The online racing simulator
2.6s pit stop for Button!!!
#77 - DeKo
Quote from CSF :I'm perfectly happy to be wrong, but again you calling me brain dead is very amusing zombie orc.

Excuse me while I hang myself, I can't believe you called me a Zombie Orc! What the **** kind of insult is that? A zombie I can understand, but an orc? You ****ing geek, get some real insults, you call yourself Scottish and you can't even think up a better insult than that?
#78 - CSF
Quote from DeKo :Excuse me while I hang myself, I can't believe you called me a Zombie Orc! What the **** kind of insult is that? A zombie I can understand, but an orc? You ****ing geek, get some real insults, you call yourself Scottish and you can't even think up a better insult than that?

I'm fine with being wrong, and I've admitted I was wrong having seen the on board, but being called 'brain dead' by someone like you, who is consistently delusional when considering posts that you have made on your beloved The Rangers and on other clubs is very amusing. Geek? Sorry, who gets angry at iRacing? I'm surprised you've never heard the term 'orc' before when describing your kind, but thats not really my problem. Fair weather fan indeed.
Beautiful by Kimi.
some amazing driving from kimi
#81 - CSF
Far better move than the Webber move last year.

lol @ merc strategy again............
Why lol? Do you think you could do better?
Schumi still has some great moments. No comment on merc's strategy, again. Even though they have Ross Brawn, it never works out as it should...
#84 - CSF
Quote from tristancliffe :Why lol? Do you think you could do better?

Than what? That? I dunno, when running P3 having passed Kimi, knowing that these tyres don't last, I think a 2 stopper was probably a good idea. Consistently this team has produced really daft strategies that have cost them a lot of positions.
Marussia one-make-cup is a good way to get tv time.
Quote from CSF :Than what? That? I dunno, when running P3 having passed Kimi, knowing that these tyres don't last, I think a 2 stopper was probably a good idea. Consistently this team has produced really daft strategies that have cost them a lot of positions.

That's because the tyres CAN last sometimes, but nobody really knows, especially with a wet Friday. so it's a gamble. You can try to eek it out and gain lots, but by doing so you risk losing everything. No have NOT made that gamble might result in the same finishing position as the gample not working, but it appears worse because of running higher up the order.

However, it's good to know you more about Pirelli's F1 tyres than Pirelli and all the teams combined. As well as how brake systems work.
Grats to Button. Excellent drive, from the begining
#88 - CSF
Quote from tristancliffe :That's because the tyres CAN last sometimes, but nobody really knows, especially with a wet Friday. so it's a gamble. You can try to eek it out and gain lots, but by doing so you risk losing everything. No have NOT made that gamble might result in the same finishing position as the gample not working, but it appears worse because of running higher up the order.

However, it's good to know you more about Pirelli's F1 tyres than Pirelli and all the teams combined. As well as how brake systems work.

Righto, and when has that worked then Mr Tristan? It's worked for Seb and Jenson because they have had the gap and the car. Mercedes have been consistent tyre destroyers this season. It wasn't going to work. It hasn't worked every time Mercedes have tried it because, whisper it quietly in case people hear you, Mercedes eats tyres. It has done all season. You can see that just watching live timing and you can know its not going to change because it's an inherent car flaw. It's not exactly rocket science to suggest, based on the other 11 races this season, that it wasn't going to work for Merc.
Dont start blaming Lewis here, anyone who even attempts to put blame on him, is a complete tool, in other words a total Idiot.

Grosjean is the facking idiot here, what a completely idiotic move, shame on him!!
#90 - CSF
Quote from lamerr :Dont start blaming Lewis here, anyone who even attempts to put blame on him, is a complete tool, in other words a total Idiot.

Grosjean is the facking idiot here, what a completely idiotic move, shame on him!!

I wasn't blaming anyone other than Romain for the crash, I just thought Lewis didn't slow. I accept having seen the onboard replay that I was very wrong and should have waited to watch that.
Good drive from Button.

Also impressed with Vettel. A couple of ballsy moves there during the race.
Decent race, some great fights out there. The only guy I feel bad for is Alonso.
Quote from CSF :Righto, and when has that worked then Mr Tristan? It's worked for Seb and Jenson because they have had the gap and the car. Mercedes have been consistent tyre destroyers this season. It wasn't going to work. It hasn't worked every time Mercedes have tried it because, whisper it quietly in case people hear you, Mercedes eats tyres. It has done all season. You can see that just watching live timing and you can know its not going to change because it's an inherent car flaw. It's not exactly rocket science to suggest, based on the other 11 races this season, that it wasn't going to work for Merc.

Maybe (and whisper this too) they know more about the car than you? Perhaps they thought they'd fixed it. Maybe there was an upgrade that was meant to help. But it turns out you know about Pirellis degradation from live timing, Hamilton's brake condition in real time, and Mercedes' upgrade schedule.

We often see cars not taking the gamble. But it doesn't look too special because they aren't 'artificially' higher up the order. Lots of teams have made the gamble - some have been successful. Other have only just been successful. Other times it's just not quite worked out. And other times again it's been a disaster that everyone thinks they could have foreseen.

If only F1 strategy was as easy as you think it is.
Quote from banfwd :Decent race, some great fights out there. The only guy I feel bad for is Alonso.

Yeah! Feel bad for Hamilton and Sauber also

BTW, great overtaking from Kimi to Schumi.
Quote from CSF :Righto, and when has that worked then Mr Tristan? It's worked for Seb and Jenson because they have had the gap and the car. Mercedes have been consistent tyre destroyers this season. It wasn't going to work. It hasn't worked every time Mercedes have tried it because, whisper it quietly in case people hear you, Mercedes eats tyres. It has done all season. You can see that just watching live timing and you can know its not going to change because it's an inherent car flaw. It's not exactly rocket science to suggest, based on the other 11 races this season, that it wasn't going to work for Merc.

I don't think you can generalise like that. When Nico won he stopped twice whilst Button stopped three times. We've seen basically all the teams go over that cliff and lose loads of pace by trying to go too far on a set.
Quote from CSF :I wasn't blaming anyone other than Romain for the crash, I just thought Lewis didn't slow. I accept having seen the onboard replay that I was very wrong and should have waited to watch that.

Np mate, i might have sounded a bit harsh, but it was more because I didnt want others starting to blame Lewis here, if You know what I mean.
#97 - CSF
Quote from tristancliffe :Maybe (and whisper this too) they know more about the car than you? Perhaps they thought they'd fixed it. Maybe there was an upgrade that was meant to help. But it turns out you know about Pirellis degradation from live timing, Hamilton's brake condition in real time, and Mercedes' upgrade schedule.

Ah yes, thats right, Merc who had no upgrades other than a small update to the engine cover, have suddenly fixed something that they admitted as long ago as China that it's a flaw with the overall car design. Cool story.

Cool, I was wrong once, I admitted that, I'm fine with it.

Quote from sinbad :I don't think you can generalise like that. When Nico won he stopped twice whilst Button stopped three times. We've seen basically all the teams go over that cliff and lose loads of pace by trying to go too far on a set.

That was really a fluke, based on Merc finding a sweet spot between temperatures and track characteristics. You can see that it has gone wrong on many more occasions, such as Valencia where both cars were trains for other cars and it only went right when they got a get out of jail free card in the form of a SC.
Cool story? Why are you using internet phrases that bear no resemblance to the rest of the paragraph. There was no story in my post.

Maybe they're using different camber. Maybe they haven't published EVERY upgrade (although you do know every single change to every single component, and you know exactly how they will work at every corner in every condition on every lap with every fuel load and with both drivers). Maybe they tweaked the ballast. Maybe the drivers have found a trick that was meant to help.

As I said, it's a good job F1 is soooooo easy. That explains why you have won every F1 race in real life you've ever entered.

You said earlier that Hamilton didn't brake. Yet his front wheel was locked up until just before contact with Alonso when he took his foot of the pedal for safety. Are you watching the same race as us? Are you SURE you haven't got a 1987 F1 Season Review in your DVD player?
Kimi has proven he has the balls when overtaking into Eau Rouge.
#100 - CSF
Quote from tristancliffe :Cool story? Why are you using internet phrases that bear no resemblance to the rest of the paragraph. There was no story in my post.

Maybe they're using different camber. Maybe they haven't published EVERY upgrade (although you do know every single change to every single component, and you know exactly how they will work at every corner in every condition on every lap with every fuel load and with both drivers). Maybe they tweaked the ballast. Maybe the drivers have found a trick that was meant to help.

As I said, it's a good job F1 is soooooo easy. That explains why you have won every F1 race in real life you've ever entered.

It's pretty boring repeating yourself, but again, fundamental flaw with tyre management that was obvious when studying pre-season testing, round one where Merc went backwards, round etc etc. But hey, turns out I was right in the end as he had to pit because he was going backwards.

Quote :You said earlier that Hamilton didn't brake. Yet his front wheel was locked up until just before contact with Alonso when he took his foot of the pedal for safety. Are you watching the same race as us? Are you SURE you haven't got a 1987 F1 Season Review in your DVD player?

And again, I admitted I was wrong when I saw the onboard from Lewis point of view. Again, having to repeat myself here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG