The online racing simulator
DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
Quote from spankmeyer :My character location data was fubar on server. I logged out near NW airfield but spawned in Cherno.

I got up early today and managed to kill my new character while looting barns by falling off the stairs.

Morning's second character is going strong though. AKSU-74, M1911 and Alice full of food and soda... AND MATCHES!

Ive never had a spawn glitch yet , except once where i spawned unconscious. But we had epipens because it was like a 30 min spawn.
Anyone got the latest beta patch yet? Is it just me or did they fix the night time brightness? I can't see anything even if I use the gamma/brightness trick
I had a great morning today. Found weapons, supplies, matches, food... and an off-road in pristine condition.

Caused some commotion while driving towards north.

But soon after a hacker instakilled whole server.
can someone quickly explain the deal with the ARMA 2 version numbers and how it effects servers i want to join.

My version

Arma - 1.62.95883
DayZ - 1.7.2.4

what i have noticed so far is that when i join a server which isn't a 95883 or 95885 it takes FOREVER! to join a server.

i notice on the server list through Dayzcommader 48% of servers are running 95885 so i didnt want to upgrade to the latest 96061/63 version if i cant join older version servers.
You should download dayzcommander sunce your dayz is out of date also
LOLO got shot in Cherno by some Ghillie Camper, lost my FN-FAL but meh it aint that big of a deal, i actually wanted to die so I can go at Cherno and Murder people...
Lol, having an fn fal usually does put a target on your head
Quote from Mustangman759 :You should download dayzcommander sunce your dayz is out of date also

i know it is, im going to update that tomorrow but i just want to know if i update arma to the latest version can i still join older versions?
Quote from R3DMAN :i know it is, im going to update that tomorrow but i just want to know if i update arma to the latest version can i still join older versions?

I believe so
cool, ill update it then.
yea, i noticed

when i relaunched dayz commander it had already updated it so ive just left it, seems to be working tho

edit :

for the last two times ive logged into a server ive started back at the coast both times! lol annoying! i still have all my gear but its annoying.

I also just got banned for hacking which shocked me as i was just running down a street near the hospital in Elektro.

Never mind. lol
Were you actually hacking?
I'm a banditt now..
Step 1. Spawn
Step 2. Find essential gear
Step 3. Run for 40-50 minutes to the north-west airfield for mad loot
Step 4. Mega artifact glitches there, relog to a different server to maybe fix it
Step 5. Hear the shoreline during load-screen

Step 6. My face when I spawn near Cherno instead of the barracks at the airfield:
Attached images
fuuu.jpg
Quote from R3DMAN :cool, ill update it then.

You can join 1.7.2.4 server with 1.7.2.5 but the spawns aren't compatible. So if you log back into a 1.7.2.5 server, you will be spawned at the coast. Learned this the hard way when I was close to the NW airfield.
ah, this was happening to me last night but i was joining (what it said) 1.7.2.4 servers but each time i logged back in i spawned at the coast!

its all updated now tho, six launcher updated it for me.
-
(FRZN-95) DELETED by FRZN-95 : wrong reply
Quote from Jertje :Step 4. Mega artifact glitches there, relog to a different server to maybe fix it

@Everyone who gets the glitch:
To fix the artifacts change your HDR Quality to: Very High and put Video Memory to: Default or if it doesnt change put it to High click OK to refresh it and then bring it back down to Default again.. That works for me and Mustangman.
Quote from R3DMAN :ah, this was happening to me last night but i was joining (what it said) 1.7.2.4 servers but each time i logged back in i spawned at the coast!

its all updated now tho, six launcher updated it for me.

Hm when I checked last week, Six Launcher doesn't have 1.7.2.5 yet. Use DayZ Commender
it does now. i didnt touch dayzcom and it was at 1.7.2.5
we found a bus!!!! Sticking to that server
Apparently the latest beta patch 96061 stops hackers from spawning items.

Apparently now everyone is getting the memo all servers are switching to that patch, how true this is i dont know.

Someone said that they went on a server and had not seen a hacker in 3 dayz (see what i did there) but how accurate this is i dont know.

And i heat 1.7.3 is just around the corner also.
I wasnt sure if 96061 was any good so I left it at 95885 but now i see alot of servers are jumping onto 96061 and ive decided to do it aswell.. Thx for the info btw.

DayZ - Arma 2 Zombie Mod
(487 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG