The online racing simulator
Why u no s1 drift?
(13 posts, started )
Why u no s1 drift?
ok so ive been drifting for about a week now and im making some progress but i like to drift with people but there a couple problems, all teams im aware of are no from North America and on top of that you can only join most teams if you have S1 and the anger and frustration doesn't end here. anyways ive been wondering as well, are there any north American drifters or anyone that wont lag on my Canadian connection that can teach me a few things on drifting? i know there are a few guys who will post the tips here but i find that even from my GT5 background posting tips in forums don't help very much for me. anyways just need to add a old tradition to this forum that i have on GT5... PANCAKES!
I've been out of the loop for a while now - haven't drifted for maybe a year now and rather busy. But I'll throw you a PM maybe next weekend and maybe we can give each other some pointers.

One thing I'd recommend you doing is picking one car - XRT, a setup, and a track - FE #, and practice. Don't change anything up, except maybe for small map variations and setup variations. PRACTICE!

- Watch how other people do their drifting (YOUTUBE, SERVERS)
- Be gentle and smooth on all your control inputs
- Use the racing line (press 4 in game) to help you choose an ideal line
- Set yourself up for success. Go into a corner at a moderate speed, and at the correct spot with enough tire grip (Tires at an optimum temperature)
Quote from GenesisX :I've been out of the loop for a while now - haven't drifted for maybe a year now and rather busy. But I'll throw you a PM maybe next weekend and maybe we can give each other some pointers.

One thing I'd recommend you doing is picking one car - XRT, a setup, and a track - FE #, and practice. Don't change anything up, except maybe for small map variations and setup variations. PRACTICE!

- Watch how other people do their drifting (YOUTUBE, SERVERS)
- Be gentle and smooth on all your control inputs
- Use the racing line (press 4 in game) to help you choose an ideal line
- Set yourself up for success. Go into a corner at a moderate speed, and at the correct spot with enough tire grip (Tires at an optimum temperature)

Cool, see you on next weekend dependent on weather i get time
Quote from gamerone00 :Cool, see you on next weekend dependent on weather i get time

what part of canada are you in? when i was in canada two summers ago i didn't find i had any crazy issues with lag even with Euro servers let alone american ones. I was just out of Ottawa, i would agree with GenesisX as you would 100% need practice on same layout/setup as if you are anything like me when i first gave drifting in LFS a shot i kept changing servers and setups and i never really got very far as i never got used to anything
Quote from tbofram :what part of canada are you in? when i was in canada two summers ago i didn't find i had any crazy issues with lag even with Euro servers let alone american ones. I was just out of Ottawa, i would agree with GenesisX as you would 100% need practice on same layout/setup as if you are anything like me when i first gave drifting in LFS a shot i kept changing servers and setups and i never really got very far as i never got used to anything

im just a while away from toronto which is south of ottawa
Just a question why are there no s1 servers that allow the use of the s1 cars or just drift servers for s1 in general?
I'm out of Toronto too. I'm not sure where all the other servers are located, but AFAIK, never had much lag problems. Ran frequently on BL1 servers, and some drift FE / AutoX servers. There should be some S1 servers running only the XRT, FZ, and AWD car (w/e it's called lol). We should get together sometime and just LAN Party XP
Quote from GenesisX :I'm out of Toronto too. I'm not sure where all the other servers are located, but AFAIK, never had much lag problems. Ran frequently on BL1 servers, and some drift FE / AutoX servers. There should be some S1 servers running only the XRT, FZ, and AWD car (w/e it's called lol). We should get together sometime and just LAN Party XP

sounds good to me, how can i contact you to set up a time for us to drift?
PM me. Long weekend over here, so I might be able to squeeze in a session between 0-800GMT on various days.
Im from North America btw. Im trying to drift on the keyboard but not working at to well. Trying to get a wheel, and you have a point no one does really drift that are not from the english setting.... As soon as i get a wheel or whatever im sure ill play with you and i dont have s1 or s2 license i want one but dont have the money right now to spend... I try my best to drift with kb. If you want to drift with me or whatever just send me a message, even though i dont have an s1 license ill be glad to drift. : D
Quote from TandemMonster :Im from North America btw. Im trying to drift on the keyboard but not working at to well. Trying to get a wheel, and you have a point no one does really drift that are not from the english setting.... As soon as i get a wheel or whatever im sure ill play with you and i dont have s1 or s2 license i want one but dont have the money right now to spend... I try my best to drift with kb. If you want to drift with me or whatever just send me a message, even though i dont have an s1 license ill be glad to drift. : D

I have a DFGT and its alot of fun, but a reminder, you need a small enough desk that will be sturdy enough to hold a wheel. but yeah I might drift with you but thats when you get s1 or 2 because i hate the XRG... anyways hit me up sometime when you get it and let me know when your available.
Quote from TandemMonster :Im from North America btw. Im trying to drift on the keyboard but not working at to well. Trying to get a wheel, and you have a point no one does really drift that are not from the english setting.... As soon as i get a wheel or whatever im sure ill play with you and i dont have s1 or s2 license i want one but dont have the money right now to spend... I try my best to drift with kb. If you want to drift with me or whatever just send me a message, even though i dont have an s1 license ill be glad to drift. : D

I'm new just got a s1 licence and upgrade to s2 when I save up more money since I'm really tight with spending, but I'm from Australia and I usually drift or gymkhana style. Ahahaha hopefully I wouldn't lag? Plus at the moment I'm using AWD and it's the most fun drifting I've ever had
Quote from Shade Of Neon :I'm new just got a s1 licence and upgrade to s2 when I save up more money since I'm really tight with spending, but I'm from Australia and I usually drift or gymkhana style. Ahahaha hopefully I wouldn't lag? Plus at the moment I'm using AWD and it's the most fun drifting I've ever had

wanna drift sometime?
if so i can message you my Skype and we can work out a time to drift

Why u no s1 drift?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG