The online racing simulator
CityDriving / Cops&Robbers
(134 posts, started )
Download this Real Police Siren sound to experience amazing heat of the police chase!

edit: attached an original horn5.raw if you happen to loose your copy, and attached MP3 preview of the siren sound. Enjoy.

Please go read the official website for this server if you didn't already! It's here: http://www.maxheadroom.nu/Citydriving/
Attached files
HORN5.rar - 238.4 KB - 339 views
HORN5original.rar - 40.4 KB - 241 views
HORN5.mp3 - 114.2 KB - 343 views
Quote from RAYfighter :Download this Real Police Siren sound to experience amazing heat of the police chase!

Can we have a preview please
the not so fun thing bout special horns is: other people cant hear em.
they can but then they need to have the horn 2. and not every1 will download it
please unblock me any hosts
hi could you please unblock me from your server, i'm not sure what i did but i'm sorry anyway and nobody warned me i was doing anything wrong. I really like the area it's the best 1 out there.

harrycase (username on LFS)
Quote from kiss me :the not so fun thing bout special horns is: other people cant hear em.
they can but then they need to have the horn 2. and not every1 will download it

It's horn5 (as stated in server rules to be used by cops - only) and I'm sure everybody will download it, if it will get advertised on the server. Another issue might be the tricky way to this topic, but every diehard fan of Citylife has it already in their subsribed threads!

to spsamsp: I will add an mp3 preview for you to the post above
nice website by the way, just wish everyone would read it first.
New layout rules Max, all the guys who came from other CnR servers says that! Good job.
Quote from RAYfighter :New layout rules Max, all the guys who came from other CnR servers says that! Good job.

thanx, as some of you might know im not alone developing it. Its going to be adjusted though, the H1 exit to gasstation etc.illepall
There are more than just one Citylife CnR servers running today, as you all already might notice. However, as many who visited them say, only
MaxHs CityDriving Cops&robber
offers morons-free friendly environment with respect to simple server rules, frequently being checked by mature admins and even host himself.
Whoever is hosting the other city (with cloudy weather and 15 slots) should know, that it is nice to kindly ask for permission before you simply stole the layout and host it. illepall

Quote from RAYfighter :I've attached the layout file for you to taste.

To taste, read offline testing only. I didn't make the original layout, just suggested few ideas by directly editing it, credits go to Sternendaal and MaxHeadroom. I like to see more Cities online, just suggest you to give some credit to guys who gave their ideas and time to us, so we can play it. If you overlook the basic ethics, you just make yourself look funny.

Ok let's move over, here is a mood picture from the City I prefer to visit

Added Citylife map with important areas. A must for every serious COP!
Attached images
Citylife-police.jpg
Citylife-map1.jpg
Citylife-map2.jpg
I made my own layout, its not quite done yet, its missing road lines and such, its about 420 objects so far (i hope there is enough for roadlines :schwitz

You are free to mod this in any way you want, just name me as the maker of the layout
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Attached files
AU1_CITY.lyt - 3.3 KB - 835 views
hi im thinking about making my own city style autocross layout, but i was just wondering, is there a maximum amount of objects you can place in an autocross layout??i no its a silly question, but im curious
yes, the limit of objects is 512, hopefull we will be able to place 1024
Quote from Zeeall :I made my own layout, its not quite done yet, its missing road lines and such, its about 420 objects so far (i hope there is enough for roadlines :schwitz

You are free to mod this in any way you want, just name me as the maker of the layout

That's cool, but you need some lines... it's kind of hard to understand where to drive right now.

**Layout added to database named city**
hi, ive started work on my own layout, when i had what i thought was quite a good idea. i edited all the dds files i used, so my layout looked mor realistic (police signs, brick walls ect.). ive put some screen shots below, and if anyone can see if theres anything that looks silly, let me know. the layout isnt finished, but when it is ill post it, along with the dds files i edited

edit: the layout is now finished, and ive also posted the dds files as well feel free to give your opinion, but if you edit my work, please still give me credit.
p.s. iv removed the screenshots.
Attached files
AC_uni_sign.dds - 42.8 KB - 406 views
ads5.dds - 42.8 KB - 380 views
ADS8.dds - 42.8 KB - 366 views
AU1_copsandrobbersnew.lyt - 4 KB - 625 views
Quote from Captain Slow :hi, ive started work on my own layout, when i had what i thought was quite a good idea. i edited all the dds files i used, so my layout looked mor realistic (police signs, brick walls ect.). ive put some screen shots below, and if anyone can see if theres anything that looks silly, let me know. the layout isnt finished, but when it is ill post it, along with the dds files i edited

edit: the layout is now finished, and ive also posted the dds files as well feel free to give your opinion, but if you edit my work, please still give me credit.

I tried your layout and also DDS modification (even installed Nvidia dds tools again) and to be honest, I didn't like the layout too much. Maybe because I'm used to different one, too. But when I was trying to drive through your city, I was loosing orientation. Maybe except those neat "building blocks" in the center. Textures are good, inspirating job dude!
yea i understad where your coming from, it is a bit hard to follow at times. i mite actually re-do the layout, and make it more simpler to follow. (tats if theres enough space, as it would of been bigger if it wasnt for the item number restrictions ) its only the first layout iv made tho so ill take it all into cinsideration when i go over the layout again. thanks for feedback
Quote from Captain Slow :yea i understad where your coming from, it is a bit hard to follow at times. i mite actually re-do the layout, and make it more simpler to follow. (tats if theres enough space, as it would of been bigger if it wasnt for the item number restrictions ) its only the first layout iv made tho so ill take it all into cinsideration when i go over the layout again. thanks for feedback

I was thinking about the layout some more, comparing why I like certain parts of MaxHs CityDriving server for example (See "the map" in my post above) when playing it, and why I didn't like similiary planned parts in your city. The major (and maybe the only) problem I could find is the scale. Look from the birdeye view at your car, standing in the street there, and you will see what I'm talking about. That's also the reason people probably get lost there, because they are used to see differently sized road, street, highway, etc... Since there are not realistic buildings available as objects, the only reality you got is the scale.
512 objects limit sucks.

(hope this helps, I'm sad nobody else from all those people playing CnR doesn't even care to share and tell you any good idea they might have. On the other side they are smart enough to silently steal ideas of other people... this is not the way leading anywhere.)
Quote from RAYfighter :There are more than just one Citylife CnR servers running today, as you all already might notice. However, as many who visited them say, only
MaxHs CityDriving Cops&robber
offers morons-free friendly environment with respect to simple server rules, frequently being checked by mature admins and even host himself.
Whoever is hosting the other city (with cloudy weather and 15 slots) should know, that it is nice to kindly ask for permission before you simply stole the layout and host it. illepall

Hey Rayfighter,

For some short time im the moderator of the server City Driving cops and robbers( not MaxH's) and I have to say, we had a total cool game last time because I was on the whole day, I banned like 9 pricks, punishments depending from 1 day to 7 days which was the most. The most common these guys have they or dont respect the rules or commit crimes(Heavy ones like crashing) all the time and just dont seem to drive slow.
The latter one im talking about , I warned them alot of times but they just didnt want to talk, So some of them I banned.

Just want to tell you, im on almost every day and VERY long. I am very strict on abusive names and rule enforcement. Today I had a guy named Satan: So I kicked him, he then came back and apologised and we actually became online mates .

The reason why I am typing this is because MaxH's City Driving isnt the only one to go. Now you can go to Citydriving Cops&Robbers too and expect a mature enviroment where everyone plays on their best enjoyment.

TO EVERYONE:

The CityDriving Cops&Robbers server is a really good server too. You may had bad experiences but now im admin im almost on every day and every hour to ensure you have the 100& playability.

Cya on the server,

Jegor
Quote from Captain Slow :hi, ive started work on my own layout, when i had what i thought was quite a good idea. i edited all the dds files i used, so my layout looked mor realistic (police signs, brick walls ect.). ive put some screen shots below, and if anyone can see if theres anything that looks silly, let me know. the layout isnt finished, but when it is ill post it, along with the dds files i edited

*Layout added to database named Cops and Robbers*
I modded my layout a bit, it got road lines and markers now

I hope you will like version 1.1 better :crown:

lemme know if you want screenshots!

edit, version 1.6 now
Attached files
AU1_CITY_Ver1.6.lyt - 4 KB - 574 views
Quote from jegorchangai :
The reason why I am typing this is because MaxH's City Driving isnt the only one to go. Now you can go to Citydriving Cops&Robbers too and expect a mature enviroment where everyone plays on their best enjoyment.

TO EVERYONE:

The CityDriving Cops&Robbers server is a really good server too. You may had bad experiences but now im admin im almost on every day and every hour to ensure you have the 100& playability.

Cya on the server,

Jegor

That's great to hear! Like I said somewhere already, the more Cities the better. Keep it up man!
Quote from Zeeall :I modded my layout a bit, it got road lines and markers now

edit, version 1.6 now

*Layout added*
Quote from Zeeall :I modded my layout a bit, it got road lines and markers now

edit, version 1.6 now

i really want to see some Screenshots...specialy from the Mod's you made... because i have your layouts saved here since your first one...
I'm gonna put here, a sugestion from another person i can't remember the nick... that sugested in Sileighty's CnR Layout... You should put a gas station or something like that... so the street-racers could gather to race... instead of a lot of parking lots, you could do something like a gas station...

CityDriving / Cops&Robbers
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG