The online racing simulator
I went to spain, look what i saw

so? The Scirocco will get a facelift start of 2013, wonder if we get "the old one" before that happens.

@Pablo: The Devs didn't like working in a big team, I guess they didn't like that sort of pressure a normal working person has with deadlines and milestones either. But in this case their "when its done" mentality got a bit out of hand. A normal freelancing artist would never survive (financially) with this sort of development and struggle for perfection.

My whole Bachelor study fits in the time Scawen is fiddling with his tire physics
Quote from Pablo Donoso :The future of any successful venture is to expand and grow, without that it is impossible for anything to advance. I don't understand why LFS has such a great system and doesn't have more people on a programmer's level that are allowed to develop for LFS and distribute the workload amongst each other.

Rome was not built in a day, and it sure as heck wasn't built with 2 or 3 people. In that same sense, LFS as great as it is should consider taking on more developers.

And we can all see what's happened to Rome. Maybe it's not always such a good idea to expand and grow. Advancement can be achieved as long as there's at least one person doing something with a vision and goal. We just need to be more patience. These things should not be forced.
Quote from askoff :And we can all see what's happened to Rome. Maybe it's not always such a good idea to expand and grow. Advancement can be achieved as long as there's at least one person doing something with a vision and goal. We just need to be more patience. These things should not be forced.

yes but any news, progress, reports, anything will be apreciated
lets not think minimalistic, or conservatory, growing, enthusiasm and development, is the words, which means moving forwards
may be it 5% done ? may be 10% done ? may be 90 % ?
we want to know, anything ? and everything
or its, 3% done and they are scaried to tell us, instead they waiting for some meteor, to wipe out the earth, and nobody will find out never about the progress

ok, i just hope, at least, i will try the VW sciroco, 5th Generation in 2025, which is in just 13 years, not so much
But on the positive side, by the time the VW is finally released it'll be a classic.
Does anybody actually know the ins and outs of the V.W deal ? was it exclusive to LFS to be released by them and them only ? Was it V.W that weren't happy, did the deal change and they said it was for closed audiences only and could only go public when the next model came out ?

Personally I still think the team are working hard on LFS, but also feel they are working on other projects, bread and butter so to speak. Maybe LFS 2 ?

Would be nice if there was investment opportunities in the project, but hey ho
I'm pretty sure VW wanted it made for some games convention, then they'd put it in LFS. No money changed hands.
****s sake lol, what about S2 final or S3 release?
devs dont care anymore. just move on
I'm pretty sure they are still working on S3, but are also doing other projects
This thread makes me kind of depressed.

It points out how long it's been since the announcement of both the tire update and the VW. I was just thinking the other night how great it will be having a new car added to LFS. Then with the addition of the new tires, LFS is going to be having a few more years out of me then. I've been playing for about 6-7 years now, so just the alone thought of it makes me all happy inside.

But then, there's people with absolute no hope of it. Quoting that the game is dead, or the devs don't care. If you think, LFS is one of the greatest racing sims out there. That obviously takes some work. Work = caring. I've also noticed, it seems to be the more veteran racers who think like I do about it, and the newer/demo drivers that are pretty much quitting the game because there's not constant progress reports or new content being released.

I don't know, I guess I'm rambling on about something that's probably already been said, but to everyone who is whining and complaining about it, just wait. The next update will most likely bring the new car + tires, and I see it releasing around the remainder of this year, maybe very early next year. That's really not too long to wait.

Anyway, devs, keep up with the work. Don't mind the negative posts on the forums. Just keep what you guys are doing. <3
Quote from krugmander :
But then, there's people with absolute no hope of it. Quoting that the game is dead, or the devs don't care. If you think, LFS is one of the greatest racing sims out there. That obviously takes some work. Work = caring. I've also noticed, it seems to be the more veteran racers who think like I do about it, and the newer/demo drivers that are pretty much quitting the game because there's not constant progress reports or new content being released.<3

im racing in LFS, 9 years, i can say im a veteran, but since scirocco was anounced (Mon, Aug 18th, 2008 23:45), i can not see there anything, but promises ..., ok lets wait till the end of 2012.
Will be there any release, ANYthing ..., or there will be again a report, and a 2013 Happy christmass congratulation
dead game is dead. The devs can't even take 1 minute to say yes the tyres are still being fixed. waste of time.
Quote from edge3147 :dead game is dead. The devs can't even take 1 minute to say yes the tyres are still being fixed. waste of time.

They already have. Several times. But it is a waste of time, because people like you are unable to remember simple things like that.
Alive, game is alive. I can remember all those years I played, nearly 10 by now. Thinking back of S1 demo, the first chicance was closed on the inside, with a barrier and trees inside it. For some reason there was a bug, if you'd crash it on a specific way you could get stuck into it. No damage was done to the cars as there was no damage.

Now in 2012, we got damage, tyre wear, clutch wear, engine wear, more tracks, more cars, better physics, open-tracks, lost of posibilities to even with the current game make it awesome. And yet still everyone is complaining about it being out dated and no more fun.

Well to those, I dare you to set a solid PB on EVERY car track combination, and after that's done, you can say you're bored and done everything LFS has to offer.

I am thinking of trying to drive every possible car track combo to set a PB. I wouldn't even be finished once S3 is released I guess.

I fell in love with LFS, I have loved it ever since, and I still love LFS.
Quote from rockclan :
Well to those, I dare you to set a solid PB on EVERY car track combination, and after that's done, you can say you're bored and done everything LFS has to offer.

Quote from Omar1 :.

Why did you quote that?

You thought it was such a good conclusion?
Quote from rockclan :
I fell in love with LFS, I have loved it ever since, and I still love LFS.

Is the same with me, i'be earn a free s2 and after almost 8 years i'm still playing lfs each day, i dont understand how ppl get bored of lfs when is so much fun race each day on the popular servers...

I'm still playing lfs and i dont think i will quit any time soon
I'm a coward.
Quote from rockclan :Why did you quote that?

You thought it was such a good conclusion?

yes! it gets annoying when people who have been playing only a year are complaining about how it's boring and no updates...
Well, LFS is in my opinion so close to real racing that it simply does not die. Everytime you set off on a LFS session it comes close to real life driving. If you feel it is "dying" then perhaps racing is not for you (you may not even have a racing license irl to compare with). Simply because you are dying as virtual race driver. LFS is not dying, and never will, but you are. It is not your cup of tea, but it is hard to admit?

Many things can be improved in the future LFS but many of the latest complaints suggests racing is out of your scope. Racing can be boring. Racing can be tedious and that is exactly what LFS do so well. Representing tedious work and a feel of irl driving. So, for every grafix-hunters out there, racing is not that shimmering as you might think. It's about driving a car faster that the other fellow.

LFS also reflects a big age-range with younger drivers (naturally) coming in during the last couple of years. Hence, there's a discrepancy of what we think LFS should look and behave like in a near future. Many of the vets accept and prefer a quality development pace while ppl joining after 2008:ish lack in patience and understanding for the current development pace. The simplest advice to give is naturally to propose YOU make a new game better than LFS! And you can, if you are skilled enough, otherwhise, do not make words of unfounded complaints or you look like a fool.
It would nice to hear from developers about when next patch is planed. When I played 5 years ago on demo, patches happened quiet often compared to last 2-3 years. I feel as though it does not matter when the dev's give up and stop working on the LFS. As long as there are servers and people playing the game will be alive.
I just hope that if developers stop working they release SDK tools they use to develop for the game, so others can improve up on it. I never was able to find a game as enjoyable to race in as LFS.
Quote :I just hope that if developers stop working they release SDK tools they use to develop for the game, so others can improve up on it. I never was able to find a game as enjoyable to race in as LFS.

It's good you enjoy LFS as much as many else here. In fact I see your attitude as a very positive one .

The SDK you are requesting is just in front of your eyes. Programming tools and 3D shape tools are just... here! Just start programming!!

I can not understand why you ask for this community to provide the tools when with some skill you CAN complete it yourself. Do we have to hand everything over on a plate these days? Did your granddad ask someone else to save the world from tyrrany? Jeeez.... Sorry to be such an ass... but think about it.. what can you contribute with, except demanding this and that... when today it's a free world and you can accomplish almost anything. Just look at what Scawier did!

No offence, just getting tired of ppl thinking they have the right to demand entertainment without lifting a fiinger...
(don't take it personally s911, just a general statement from me)

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG