The online racing simulator
That's a mighty tall horse you got there.
It's an English phrase.
Quote from Rhama :then we see scawen knee and pray to supposely spare time, because after all those years, there is no shame to invoke sparing time, lol.

Some hackers (more than one) have helped in the past. After proving an exploit, they came forward and provided the method. I posted thanks to them in the patch notes.

When faced with another packet hack that could crash a server, I knew that this might mean days of looking through instructions of source code, making notes and getting confused. I expect you don't understand what that is like. No fun at all, to say the least. Looking for bugs in thousands of lines of code is harder than ordinary hard work, physical or mental.

Having spent some days already on that and not finding the fault, it was a simple decision for me to ask the hackers if they might like to help, and say that it would be appreciated. If the hackers could save me so many hours, that is well worth the loss of pride from the act of asking them.

I'm not too proud to ask, to see if these guys might want to save me the trouble. Now I know, these guys didn't want to take 5 minutes to help out. I'm not ashamed at all to have asked, and learned from what I got. The important thing is to fix the bug, not worry about my pride. The good thing is the bug seems to be fixed.
Quote from Rhama :I guessed all this mylord.
But your pride is not rly the issue here.
From a user's perspective, who has dealt with mods and forums 'rules', and got the opportunity to catch the essence, the deep thoughts of your team mate victor, and of the lfs pillar users, that move was quite stinky.

For it is your duty too, to minimize confusion on what is hacking, a tool, not an intent. Instead of that even your team mate seem blind on this, and its fueling hate and wrong behaviours on forum and servers, wich you or any poweruser here NEVER moderate. A /modified tag is not enough, and even has nasty side effects like the zoo syndrome. (weird beasts in the cages, sounds medieval yeah)
I would have helped if i felt the community was worth it, wich u guess is not the case, at all.

U did a good job with LFS, but its long ago now, its spirit needs care.

Your just a hater.
Quote from Scawen :
I'm not too proud to ask, to see if these guys might want to save me the trouble. Now I know, these guys didn't want to take 5 minutes to help out. I'm not ashamed at all to have asked, and learned from what I got. The important thing is to fix the bug, not worry about my pride. The good thing is the bug seems to be fixed.

You dont even need to mention pride, shame etc... or feel bad about asking for help, unless you're a robot; you're not!
People make mistakes, you and your team didn't create a tetris version, but an online race simulator...

of course there might be vulnerabilities, so what? Mistakes are human.

P.S. Where's the God damn scirocco ??? :insane:
Quote from MorfeasFX :You dont even need to mention pride, shame etc... or feel bad about asking for help, unless you're a robot; you're not!

Most people do understand that. I'm only answering to the few who either have an image of me grovelling at the feet of the hackers, or who think I should be taking some kind of aggressive and threatening stance towards them.

The hackers are just having fun at our expense, they could in fact be a lot worse if they wanted to be. Hopefully they'll find some good use for their talents one day. It's not like they committed murder.

Anyway, flaws have been exposed and we're on the case, with good side effects. To me this update is a positive experience overall, with some frustration as in any update.
#332 - col
Quote from CodieMorgan :Your just a hater.

He sure is - just looked at some of his other posts.
He's obviously got a chip on his shoulder about something.
Unfortunately, he seems unable to express any coherent explanation as to exactly what his problem is
I'll close this thread now. Hackers with no username... it's in the past.

New patch coming soon with multiplayer system improvements :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=80675

Thanks all for your contributions and testing of the B4 dedicated host.
This thread is closed

Ban this guy please [hacker using no username]
(333 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG