The online racing simulator
I think TBO are funnier ! Funnier to drive (less grip than FX3 and so nice slide with XRT), some really close fight without the big advantage of draft for the car that wanna overtake = real racing. Much more interesting, driving skills are more important on it aswell so for me it would be definitely TBO !

I vote for BTCC aswell
Thanks NIKI, Deko will most likely be all over that.
Quote from PMD9409 :Thanks NIKI, Deko will most likely be all over that.

I hope he does and that some other leagues follow him as well. You know it's much cooler if we get, what 500, a 1000, or even more viewers instead of 30-200.. Will surely bring some interesting people here and maybe LFS finally fits into the whole sim-racing community with all the other sims, rather than just being alone on the side-lines, thinking we're the best sim with best physics.
30-200... I think kyoto500 had something like 50-70 at its very best this year. I'd suggest to go out to mainstream websites like twitch.tv / own3d.tv and ask if the race could be featured from their admins, im pretty sure the admins wouldnt mind having a dedicated genre around.
Even the Aston 24h this year had about an average of 150 people watching the stream. From what I've seen, the streamed NDR events have always attracted about 45-50 people in the top tier series races. Would be cool to see LFS being a bit more promoted to the "simracing audience" so those figures could rise a little bit.
Unfortunately, I haven't been too bothered to promote what we have right now because of the reliability of getting a team ready in time to sufficiently promote it. It's not like it was in 2008/2009 when broadcasting was at its best in my mind...unfortunately all of the people who made it good then are not as able to commit to as much now.

So until then, don't expect and don't cry if there's not 1000+ viewers - I see no ability to make it worth it to that many people to stay tuned.

I'm sure once the new tyre physics come out and content starts to come anew to LFS, we'll get rejuvinated / more people to help streaming.

LFSCART would have been streamed this year, but for money (multiBC costs), someone with a decent computer (which anything else takes), and people to commentate - having admins around is more important than a stream.

I guarantee you, if the environment was ripe, I'd probably have done what N I K I suggests by now. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way yet.

Everyone who has helped to now has been great, but it's really not enough to make it work like it should to attract more than a couple hundred viewers.

E: Oh and I remember an event that was being streamed got onto the front page of the livestream site...I think it was the most recent 24h, but I might remember wrong...
Quote from Senninha25 :Even the Aston 24h this year had about an average of 150 people watching the stream.

150 was the absolute minimum this past year. The max at one point in time was 5xx. How many seen it throughout the entire 24 hours is probably a relatively high number.

Quote from dekojester :
E: Oh and I remember an event that was being streamed got onto the front page of the livestream site...I think it was the most recent 24h, but I might remember wrong...

You're right, see above. The broadcast was on the front page from 30 minutes into the race until 8-9 hours into the race (European midnight or so). It came back up once again as soon as the next day started.

The difference in my opinion is that one-off events get much more exposure than series. The problems that Deko said though have pretty much summed it up well. I tried my best to fill the gap with broadcasting but can't devote my time much anymore.
Isn't it just about presenting some good racing to the world what we should be doing here with this opportunity to get ourselves on their page? It's not like we need to make anything special, it's just that we share it with wider range of sim-racers. If they're not interested, well fine then, nothing we can do about it, but what if they are interested to check-in the broadcast and they never knew because we simply couldn't be bothered to put a link out there.... There were streams for each of GT2 races and so there will be for GT1WS races and you know it damn well. So stop being so American. :P
There's a lot to deal with behind the scenes. I've done a good chunk of the broadcast stuff lately but its hard to get a backup. I think Deko is working on an alternative, but until then broadcasts are never promised or a huge priority, because we don't have the "supplies" we once had.
Deko i could run the stream if you ever needed and im not driving
Quote from N I K I :Isn't it just about presenting some good racing to the world what we should be doing here with this opportunity to get ourselves on their page? It's not like we need to make anything special, it's just that we share it with wider range of sim-racers. If they're not interested, well fine then, nothing we can do about it, but what if they are interested to check-in the broadcast and they never knew because we simply couldn't be bothered to put a link out there.... There were streams for each of GT2 races and so there will be for GT1WS races and you know it damn well. So stop being so American. :P

Sure, anyone with a decent computer can turn up, do a broadcast, but without commentary and some preparatory work, it can be rubbish and turn viewers OFF.

It usually takes a little while to set up TVDirector (even before raceday - making .cam files if it's a track never used before, setting up onboards, etc), set audio levels, get a commentator/commentary team. That's just the basics.

Throw in the little extras that are a little bit of work but make the presentation a lot better / more informative: overlays, track lap pkgs, qual recaps, last round recaps, etc....those add to the experience.

As fil said, it's a lot to deal with. If it was as simple as "presenting some good racing to the world" without much intervention, every sim race in the world since sim-racing came about would have been broadcasted.

But then it's not something special, if anyone can do it.
As far as I've noticed you're making too much of a big deal out of this. As if it's some kind of obligation on your back that you for sure don't want. Let me tell you something, even without this obligation you guys turn out to make a great show every time around.

You always have entertaining commentary, pretty regular from Thilo, Dom, Csf, yourself and whoever else and you even have all the tracker on the stream stuff, support from Fuse with those nice screenies and music, I just don't see a problem. It's been working like this for years and of course the next day it all could fall apart, because non of us likes obligation.

But, think agian, you're doing it just for the fun of it and nothing is changed, except that your work will be just more appreciated. Surely that can only help to at least keep you guys motivated and perhaps if someone drops out, someone else will come to replace him fast for sure, hell if it's needed I'll do commentary when I'm not in my stint. So you know, it's still the same thing, there's nothing to be afraid of.
So far, I have assigned dates to GT1 World Series:

Round 1: 17 November 2012, 500km of BL1, 18:00 UTC
Round 2: 15 December 2012, 3 hours of FE3, 18:00 UTC
Round 3: 12 January 2013, 1000km of WE1, 18:00 UTC
Round 4: 2-3 February 2013, 24 Hours of Kyoto International (KY3X_K31), 15:00 UTC
Round 5: 2 March 2013, 6 Hours of SO4, 18:00 UTC
Round 6: 6 April 2013, 12 Hours of AS4, 12:00 UTC

Qualifying will be split field, 30 minutes in duration, Group 1 at 19:00 UTC, Group 2 and 19:40 UTC. Pre-Qualifying will run Sunday-Tuesday, 17:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC. NO Pro/Am split, everyone is a GT1 entry, no subdividing!

Formal Announcement sometime this week.

Also Slated for Wintertime festivities:

LX Challenge, using LX6 with 6% air restriction and 21kg ballast. Also will have some specified setup elements, which will be announced with the series. Will consist of 6 meetings with two 30-minute races, giving 12 rounds in total. No Safety Cars will be employed. Two drop rounds.

TBOFR Challenge, using TBO cars and the RAC and FZ5, the latter restricted to be even with the TBOs (PMD9409 has this already worked out ). More details to follow on format.

These two series will run for half of the winter season, one from Nov-Jan, and the other from Jan-Mar. I'm probably going to slot both of them on Sundays.

2013 Kyoto 250: Qualifying on 24 March 2013, Race on 30 March 2013.

Summer will consist of:

LFSCART in it's usual format (races MAY BE SHORTER for some rounds next year after some recent discussion about that)

LFSCART Light in it's former glory (Fridays of LFSCART weekends, FOX, et al)

GT2 World Series will be back for a 3rd season (at least it will be slated for such)

Maybe another series or two mini-series sorta like LX Challenge and TBOFR.

In theory, It could be set up so that the tintop progression is TBOFR -> GT2 -> GT1, and single seater progress is LX -> LFSCART Light -> LFSCART or similar.

I hope to have ALL dates that NDR will use in 2013 booked by the end of this week.
Quote from dekojester :So far, I have assigned dates to GT1 World Series:

Round 1: 17 November 2012, 500km of BL1, 18:00 UTC
Round 2: 15 December 2012, 3 hours of FE3, 18:00 UTC
Round 3: 12 January 2013, 1000km of WE1, 18:00 UTC
Round 4: 2-3 February 2013, 24 Hours of Kyoto International, 15:00 UTC
Round 5: 2 March 2013, 6 Hours of South City Long, 18:00 UTC
Round 6: 6 April 2013, 12 Hours of Aston Historic, 12:00 UTC

Qualifying will be split field, 30 minutes in duration, Group 1 at 19:00 UTC, Group 2 and 19:40 UTC. Pre-Qualifying will run Sunday-Tuesday, 17:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC. NO Pro/Am split, everyone is a GT1 entry, no subdividing!

Main issue is the races are too long and a 24h GT1 only race is retarded. GT2WS Q format is better, and dont see the reason to drop the Pro/Am idea, it works just fine. I also wouldnt really be a fan of the open config being the 24h race, I know from my POV the FPS on that track would be horrible cos of all the extra barriers etc. I guess if its an issue for me it is for others too.
Formal Announcement sometime this week.

Also Slated for Wintertime festivities:

LX Challenge, using LX6 with 6% air restriction and 21kg ballast. Also will have some specified setup elements, which will be announced with the series. Will consist of 6 meetings with two 30-minute races, giving 12 rounds in total. No Safety Cars will be employed. Two drop rounds.
Why break a good car with awful restrictions? You're not trying to balance it to anything, if you want to make it slower ask the Devs to make a lower powered version of the LX6, OH WAIT OMFG, THEY MADE THE LX4!!! Also I dont like the idea of forcing fixed set, but if you are really set on that then if you use the LX4 you can easily make a fixed set that would be fun and work almost everywhere. I guess the LX6 would change more from track to track in terms of whats ideal.

TBOFR Challenge, using TBO cars and the RAC and FZ5, the latter restricted to be even with the TBOs (PMD9409 has this already worked out ). More details to follow on format.
Why try and merge it with 2 cars which are in a different class, you're over complicating it and half the cars wont end up being used anyway. Just keep it simple.

These two series will run for half of the winter season, one from Nov-Jan, and the other from Jan-Mar. I'm probably going to slot both of them on Sundays.

2013 Kyoto 250: Qualifying on 24 March 2013, Race on 30 March 2013.

Summer will consist of:

LFSCART in it's usual format (races MAY BE SHORTER for some rounds next year after some recent discussion about that)
Dunno, the depth of the competition wasn't great this year, definitely was a lack of interest atleast in my team for it.
LFSCART Light in it's former glory (Fridays of LFSCART weekends, FOX, et al)

GT2 World Series will be back for a 3rd season (at least it will be slated for such)
Will see, I hope it isn't overused/overdone. If there isnt much GT2 etc action for a while there may be some life left for a Final season...but who knows. Still seems popular atm.

Maybe another series or two mini-series sorta like LX Challenge and TBOFR.

In theory, It could be set up so that the tintop progression is TBOFR -> GT2 -> GT1, and single seater progress is LX -> LFSCART Light -> LFSCART or similar.

I hope to have ALL dates that NDR will use in 2013 booked by the end of this week.

Replied in bold. I'm happy your trying to carry on with it but no offense but imo some of those idea's are bad at best, and some horrific. I honestly don't think I'd race hardly any of those
The LX thing is replicated of the Caterham Cup or whatever it is. It's what boothy came up with earlier in this thread. The Caterham Cup has all the regulations posted and its easy to c/p into LFS (that's why LX6 is modified a bit. It actually doesn't drive too bad).

The TBOFR was designed over a year ago and is made for slicks. Idea never got serious until now. Basically was made similar to a GT4 European Cup, however when suggested to some they said they'd rather see BTCC format (and boof even suggested a BoP). So everything has been up in the air on it. The cars are nice in that they have different advantages. RB4 is a bit numb still. XRT is about balance, it still has the above average speed and good tire wear. FXO is fast in corners, held up on straights, and somewhat rough on front tires. RAC is light and has great cornering and tire wear, however suffers heavy on straights. FZ5 might be heavy but it handles great now, bit rough on tire wear but you can input things you use on FZ2/3 in order to make it balanced. A simple test at AS2R showed all 5 cars within 1 second of each other.

Obviously there are many things suggested that are new. I'm with some and not with some on others myself (I haven't really cared about LFS lately, like I said TBOFR was suggested a long time ago), but all in all, a test race would settle things out much more. At least then things can be tested and NDR and drivers can see what is the most popular and fun to race.
Interested in TBOFR Hopefully a test race sometime this year?
so TBOFR is slick modded TBO's and RAC FZ5 etc? quite interested to see that pan out, althought quite clearly it works with the FXO XRT and RB4 (like L4S except you guys had the idea earlier than us obviously). So much variety is interesting though.
Also looking forward to GT1ws
Yeah, is it really slickmodded? Could be interesting either way though, i would give it a go.
Deko, I would recommend for GT1WS if your gonna do a 24 hour race make sure it isnt open config because you need more drivers, and if some drivers pc cant handle it then that means less drivers..
Quote from PMD9409 :The TBOFR...Basically was made similar to a GT4 European Cup...A simple test at AS2R showed all 5 cars within 1 second of each other.

Then surely FZ5 will be uncompetitive in track with more corners.
Will maybe is time start an event on 16 or 17 utc? My is time zone +4. I want to participate.
I guess no one here is aware that GT1WS 24h race blocks out MoE 24h.. so.. noe MoE 24h.. Which is absolutely retarded imo, and I'm quite sure most of the community would prefer seeing MoE 24h again rather than doing the GT1ws 24h instead..
Quote from Kid222 :Yeah, is it really slickmodded? Could be interesting either way though, i would give it a go.

Was planned to be yes. Provided more compounds and strategy to keep the cars more competitive.
Quote from N I K I :Then surely FZ5 will be uncompetitive in track with more corners.

It handles better than you think. Was on par with the XRT at BL1. Obvious the track selection wouldn't be just all small tracks for example. Think 3 tracks with many corners, and three with nice straights.
GT1WS opener clashes with the American F1 race.

I'm also wondering how the restricted FZ50 will compare to other cars on tracks that actually have corners.

NDR 2013 Calendar Discussion
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG