The online racing simulator
LFS UK Kart Meet 2012
(230 posts, started )
Thanks to Jason and everyone else for a great weekend. Was nice to meet everyone!

The Karting was awesome, especially in the wet. Had a good sprint race/endurance and surprised myself at how I was doing.

Aching a lot now though lol

Hopefully will see everyone again next year

Thanks again Jason!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Great weekend - mega thanks to Jason and his family for being so accommodating for the fourth year in a row. Happy 10th birthday, LFS!

Nice cake. Cakes with fruit on are underrated.
Quote from mbutcher :Nice cake. Cakes with fruit on are underrated.

Survived 500 miles of driving plus a train trip
Quote from cargame.nl :Survived 500 miles of driving plus a train trip

It was a tasty cake! nom nom nom!

@ Rock -Photobucked rezised them for me... they should me like 6-9mb each!
Karting
The weather was a great mix for the karting, a drying track to start out which gave way to walking pace drifting once a shower hit (never laughed so much when racing). Could almost spin the wheels in a straight line, madness.

After the rain stopped, the weather just got warmer throughout the day and the track dried and increased in grip, to the extent we were back to only dabbing the brakes for the reverse Eau Rouge style corner. Quite the change from earlier.

The karts were more closely matched this time, with no obvious super fast or slow karts. Not saying they were anywhere near as even as we would have liked but complaints on this front were definitely reduced this time. I had some of my best racing this year, was nice to end up part of a pack at times.

My sympathies go out to the Swedes (Mike & Andreas), who, after traveling so far, ended up with some of the worst luck regarding karts.

The endurance race was unexpectedly cut short soon after our team (myself, cargame and ACCAkut) stopped for our last drive change + fuel, only to find there was none left. The marshals were also citing running out of karts as a reason. They did at least make up by letting some of us take out the "Thunderkart" for a few laps apiece which went down very well (allegedly circa 30hp, vs a measly 5½hp for the hire karts). Can we get 9 more for next year?

Evening
Amusement began soon after the awards ceremony when I awkwardly discovered at a roundabout on the way to Jason's that cargame and I were following one another. This was soon rectified though and the rest of the journey was without incident.

Alcohol did give way to some amusement as the night progressed, after nominating myself chef and even managing to cook some food (apart from the sausages Jason had hidden and neglected to tell us about) we had some laughs with twister though many (wisely?) declined to join in. Embarrassing photos to follow?

Poker and pool seemed to go down very well also, TVE is a flukey bastard at darts, three_jump is inventive with Jenga blocks, Stormcloud wins an honorary award for "most severely passed out" and people seem to think I'm starting to resemble Simon Pegg. The anniversary cake was quickly consumed, pretty healthy going for a cake I think; makes a very pleasant change from the chocolate encased variety I usually seem to be offered.

Morning after
Usual pleasantries, breakfast, helping clear up and people making their leave. Some people watched the F1. Becky, TVE, ACCAkut and I left in convoy about half way through the race and later grabbed lunch at a service station somewhere in the midlands before Tor and I had our tearful goodbye.
But are you going to add each other on Facebook again?
Damn I missed the F1 this weekend!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :But are you going to add each other on Facebook again?

No, he's offended that I took him off so wouldn't tell me his last name so I could add him back.
You dick, it's Lerbæk , you know that
Running out of power on laptop so canot write much now, but let me just say: THANK YOU ALL! This was a great trip, and alltho I have long way left home I am sure it's going to be just fine

Edit 1, still power left:
Got to post some twister pictures haha! That was a blast!
And thanks for beeing chef on the food Bob, for once I will say that you actually did something good for a change
Quote from Kid222 :That youtube stabilisation makes me feel like drunk. Nice track they got there.

Haha yeah it's a bit weird that! Looks much better than shaking around though, like it's a major earthquake!...
Did i read that the one recent year i have missed this, after constantly wanting to race in wet conditions... the one recent time i have missed the event, there were wet conditions!.

GRRRRrrrrrRRrRrrr! maybe next year we can do it in February, Then i will get the last laugh!.

Sounds like you all had fun as per usual, So well done Jason + Co.
A big thanks to Jason and his family for making this great weekend possible .

I think we all had a great time both at the house and on the racetrack. I just loved the weatherconditions we had during the two races. Too bad my team had to change kart 5 times an had 3 breakdowns .

I hope to see you all next year.

Again thanks Jason for a great weekend.
soo, TvE and me just arrived at my place after blitzing three countries in one afternoon (his car can do 155km/h (downhill, with draft, in the night) :schwitz.

Again many thanks to Becky and Jason('s family) for your overwhelming hospitality, and to all other thinking about joining the next meet, do it, you won't regret it
Quote from ACCAkut :soo, TvE and me just arrived at my place after blitzing three countries in one afternoon (his car can do 155km/h (downhill, with draft, in the night) :schwitz.

Again many thanks to Becky and Jason('s family) for your overwhelming hospitality, and to all other thinking about joining the next meet, do it, you won't regret it

Good to hear your back home safe my snooring buddy

How did TVE's beaver type thing last when going 96MPH? - Sorry I'm British :P
Thank you so much for this event.
So many thanks to Jason and Wife for the space, food and whole event
Also many thanks to Bruce and his tiny hamster for being my designated driver / car.

Karting was a lot closer than last year, but the karts were still very "british" and kept breaking down (I went through 3 different karts, with 5 stops during my last 30 mins stint). But all in all the fun fighting for the pass made up for it.

The rest was just as excellent as last year, looking forward to the next meeting

I'd love to post some of the pictures I did, but they look rather pathetic for which I blame my smartphone
You're all lightweights :-)

I've spent a bit more on a quite exclusive weekend at home:

greetz

der butz
Attached images
rechnung auto.jpg
Quote from der butz :You're all lightweights :-)

greetz

der butz

You can buy a 107 in Blighty for that!
Quote from der butz :

French car.

What did you expect?

LFS UK Kart Meet 2012
(230 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG