The online racing simulator
Frunze you better remove that from your post
Anyways Good to hear the great news !
Quote from Frunze118 :
PLEASE STOP SPAMMING AND FLOODING IN THIS THREAD. DON'T WASTE SCAWEN'S TIME!!!!!!!!!

Start with yourself. Textures are not even the concern of Scawen.

Using big font size is idiotic behavior. He is busy with network code and the /clear command, no point in bringing up all kind of random stuff which should be fixed or improved. Books already have been written on this forum about that. You basically are wasting time
cargame.nl, idiotic behaviour ? Really ? Flooding is idiot behaviuor YOUR posts don't content nothing, you just comment, comment, comment someone. You think that you are cleverest ? Your opinion not interesting for me and i asked Scawen NOT you, so shut up please. That's my answer:

Quote from Scawen :True, the five posts before yours are just spam.

I replied to them as if they were reasonable comments. But really that is just a waste of my time. I guess it's nice if people can understand, and perhaps not post such spam in future. I'm working intensively right now so each time I'm here answering spam for 10 minutes, it's 10 minutes of wasted time and delay to the test patch.

Since I see a lot of confusion about what to write here and what not, I decided that from now on I will remove all posts that are totally off-topic or spam, or not related to the test patch at all.
Is this test patch out already? Is it server-side only? I have noticed some servers that have B4 as their version. (I think that this test patch is B4?)

See this:

B4 is just a server side patch for some of the packet checking scawen has been working on, Not the incompatible test patch that this thread is about.
Thx for the wise Words Scawen

True Fans can wait for a Good Simulation and are on your side.
Quote from Scawen :I definitely do need ideas and input, I like working with the community. But I really couldn't gain anything from the forum for the core part of tyre physics development.

I'm no programmer, but atm I work in the development department of a rather big tire company ... if you need a bit of real life data or a graph or two, ask, I may be able to get something.
or see what you can get then send him the data.
I hope when you finish new tyre psychics you will take few suggestions from us about InSim and we will see them faster than psychics, ok?

We need tweaking by InSim to make LFS alive. I dream about InSim packets that can modify car/engine/clutch damage and tyre properties to allow keeping car state between sessions.

First psychics, than small improvements on InSim side.
Quote from Scawen :I don't think all the knowledgable people are gone for ever. Some are definitely still around and some are doing other things. I'm sure others, who haven't been around for a while, will take an interest when the new tyre physics is released.

Everyone is still around, but many people who started LFS early in the demo days (<= 2003) in their teens or twenties, are now really old people with jobs, responsibilities and some even with kids
Some switched to iracing or project cars for a while (and all the other sims), but I am pretty sure they will come back to LFS. Most simracers play all the games anyway!

[EDIT]
cool I didn't remember my avatar was animated
Offcourse the majority of people who started with the first LFS demo are still here.
We have grown, so is LFS. Even after 10(!) years this simulation stands strong against new racing simulations.
Yes, the graphics are a bit dated.
Yes, new cars and tracks are welcome.
But once you start a race you just feel that the LFS experience is still there

Let's go for at least another 10 years
This is all great stuff Scawen, thanks so much for responding to our questions, maybe if they are a little stupid.

So here is my question about LFS Development:

At a certain point, you said something about break-off damage to be needed before going out of Alpha. Now we are out of any alpha, beta or what ever tags. So yet I wonder, will the Damage Physics be updated somewhere in nearer or further future? This would bring great addition to reality as well as increase fun in banger and derby style events.

Hope you will take some of your time to read and reply to this, if not, well good luck on further development.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Walter
On topic:

A cool addition to this multi-player patch or in a future one would be an online ranking in the Hotlap mode for those who are connected to the Internet so our times will be submitted in real time. So instead of having to save the .spr and upload it manually the lap could be automatically saved in the ranking. With that in mind a !top function like airio but implemented in LFS natively on Hotlap mode would be a must feature as well.

Off topic:

Quote from Frunze118 :Dear Scawen, problem with hotlapping on FE6 still not decided. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80032
Watch WR's - all of them set with cutting T1.

Also watch this. I and Audi TT noticed one bug. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1730995#post1730995
Texture should be changed.

Sorry i forgot to tell it earlier. Thanks for responce

Dear LFS racers,

PLEASE STOP SPAMMING AND FLOODING IN THIS THREAD. DON'T WASTE SCAWEN'S TIME!!!!!!!!!

Then remove that big red idiotic phrase. You are asking people not to flood in this thread, who do you think you are to do it yourself? Pathetic.
Just another kid full of cheetos in his chest while he is pretending to be an e-hero.
:hihi:Test Patch (with same old physics) Coming ""Soon""
:hihi:We want to get Rockingham to you ""sooner""...

Britain Got Talent!!!!
Quote from R3DMAN :or see what you can get then send him the data.

just the "Introduction to belted tires" document is a mere 370 pages (in german) ... and most of the stuff is for internal use and not allowed to be distributed.
Attached images
tire.jpg
Are we gonna be able to upload replays from the 0.6B version to lfsworld after the new patch is released?
Quote from Scawen :
Main improvements due to the new system :

Physics and all replays are still compatible

Its in the first post of this topic.
OK, but I'm not sure if it's about the ability to view the old replays or uploading them.
If you mean for hotlap charts - neither car physics will be changed or tracks,so I don't see a reason,why not. To check it out,you can try upload spr made in 0.5Z,if it's taken,then all physics-wise compatible patches (since 0.5Y) should be valid. But we can wait for official word...
Quote from Eclipsed :If you mean for hotlap charts - neither car physics will be changed or tracks,so I don't see a reason,why not. To check it out,you can try upload spr made in 0.5Z,if it's taken,then all physics-wise compatible patches (since 0.5Y) should be valid. But we can wait for official word...

You can't upload 0.5Z replays anymore, because there were some changes in hotlap (south city..., even some replays made in 0.5Z are OOS-ed now)
Scawen didn't mentioned anything new in hotlaping, so I suppose it should still accept 0.6B replays in new patch
Quote from troy :You are an ungrateful idiot, happy?

Comon, everybody must've read what Scawen had to say (for the 5th consecutive time) about his reasons on not releasing the VWS. If you still feel like complaining, after he took the time on explaining it all over again, then you probably never get it. Yes nobody is happy it is taking so long, yes everybody wants content sooner rather then later but that doesn't mean one needs to put his brain in a comatose state when it comes to understanding about the reasons why it isn't happening, that doesn't mean you need to agree with them or even like them, it means it isn't happening right now and nothing you say will change that fact.

-
(dadge) DELETED by Flame CZE : Sorry dadge I had to do it.
Quote from Rhama :
Speed/crash hacks won't be affected by the current patch anyhow.

You didn't even see it yet. Hater.
Quote from Rhama :MAHAHAHAHAHAHA MEGALOL OMG Are you really that naïve ? c'mon send me money now.

New patch will fix one hole, and there still are quite some holes left after that.
Speed/crash hacks won't be affected by the current patch anyhow.
You are just feeding propaganda and myths.

while im not against the use of mods on the correct servers assigned for them i find it quite irratating when on normal race servers and there is some fool using one,do you think that it would be more widely acceptable in the lfs community if all had the protection of server use implemented into them so they could only be used on certain servers(already implemented on one or two). i know that there is the CPW on lfs but we know that there is a few that dont give cpw error,
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG