The online racing simulator
Care to help my brother a little?
(43 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Indeed Maggot! I am not into skating myself, but from a spectators point of veiw I find it both entertaining and usefull. The kids really love it, and there are several benefits from it, such as:
  • Helping the kids socialize - getting them off the computer and into groups of other young people
  • A lot of health benefits (only minuses here are the injuries, but that's something we just got to accept, kids fall and hurt themself but are soon on their legs again!)
  • It seems that the two points above really helps the kids not getting into the "trouble-zone". By this I mean that the kids skating is not the kids who vandalize and do shit in the neightbourhood. If this is just randomly luck I do not know, but it seems it helps the kids to get healthy interests and moral
I did not know that the skating community had such great veiws on green movement, but nevertheless it's great hearing that! We need more people like that in today's world!

Many companies have excessive product lines that use environmentally friendly process, practices and/or materials. Some companies also absorb the added cost instead of charging more for their 'green' products. Some companies, like Sector 9, go so far as to advocate it directly on their site and through their sponsored events. In no other industry have I seen a proper, dedicated example of reducing the environmental impact on a fundamental behavior level. Lots of companies do the 'LOOK AT ME! I'm going GREEN!' thing for publicity's sake, but the action sports (especially skateboard and snowboard) markets do it because it's right; proven by the way they've handled it.

A lot of that might come down to the fact that these industries depend on a good environment to even exist as sports at all, but the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.
Quote from Gougoodthing :Does he know how many votes he has right now?

Sadly the page does not have a counter, and I am not sure if it's updating constantly, or if it's like 1 time each day or more.

Quote from Stig209 :There's no better thing than help a norwegian hoping that this one come true

Haha! Thanks chap! I promiss I'll make a donation to save-the-sauna-fundation someday ;p
(for the ones not understanding the joke is that Finland got two things in this life, they got cheap boose and saunas )

Quote from MAGGOT :Many companies have excessive product lines that use environmentally friendly process, practices and/or materials. Some companies also absorb the added cost instead of charging more for their 'green' products. Some companies, like Sector 9, go so far as to advocate it directly on their site and through their sponsored events. In no other industry have I seen a proper, dedicated example of reducing the environmental impact on a fundamental behavior level. Lots of companies do the 'LOOK AT ME! I'm going GREEN!' thing for publicity's sake, but the action sports (especially skateboard and snowboard) markets do it because it's right; proven by the way they've handled it.

A lot of that might come down to the fact that these industries depend on a good environment to even exist as sports at all, but the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

voted!
And we're on a new day!
Thanks a lot for all the people that was kind enough to vote on day 1, now lets keep up the pace and continue on voting!
IE:
1)Start "inPrivate Browsing"
2)Paste link
3)Vote
4)Close
5)Repeat

Quite a votes sent your way.

Also in IE with inPrivate Browsing:
1)Have page open
2) ALT
3) Down Arrow 4 times
4) Enter
5) CTRL+V
6)Repeat from step 2 multiple times
7) Vote all after.
Bump!
Remember to vote now before midnight, and then vote afterwards too

Sorry for the spam, it's soon over (sunday 02.09.12)
Bumpidibump!
3 days left, remember: http://www.los.no/los-fondet/stem/
-> "Marnardal - Drømmer om skatepark"

On a side note, got hangover, ass hurts, who of you forgot to use lube yesterday?
Voted.

you should have asked Ben to leave you that bottle
Indeed, damn you Ben, damn you to hell!
And we have two days left.

Challenge accepted!

Bork bork bork! (voted 3 times... ;p)
I think they have fixed the vote bug, now it's dependable on the IP adress, even tho the vote button is there after a log refresh

Well, either way, please keep on voting! It's 23 hours left of the competition!
Quote from The Very End :I think they have fixed the vote bug, now it's dependable on the IP adress, even tho the vote button is there after a log refresh

Well, either way, please keep on voting! It's 23 hours left of the competition!

I wonder if they deleted all the fake votes. Anyway, I voted once every day.
My 2nd way of voting more than once still works.

Just voted about 25 times.
I am very thankfull that you take your time doing this, thank you all
Even if they maybe not win, a second place is well accepted and they still get a good amount of money - alltho preferable top spot is the best sollution.

Anyway, we have some hours left before it closes, for the ones that have the posibility, please make a vote.

As said earlier, my brother and his friends are very happy to hear that people even outside Norway is helping them getting their dream park
Haha, roughly yes! I might join you for a trip to hell someday...

Anyhow! My brother and his team landed on 2th spot, which they are happy with. 80 000 NOK is a lot of money, and they will get their park. The rest will be sorted out from private people and some extra free-time work from the involved persons.

Thank you very much for your help people
Cant go wrong with free money glad they got a good amount

Care to help my brother a little?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG