The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from danthebangerboy :Beema fans, if you owned an e46 320d 9as i do) and wanted something with a bit more go, and were offered a mint condition e36 325i coupe as a swap, would you do it?

You've got to think, why would someone want to swap something 'mint' for something pretty shagged out? People rarely do deals to lose money...
Quote from danthebangerboy : Beema

I'll say it again.

BIMMER Owners, Bayerische Motoren Werke car owners. Will make fun of you if you keep calling a Bimmer a Beema (who apparently is a successful Indian Musician), Not to let yourself stand out like a complete plunge I'm here to help you.
B-i-m-m-e-r

B-e-e-m-a

Yours truly.
Quote from G!NhO :7J square? haha

wat?
Quote from kars19 :oem wheels?

for best performance - 235/40 all round

im gonna say its replica m contours coz they are all 7j. oe ones are 7.5
I just bought these tires so im not changing them for bigger ones(it would look stoopid on em anyway),but my goal is to be somewhat flush with the fenders. i dont need hellaflush,stanceworks bs just a little wider and more flush wheels
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Here is my lovely baby! its slow as f*ck but i love it

On 3rd and 4th pic you can see the big room for teh spacers.
Attached images
bömbi2.jpg
bömbi.jpg
gap.jpg
gap2.jpg
pls remove that fail-ish m-technic badge
No spacers. Widers wheels with better (lower) ET values
no thx. spacers it is
Quote from Shotglass :yes but you could help not buying cars you can afford to maintain and with that history of treating a car or rather turning it into a complete wreck should be ample reason for anyone never to buy a car with your name in its owner history

Fair point, but you cant really budget for, or expect a gearbox and clutch to nuke itself without warning, which is what it did, we will agree to disagree on this point i think

But yeah, done it, found out the reason why my mate wanted the swap now too, what i didnt realise is that he had some speeding fines come through from when he briefly had an M3, (which some **** stole) and as he is only in his early 20's, can no longer afford to insure the 325 and not be crippled financially (3k plus quotes!) the 2l diesel is a much more sensible and practical option for him.

So yeah, picked it up tonight, first thing i did was take off the bonnet bra thing, i hate those, and although they do serve a purpose to avoid stone chips, they also make the paint sweat, and you only need one grain of dirt to get between it and the bonnet and it buggers the paint up, so thats now in the boot.

The next job its getting is a serious deep clean, its far from bad, just grubby in places, the interior shows the dirt quite badly as its cream leather, ill be buying an amount of cleaning products in the very near future, or some leather dye and have it black, not sure what i want to do yet, it drives like a dream though, and is f**king fast too!
the race car which i mechanic for

Quote from Jakg :
I know I certainly wouldn't want to swap to an older, less valuable, less fuel efficient car atm.

And thats why you're a dork.
Quote from Klutch :And thats why you're a dork.

Hah!

Nice car Dan. At this rate, you'll be in an M3 soon....probably.

Oh btw, don't dye the seats yourself. Most DIY kits are just a simple dye which coats the leather, and wears off easy. Best thing to do is either get a professional to do it (They spray the leather using flexible polymer fillers) or swap them out for black M3 vaders or even just a standard black leather interior. Vaders are coming down in price now. I put some into my old M3 'vert. Very comfortable!
Wow that Audi 80 Coupé looks hot.
Quote from Klutch :And thats why you're a dork.

He'd much rather buy an obsolete car from an out of business manufacturer.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Vaders are coming down in price now. I put some into my old M3 'vert. Very comfortable!

And how much they cost now in UK? I know some guys here who are importing RHD e36 from UK to my country then disassemble them and sell parts. Damn Vaders cost like 500-600 (or even more) gbp here. Default leather seats in good condition about 150gbp, ''sportsitze'' recaro's about 200-400 (depends on color, etc).
Well it's impossible to know if it's a proper S2 going by what it looks like.

Essentially all an S2 is, is an 80 Coupé with a 2.2 i5.

On the other hand, spotted this on the same website. Holy shite it's sexy.

Quote from BlueFlame :Essentially all an S2 is, is an 80 Coupé with a 2.2Turbo i5.

Fixed for ya,but yes - it's still the same body,so what's the point of this discussion...
Quote from Eclipsed :Fixed for ya,but yes - it's still the same body,so what's the point of this discussion...

Who cares about the Turbo? The S2 is the only car in the 80 lineup that had a 5cylinder engine [with the exception of the RS2] never-mind a turbo.
And 4 wheel drive!
Quote from BlueFlame :Who cares about the Turbo? The S2 is the only car in the 80 lineup that had a 5cylinder engine [with the exception of the RS2] never-mind a turbo.

According to wikipedia the Coupé (B3 series, Type 89) was available with N/A 5 cylinder engines until 1994 or 1996 which is after the facelift (1991).

Oh and G!NhO: Audi 80 were built with 4WD (called quattro of course) since late 1982. That includes the 90 as well as the coupé.
Quote from 5tag :According to wikipedia the Coupé (B3 series, Type 89) was available with N/A 5 cylinder engines until 1994 or 1996 which is after the facelift (1991).

Would that be the German wikipedia? As here in the UK I've never seen a stock 80 Coupé with a 5cylinder.

My bad, the 2.3E had a 5cylinder , damn never seen one of those before. Only a 10v too...
Sorry I haven't been around for... much at all lol!

My local Mazda club is over 200 people now and between it and work and up until recently my car was taking up all of my attention but now that I'm slowing down (near entirely) on building my car for no reason I'm just going to start saving and deal with life stuff first.

Here are some fairly recent images if no one has seen them:

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG