The online racing simulator
I just noticed our servers having internet trouble again. Forum, LFS.net, LFS World and master server were not accessible from my location for a few minutes. A dip in the online graph suggests that's not just me.

For some reason I can't see cargame.nl S2 any more. S1 seemed to be missing for a while but now it's back.
Correct... Should be saying

<= online ... Here. But it doesn't. While I'm really on CG S2 right now with 22 others.
Servers down
All the Redline Racing servers went offline and then reset at about that time too.
#255 - col
Quote from Scawen :I just noticed our servers having internet trouble again. Forum, LFS.net, LFS World and master server were not accessible from my location for a few minutes. A dip in the online graph suggests that's not just me.

For some reason I can't see cargame.nl S2 any more. S1 seemed to be missing for a while but now it's back.

Ive noticed this happening quite often with the forum over the last few months. Every now and then, it's not there - always comes back in a minute or two. I just assumed it was a problem with my ISP... DNS issues or something... I've not been racing for a while, so only noticed with the forum.
Indeed. Bph severs went down for a time also. Running again back.
Quote from Whiskey :It does when two cars cross the line at the very same time and then you (a human) judge who was first. The one with smashed front will lose by a few inches, so damages does matter.

Thats a bit unfair, because its possible that car with lag appears behind. I remember we had situation on drag where cars had same time, and car with laggy conection appeared to be like 1.5-2 m behind.
Thanks for elucidating this Scawen. I have nothing pertinent to report concerning my 0.6B4 server except for a couple of these (harmless) logs:
• OOS - CAR
• JOOS - ENG
• JOOS : Resync RES (1)
• JOOS - SET CAR WHL ENG

(This is on a server with low activity but with an InSim running.)
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Thats a bit unfair, because its possible that car with lag appears behind. I remember we had situation on drag where cars had same time, and car with laggy conection appeared to be like 1.5-2 m behind.

I know in most forms of autoracing they use the front wheels to determine who actually won, so it balances out that factor.
Quote from Mustangman759 :I know in most forms of autoracing they use the front wheels to determine who actually won, so it balances out that factor.

In karts we use transponders, which means we are classified by when the actual transponder crosses the line.

Of course the rules state to have the transponder on the same piece of the kart for everyone, so it means missing/crushed bumpers become irrelevant.

I don't know how the game works, but I assume there is an imaginary location on the car that must pass the s/f? If so, I doubt bodywork would affect the outcome, no?
By the looks of the screenshots, it seems like LFS counts the time of the lap when the driver crosses the line (actual 3d human object, not car).
Without studying the code in detail at this point, I think it is when the mesh centre passes the finish line path node (usually the first path node after the visible finish line). Or, in the case of custom timing, when the mesh centre passes the user checkpoint or finish line.

I admit that's not very realistic or good. The mesh centre is an arbitrary point somewhere near the centre of the car. But at least it is fair, because the start positions are also based on the mesh centre. I do want to do thousandths at some point but it will not be in this set of patches.
@Scawen

My server sended this message 5 min ago

› HOST : TIMER BOUNDED

It was a Message to all the users online.

What does it mean? Why happend that?
Scawen, please check mail
Quote from Chriship :@Scawen

Well, I can provoke that by manually dragging the dedi-window (running on a Windows system) around for 30 or more seconds. I guess it happens when the server detects that the timespan between 2 ticks was larger than x seconds. (maybe 30). IIrc ,that was one of the fixes that Scawen made recently.

Edit. No serious problems on TC servers.
uptime 72 hours, 2097 connects, just a few JOOS like it has always been before
Quote from chucknorris :Well, I can provoke that by manually dragging the dedi-window (running on a Windows system) around for 30 or more seconds. I guess it happens when the server detects that the timespan between 2 ticks was larger than x seconds. (maybe 30). IIrc ,that was one of the fixes that Scawen made recently.

Edit. No serious problems on TC servers.
uptime 72 hours, 2097 connects, just a few JOOS like it has always been before

So , for what i understood:

When that message appears is cause someone tried to lagg the server / or the server lagged it self?

For example , the hackers for turn the server down , they used some lagg or sending packets measure.

So if that message appears , means that the server had a provoked lagg/ attack but it solved?

Thanks for the info in advance.
No, it has nothing to do with the clients. Wick 'tick', I meant a work-cycle of the server's inner gears.
Quote from Chriship :@Scawen

This means that the time step reported to the server, between one frame and the next, was longer than 6 seconds.

This may be for one of two reasons.

1) The elapsed time reported to LFS by the operating system suddenly jumped forwards by more than 6 seconds. This is a known bug in Wine - it happens when the system time is adjusted (unlike in Windows).

2) LFS was not given any CPU time for 6 seconds. Maybe the system was busy for some reason. This can be reproduced by clicking and holding the title bar of LFS for more than 6 seconds.

Both of these are quite bad situations. Clocks should increase steadily and programs should be given CPU time. Anyway, LFS now tries to deal with it by bounding the time increase to between 0 and 6 seconds, which stops various problems (timeouts and so on) that could come up as a result of negative or large positive time steps.

It's not possible to truly solve the problem in these cases. LFS cannot know how much time has really passed. There will be a time jump that will be seen on the guests either as a hang during which time their car does not move, or a jump forward in time when their car is a bit further down the road than it was.
Quote from chucknorris :No, it has nothing to do with the clients. Wick 'tick', I meant a work-cycle of the server's inner gears.

Thanks for the information

-----------------------------

Oh , now i understand.

Thanks for the reply Scawen.

Best regards.
Scawen,

Since i've changed my server to 0.6B4 Version , the insim shut downs everyday.

I'm using that insim on 2 servers.

-One With 0.6B4 Version
-One With 0.6B

And the insim only goes down at the 0.6B4.
This started to happen since the server is 0.6B4

Any solution?
Why does this happen?

Thank you in advance.
I don't know. If the external insim program shuts down then it must have a bug in it. If LFS causes a timeout of the insim program, that is strange because the changes I've made should make it less likely to time out.

I really have no idea and you probably need to talk to the insim programmer or any other users of it, giving them more information.
Ok thanks for the info.

I will check logs when the insim shuts down again.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Scawen.

Looks like the 0.6B4 Version doesn't fix the problem at all.

Today the hacker joined BPH , And we told him:

Try to shut down the server.

And he shutted it down.

''Nothing weird on logs'', on desktop just appeard: LFS.EXE Stopped Working.

Can you find any solution releasing a new Server patch?

Best regards.

EDIT: Attached replay from the hacker.
Attached files
replay hacker.mpr - 59.5 KB - 309 views
Quote from Chriship :on desktop just appeard: LFS.EXE Stopped Working.

What is the crash address?

If I know the crash address, I can often track down the line of code where it crashed. Without it, I don't know anything.

The crash address or offset is displayed in the crash report when a program crashes.
Where can i check that?
This thread is closed

Ban this guy please [hacker using no username]
(333 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG