The online racing simulator
CM Storm XRGT-R GP
(42 posts, started )
Walter, how much cutting allowed in quali/race?
First and Lastname: Nikifor Đaković
LFSW Username: N I K I
Teamname: Ixion Simsports
Team Tag: ixion
Desired-Carnumber: 01
Date-of-Birth: 18.03.1989.
Nationality: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Quote from Intrex1020 :First and Lastname: Sebastian Wojtkowiak
LFSW Username: intrex1020
Desired-Carnumber: 67
Date-of-Birth: 07.01.1995
Nationality: Poland

Added team
After requests by multiple drivers, the second chicane is edited a bit. For safer go through, and safer entry of third chicane.

We will review the driving through this new layout, and based on that decide if we will edit more of the track.
I would like to point out that the 2nd apex of the 2nd sector chicane remains very easy to cut.

Please check the attachments. Even with the barrier literally going through the front left corner, the driver and the rear left corner(plus the stack of tyres going through the car), I didn't lose a single kph, and my XRR did not sustain any damage. I then went on to set a PB - in the same lap.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that LFS' collision model still does not work very well when it comes to high speed contacts with custom objects.

The cutting issue will mostly cause a problem in qualifying, though. During the race, the risks involved(damage and/or high speed crash) are too huge for the potential rewards.

On another topic: the official server's !top list is still filled with times set on the previous layout. But since the current layout doesn't seem much slower than the previous one, it's not a real issue.
Attached images
lfs_00000443.jpg
lfs_00000444.jpg
lfs_00000445.jpg
lfs_00000446.jpg
lfs_00000448.jpg
First and Lastname: Joona Rantala
LFSW Username: CardsetCrazy
Desired-Carnumber: 61
Date-of-Birth: 02.05.1997
Nationality: Finland
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I would like to point out that the 2nd apex of the 2nd sector chicane remains very easy to cut.

Please check the attachments. Even with the barrier literally going through the front left corner, the driver and the rear left corner(plus the stack of tyres going through the car), I didn't lose a single kph, and my XRR did not sustain any damage. I then went on to set a PB - in the same lap.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that LFS' collision model still does not work very well when it comes to high speed contacts with custom objects.

The cutting issue will mostly cause a problem in qualifying, though. During the race, the risks involved(damage and/or high speed crash) are too huge for the potential rewards.

On another topic: the official server's !top list is still filled with times set on the previous layout. But since the current layout doesn't seem much slower than the previous one, it's not a real issue.

As I was trying to reply yesterday, but my connection did not allowed me.

Since past race we have added a new rule being:
- One must stay with atleast two wheels on the normal road/line. May he gain time by breaking this rule. A penalty will be given.
if the sign ups are still open?

First and Lastname: Emil Westman
LFSW Username: Emil141
Teamname: rForce
Team Tag: r\
Desired-Carnumber: 02
Date-of-Birth: 25.09.96
Nationality: Finland
For everyone's information, race is ran on OLD patch, 0.6B NOT on 0.6B7!
First and Lastname: Miro Rauti
LFSW Username: Hahmo
Teamname: Team Vires
Team Tag: v\
Desired-Carnumber: 36
Date-of-Birth: 8-4-1995
Nationality: Finnish
First and Lastname: James Peace
LFSW Username: vipex123
Teamname: Team Vires
Team Tag: v\
Desired-Carnumber: 54
Date-of-Birth: 01.02.1994
Nationality: England
First and Lastname: Thorsten Ulrich
LFSW Username: masterboy19660815
Teamname: Team 6th Gear Racing
Team Tag: 6th |
Desired-Carnumber: 55
Date-of-Birth: 01.10.1995.
Nationality: Germany
Quote from rockclan :As I was trying to reply yesterday, but my connection did not allowed me.

Since past race we have added a new rule being:
- One must stay with atleast two wheels on the normal road/line. May he gain time by breaking this rule. A penalty will be given.

I appreciate the effort, but:
  • How are you going to enforce that rule? Random checks?
  • Could you please define "normal road/line"? For example, at the second chicane of sector 2, where's the limit? I assume that having 3 wheels or more on the rumble-strips is not allowed, correct?
  • Let's assume that a large majority of the field breaks the rule one way or the other. Are you ready a significant penalty to everyone who breaks the rule?
First and Lastname: Nicholas Wrage
LFSW Username: Niggo
Teamname: Team 6th Gear Racing
Team Tag: 6th |
Desired-Carnumber: 47
Date-of-Birth: 31. October 1994
Nationality: German
First and Lastname: Laurynas Matonis
LFSW Username: prOmo_LTU
Teamname: SAVAGE SimSports
Team Tag: S
Desired-Carnumber: 51