The online racing simulator
Unlimited League - Interest Check
(12 posts, started )
Hello,
I am longer time thinking about Unlimited league..
Logic is that there will be server with allowed tweaking and your goal will be to find the balance in speed/number of possible laps in longer races..
I was thinking about all cars allowed, but i am open to suggestions..
Comments are welcomed.

Thanks for your time..
I had a similar idea a while ago (and name it tweakcar or something like that),but somehow I got scared of it and never tried. I have seen how unsmooth cars are traveling when tweaked (saw once XFG doing 500 km/h on oval),it just lags ahead,can't imagine to be in pack with that much laging cars. Not sure if it would be really a case,should try.
Other thing I thought about - in tweak settings you can pretty much customize the size of wheels for demo cars,also making them extremely wide,which would cause some problems - like 2 cars unable to fit side-a-side on track,solution - pit exit restrictor,a gate of bariers with defined width,if you can't go through,car is illegal.

It would have some similarity with oldschool F1,where the cars had so much power,that not everybody could control it,where the champion wasn't only with the fastest car (like it's since mid 90ies),but also with the best skill to actually drive them.
There's a very powerful "tweak" that has been released for a few months now that can do well, a lot (all cars and nearly anything to them). The guy who was working on it was also messing with an insim (modified LFSLapper) that allowed him to control what people can modify.

For example: specific tire sizes, P/W ratios, HP, Weight, and more. It also had a way to modified the heating and cooling of tires on LFS which actually made it great.

If everyone uses the same tweak, no lag.
If everyone is racing with tweaks of similar values (aka limitations), then very little lag.
If everyone is just using whatever, expect lag.
Quote from PMD9409 :There's a very powerful "tweak" that has been released for a few months now

Where can I find it? Would like to play around some time...
Quote from Eclipsed :I had a similar idea a while ago (and name it tweakcar or something like that),but somehow I got scared of it and never tried. I have seen how unsmooth cars are traveling when tweaked (saw once XFG doing 500 km/h on oval),it just lags ahead,can't imagine to be in pack with that much laging cars. Not sure if it would be really a case,should try.
Other thing I thought about - in tweak settings you can pretty much customize the size of wheels for demo cars,also making them extremely wide,which would cause some problems - like 2 cars unable to fit side-a-side on track,solution - pit exit restrictor,a gate of bariers with defined width,if you can't go through,car is illegal.

It would have some similarity with oldschool F1,where the cars had so much power,that not everybody could control it,where the champion wasn't only with the fastest car (like it's since mid 90ies),but also with the best skill to actually drive them.

Yea, good idea about the pit-exit..

Quote from PMD9409 :There's a very powerful "tweak" that has been released for a few months now that can do well, a lot (all cars and nearly anything to them). The guy who was working on it was also messing with an insim (modified LFSLapper) that allowed him to control what people can modify.

For example: specific tire sizes, P/W ratios, HP, Weight, and more. It also had a way to modified the heating and cooling of tires on LFS which actually made it great.

If everyone uses the same tweak, no lag.
If everyone is racing with tweaks of similar values (aka limitations), then very little lag.
If everyone is just using whatever, expect lag.

Thanks for lots of usefull info I think ill give one tweak to all.. Do you have link to tweak that you wrote about?
I want to join this
Quote from Eclipsed :Where can I find it? Would like to play around some time...

Quote from Denny12 :Thanks for lots of usefull info I think ill give one tweak to all.. Do you have link to tweak that you wrote about?

Check your PMs.
BRING IT ON, YOU'LL HAVE YOUR ASS'S HANDED ON A SILVER PLATE.

I'M THE BEST OF THEM ALL.

luls.

I'm in!
PMD can you send Link to tweak ? or maybe Koreny or Rony ?
A league without rules would be interesting
Quote from Speed Senna :A league without rules would be interesting

yeah, having league where the rules are stricted to have no need to finish or even attempt to race or attempt to have anything... no need even to have sign-up needed or having simply anything
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :yeah, having league where the rules are stricted to have no need to finish or even attempt to race or attempt to have anything... no need even to have sign-up needed or having simply anything

I meant just that.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG