The online racing simulator
Did'nt take long did it?
(40 posts, started )
yet, ive seen people take note of mini motos and monkey bikes on the road, but almost wipe out a bmw gs.....lol.
Just got word from Lings, she has been on the phone and is now denying any responsablitiy, saying I was overtaking a van, what a load of BS.

Now its down to the insurance companies to thrash it out, hopefully they will be ok, otherwise I am £1500 and what it costs to replace my gear, in the red , not a happy bunny.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Just got word from Lings, she has been on the phone and is now denying any responsablitiy, saying I was overtaking a van, what a load of BS.

Now its down to the insurance companies to thrash it out, hopefully they will be ok, otherwise I am £1500 and what it costs to replace my gear, in the red , not a happy bunny.

Dan,

So if she's saying you were overtaking a van...what damage did the van do to her car then?
Lets see what kind of answer she gives to that
Quote from danowat :Just got word from Lings, she has been on the phone and is now denying any responsablitiy, saying I was overtaking a van, what a load of BS.

Dan,

If you've got witness names, addresses etc she aint gotta a hope. She will have been advised by her insurers to deny responsibility - standard procedure.
You didn't make her sing any kind of piece of paper where she admits that she was to blame what happened? With your, her's and maybe with two extra people to varify it with signatures it would have been a legal contract where she couln't go away. Allways make a paper of it, you can't trust peoples word on these things these days. Must say that it's a bit americanish style, but heyy you can't never be to sure when it's about money
Are there witnesses to her admission of liability? That also puts you in a strong position.
Quote from Vain :In my driving school they quoted that over 80% of all accidents involving motorbikes are caused by car-drivers. That's a pretty bad ratio.

Doesn't suprise me when 90% of all car drivers have no clue what the hell is going on. illepall
I think Tristan's post echoes my feelings about the speed issue also.
Speed doesn't kill people. Doing 60mph on an 'A' road doesn't make you twice as likely to be involved in a fatal accident as you would be doing 30mph past a school at 3:30pm. That's where the "inappropriate speed" argument comes from. There are times when 80mph is not an irresponsible speed on a motorway, and there are times when 25mph is totally reckless through a city centre. Our laws are blind to this. People need to be educated, and the way the media and the police seem to suggest that speed is the number one enemy is very frustrating. "Drive at 30mph in a 30 zone and you'll never harm a soul, do 80mph on a clear motorway and 'flash-flash' you're a danger to the public".

PS: Glad you're ok Dan
Quote from sinbad :I think Tristan's post echoes my feelings about the speed issue also.
Speed doesn't kill people. Doing 60mph on an 'A' road doesn't make you twice as likely to be involved in a fatal accident as you would be doing 30mph past a school at 3:30pm. That's where the "inappropriate speed" argument comes from. There are times when 80mph is not an irresponsible speed on a motorway, and there are times when 25mph is totally reckless through a city centre. Our laws are blind to this. People need to be educated, and the way the media and the police seem to suggest that speed is the number one enemy is very frustrating. "Drive at 30mph in a 30 zone and you'll never harm a soul, do 80mph on a clear motorway and 'flash-flash' you're a danger to the public".

PS: Glad you're ok Dan

Well said - schools are always a good point in this discussion. I love doing the speed limit past them, knowing that the children are perfectly safe and that the law can't get me for speeding. The smell of the kiddies blood as it seeps through the vents of the car is amazing - nearly as good as Castrol R.

Good job the gatsos on straight bits of motorways are trained on me, just in case I'm really dangerous.
Quote from Blackout :You didn't make her sing any kind of piece of paper where she admits that she was to blame what happened? With your, her's and maybe with two extra people to varify it with signatures it would have been a legal contract where she couln't go away. Allways make a paper of it, you can't trust peoples word on these things these days. Must say that it's a bit americanish style, but heyy you can't never be to sure when it's about money

No one would sign anything like that. A few years ago my dad got into his first ever bump (he was backing out of a parking bay and someone tried to get round him before he got out), and the guy said that he wanted my parents to sign something to that effect.
They refused to, and just gave him the insurance company details, turned out the guy wasn't insured anyway and nothing came of it.

Dan, you won't be out of pocket, the company who's bike you were riding will put the pressure on to get their money. Don't worry about anything. Unless you get a bill for £1,500 xD

Not suprised one bit that the silly blind cow is trying to wriggle out of it.

Happens all the time "yes, it was my fault" while your stood infront of them, soon change their story once they realise they will lose their NCB and their insurance will be going up.

People wonder why most car drivers are hated by bikers, you've just found out why.
Sorry to hear Dan, glad you're well.

At least you had a decent courtesy bike. I remember someone telling me about the time they took their sports bike in for a service, dressed in lime green racing leathers and supercool darkened helmet.
...then having to drive home and return on the courtesy 50cc put-put bike. The laughs he got while sat at the traffic lights!
Quote from P1lot :Sorry to hear Dan, glad you're well.

At least you had a decent courtesy bike. I remember someone telling me about the time they took their sports bike in for a service, dressed in lime green racing leathers and supercool darkened helmet.
...then having to drive home and return on the courtesy 50cc put-put bike. The laughs he got while sat at the traffic lights!

lol
Dunno, might have felt happier about binning a crappy little put-put instead of a brand new Daytona.

Dan,
Quote from P1lot :Sorry to hear Dan, glad you're well.

I would've just walked home!

Did'nt take long did it?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG