011 in particular was very hard for him. Only 4 points scoring positions. 13th championship in the end, and it would have been much worse without that reversed grid win from 2nd at Valencia. He was driving for ART mind you, and it was one of the worst campaign for an ART driver in GP2 since the championship's creation in 2005.

2012. OK, a 3rd place of the championship sounds good enough on the paper. However, 1) His team-mate Calado, who was in his 1st year, arguably had the upper hand on him pace-wise all season long, 2) the championship standings are very close from 3rd to 7th(Gutierrez, Chilton, Calado, van der Garde and Leimer all in 24 points), and this makes Gutierrez' 3rd less impressive. 3) His record was boosted a lot by his 2 feature race wins at Valencia and Silverstone; however those 2 wins were helped massively by freak race occurrences caused by badly timed SC procedures, and I am not joking. For trivia, the Valencia one probably cost Calado's maiden feature race win, ironically. 4) As CSF's pointed out, the GP2 field has lost a lot in quality over the last 2 years.

If you had to make the standings based on the drivers' showings this season, IMO the 4th to 7th place guys, Chilton(lesser team), Calado(first year in the series and better pace overall), van der Garde(much lesser team) and Leimer(lesser team, had a few results ruined after getting harsh penalties or getting taken out) would have to be placed in front of Gutierrez.

For Gutierrez' defence, moving from GP3 to GP2 was probably harder than moving from F3 to GP2 like Perez. More importantly, it's probably tougher for a newcomer to be fast straight out of the box with the introduction of the Pirelli tyres in 2011, but then Gutierrez' 2012 team-mate Calado proved that it can be done. Also, people might have had too much expectations on Gutierrez after his fantastic 2010 GP3 title.

Quote from Senninha25 :There are so many people eligible for that Sauber seat for 2013...I hope they will think about this wisely...and bring someone from either WSR or GP3, there's a lot of talent there

Thinking of Felix Da Costa surely? I doubt that Red Bull would want to see him getting poached by the opposition.

Surely if he keeps delivering in WSR, he's set for a Toro Rosso ride in 2014. Mid 2013 season if Ricciardo or Vergne don't show enough improvements.

Enough of that stick and ball sport fan mentality:talktohan
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Thinking of Felix Da Costa surely? I doubt that Red Bull would want to see him getting poached by the opposition.

That would a wet dream, but 2013 is too soon for Da Costa yet. All we can do is hope he's still in the Red Bull Junior Team by 2014 (or that either Vergne or Ricciardo get the boot around mid-2013 :P). Plus, let's not forget Sam Bird or Bianchi (even though that's a bit farfetched since he's already involved with Force India).
I watched WSR at Silverstone in the flesh when it was wet this year, and to be honest, Felix Da Costa looked like a rookie. The only one that stood out for me was Jules Bianchi.
Quote from TexasLTU :I'm pretty more concerned about Ferrari... They should pick Hulkenberg now, Massa is not the same anymore and yet he should understand that himself - FA needs some help in Constructors Champ.

And they need to be fast doing that or else Sauber might snitch him.
Quote from Senninha25 :Plus, let's not forget Sam Bird or Bianchi (even though that's a bit farfetched since he's already involved with Force India).

Quote from BlueFlame :The only one that stood out for me was Jules Bianchi.

It's a bit crazy that Robin Frjins don't get more mentions than that. With 1 meeting to go, he trails the championship leader Bianchi by 3 points, in what has become de facto F1's prime feeder series, in his very first season at this level.

RE: Sauber. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter makes us look silly again, by pulling a driver line-up no one saw coming. Remember Raïkkonen-Heidfeld in 2001, or Kobayashi-De La Rosa in 2010?
Quote from BlueFlame :I watched WSR at Silverstone in the flesh when it was wet this year, and to be honest, Felix Da Costa looked like a rookie. The only one that stood out for me was Jules Bianchi.

Since I´m portuguese i´m a little biased in favour of Felix da Costa, but if you consider that he started racing in WSR only in the 4th round of the championship, for a team that´s on their 1st year, and is now 6th in the standings with 2 wins, I´d say is driving really well for a rookie...
Da Costa is a strange one.. Seemingly nowhere until he nabbed the Lewis Williamson Red bull drive and then tbh he was the class of the GP3 an WSR field.
Di Resta. Flawless season and so much talent
If perez was not good enough then how could they pick hulk or diresta??

Ferrari, not much sense you make...
I'd keep Massa. Why interfere with Alonso? Just have a #2 he can definitely beat. Having competitive team mates gets you no where unless your car is sufficiently dominant that the WCC is a formality.
Quote from Hyperactive :If perez was not good enough then how could they pick hulk or diresta??

Ferrari, not much sense you make...

Yes this is exactly what I thought

Quote from Intrepid :I'd keep Massa. Why interfere with Alonso? Just have a #2 he can definitely beat. Having competitive team mates gets you no where unless your car is sufficiently dominant that the WCC is a formality.

I agree, particularly as Massa seems to be doing a bit better recently - enough to get some extra points but not so much as to get too close to Alonso.
Quote from Intrepid :I'd keep Massa. Why interfere with Alonso? Just have a #2 he can definitely beat. Having competitive team mates gets you no where unless your car is sufficiently dominant that the WCC is a formality.

Quote from J@tko :I agree, particularly as Massa seems to be doing a bit better recently - enough to get some extra points but not so much as to get too close to Alonso.

He failed Singapore again. And so will Japan or Korea, or both.

Look back Alonso in Renault, he dominated both Piquet and Grosjean. Not saying that this would happen to Hulkenberg, but he seems to take little bit of time to get used to the car, again look back Williams or Force India, yet he delivers. And perhaps in 3 years time he could be the lead driver of Ferrari. That's what I think is best for them.

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG