The online racing simulator
No, I don't think I will be trying to make those untranslated things translatable. Some could be done, but...

- some messages come from LFS World, so LFS cannot translate them
- some messages come from the master server and cannot be translated
- the engine sound editor is something that could change at some time
- pictures would be better than translating autocross object names

The priority on those is really low compared with other things I'd like to do.

About the lagging, I think you'll just have to see how it goes with the test patch. I'm trying to improve it, and there are serious reasons why it will work better. So let's see if that's true when it gets heavy public testing.

You shouldn't crash into an invisible (lagging) car. There is a possibility of a bad crash when a lagging car reappears in the same position as your own car. There is no plan to improve that problem in this patch.
OK, thanks for so fast response. I'm happy that you understand me

Quote :I think you'll just have to see how it goes with the test patch

Quote :lagging car reappears in the same position as your own car

Yes it is. I thought it's impossible Can you make that reappearing in my car's area impossible for lagging car ? Sending to specs for example.
About translations... Would be nice if an insim programmer also knows what kind of language the user selected in LFS.

A big part of the popular servers uses some sort of insim and a lot of messages do not come from LFS itself but from the running insims. Lot of people who now join servers just leave after a few minutes because they don't understand English and have no clue how to join a race (or "buy" a car, in cruise servers for example).
Well that got me excited for a minute..
Quote from Scawen :
- pictures would be better than translating autocross object names

agree
Scawen humorist)
Yes i'm only a demo racer...
But i'm very happy for this new update
Thanks!
Quote from theodu69 :Yes i'm only a demo racer...
Thanks!

It will be very good for Demo players as they won't see speed/crash/other hacks for weeks or maybe for months!
Quote from theodu69 :Yes i'm only a demo racer...
Thanks!

I'm a demo racer, too, but I plan to buy S2 (or S3?) License soon.
Waiting for the update
Quote from MandulAA :I'm a demo racer, too, but I plan to buy S2 (or S3?) License soon.
Waiting for the update

no point in waiting, costs the same
Nice update at my birthday, thanks

Still no news/comments on the actual matter (physics, new content) though
Looking forward to have improved multiplayer for better online experience.

Scawen, thanks for working so hard on something else besides that "boring tyre physics". And also thanks for directly picking up suggestions by the community.
Nice, you are atill alive
And there's me thinking lfs was dead
its been soon for a while now
oh no early 2009 again.
See, this forum needs heavier moderation. This doesn't add anything to the discussion. These postings are created out of boredom.
Yes, i accept with you. It will be more comfortable not only for demo racers, but for all demo servers users at all. No cheating, crashing, etc

Scawen, keep
Don't worry, this test patch will come out "soon". It's not like tyre physics!

I'm working quite long hours most days right now, crossing those things off my list. Only trouble is, I keep adding new ones.

Yesterday and today I've been on a packet checking system which is applied in various places round the program. Packet size, construction and other info were checked before, but not systematically enough and that's how hackers got in. Now every packet has to go through the same system and that is guest to host, host to guest, replays, joining guests... whatever!

It looks like a couple more days to get to the end of this. Each time I do another thing, I do detailed testing. Sometimes other obvious relevant improvements come up. I will do them even if the test patch release date will slip because of it.
Quote from cargame.nl :See, this forum needs heavier moderation. This doesn't add anything to the discussion. These postings are created out of boredom.

True, the five posts before yours are just spam.

I replied to them as if they were reasonable comments. But really that is just a waste of my time. I guess it's nice if people can understand, and perhaps not post such spam in future. I'm working intensively right now so each time I'm here answering spam for 10 minutes, it's 10 minutes of wasted time and delay to the test patch.
Yes, it's right way to developing. Slow and steady wins the race.

Noone think ( i hope ) that you work don't hard enough. And about that tyre physics - i think that it's hardest thing to do and it's not one day or month.
awesome! cant wait for this

hackers got to realise all they are doing is stalling progress, but on the plus side, Scawen gets to screw the hackers over and fix some niggly things also
Yeah, if the hackers will find 2-3 another way to crash the system, then the VW and Rock will come out in 2040, because the dev's have to secure the LFS, then hack again, then secure again, and it can be continued to the infinit . Oh i forget to mention: ITS A SPAM, and another 10minutes gone.
This thread is closed

Test Patch (with same old physics) Coming Soon [Now]
(145 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG