The online racing simulator
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Seriously not impressed by the two monitor ingame images. I know it's in development, but you can achieve that level of detail in other games (laser scanned tracks have been around for a while, even LFS has got one).

Just loaded up LFS, you lied!

But honestly, it has laser scanned tracks (tbh I didn't really care if it did or not but I love that it does), and I really really don't care about the graphics. In the end all I care about is the physics, and I know that's where this will deliver. I also care about those two BMWs that are implemented, which is the main reason I linked to the pictures.
Quote from PMD9409 :Just loaded up LFS, you lied!

But honestly, it has laser scanned tracks (tbh I didn't really care if it did or not but I love that it does), and I really really don't care about the graphics. In the end all I care about is the physics, and I know that's where this will deliver. I also care about those two BMWs that are implemented, which is the main reason I linked to the pictures.

LFS has Rockingham (which I think was laser scanned), only we haven't got it yet.

I'm not sure about the physics. Firstly, because a real simulator is never fun, and I think we've got pretty close to the perfect balance between reality and entertainment with other games. Secondly because there have been very little info posted about that side of the game so far, which in theory is much easier to produce than fluffly retouched renders of obscure cars racing, imho.

For the resources it will consume, it's got the potential to be the most accurate racing sim in history, but I think you'd be setting yourself up for a major disappointment by believing in that.
Laser scanning has almost nothing to do with graphics quality in sim. Laser scanning is mostly scanning the shape of things (the scanner does catch color as well). Even the level of detail is purely limited by the ability of sim's graphics engine to handle lots of ehm stuff...

Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Firstly, because a real simulator is never fun

Get out.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :LFS has Rockingham (which I think was laser scanned), only we haven't got it yet.

I'm not sure about the physics. Firstly, because a real simulator is never fun, and I think we've got pretty close to the perfect balance between reality and entertainment with other games. Secondly because there have been very little info posted about that side of the game so far, which in theory is much easier to produce than fluffly retouched renders of obscure cars racing, imho.

For the resources it will consume, it's got the potential to be the most accurate racing sim in history, but I think you'd be setting yourself up for a major disappointment by believing in that.

Do you know it's backing at all? You know... NKP? The physics are the one thing we are certain will be good. Kunos has had his issues but his chances of ruining his physics engine rather than progressing it is slim to none.
Quote from PMD9409 :Do you know it's backing at all? You know... NKP? The physics are the one thing we are certain will be good. Kunos has had his issues but his chances of ruining his physics engine rather than progressing it is slim to none.

I have heard great things about NK Pro, but never played it. If you think that there's no chance of something going wrong with the game engine while adapting it to AC, then I belive you.

Quote :Get out.

Tell me how you think racing at breakneck speeds, with the car jumping with every bump of the road, and the engine overheating with every late gear change, while having the view of your surroundings skewed by a glass screen with a plastic disk for a wheel constitutes fun for you.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Tell me how you think racing at breakneck speeds, with the car jumping with every bump of the road, and the engine overheating with every late gear change, while having the view of your surroundings skewed by a glass screen with a plastic disk for a wheel constitutes fun for you.

I think I would absolutely love it. I like the dynamic road surfaces in rf2. I like transmission damage and overheating in sims. Weather is awesome fun. Night racing not so much. Flatspotting tires improves any sim. Complex damage model is pure awesomeness.

That being said I also like 100% equal cars, equal "budgets", 0 second time it takes to make a setup adjustment, unlimited tires and cars and the possibility to drive, race and practise all these things as much as I want. I like running in the rain when I want and not just when it rains. I like visor dirt but I'm not too keen on getting various types of visor shades so I can and have to pick the perfect one for each conditions.

Forza4 and gt5 are good fun but imho it only gets better the more realistic it gets.
Those last two pictures look pretty fine to me. Sure it will look a damn sight better with actual ingame shots, especially when the game is released.

Really liking this sofar.
Quote :Assetto Corsa will be powered by a brand new DirectX 11 graphics engine and will come with advanced features such as blur & DOF

Advanced features that's so laughable right there.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :
Tell me how you think racing at breakneck speeds, with the car jumping with every bump of the road, and the engine overheating with every late gear change, while having the view of your surroundings skewed by a glass screen with a plastic disk for a wheel constitutes fun for you.

Lets just turn that around,

If that's not your idea of fun, I'm not sure that sims are the software choice for you..
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Tell me how you think racing at breakneck speeds, with the car jumping with every bump of the road, and the engine overheating with every late gear change, while having the view of your surroundings skewed by a glass screen with a plastic disk for a wheel constitutes fun for you.

... How is that not fun?

Quote from The Moose :
If that's not your idea of fun, I'm not sure that sims are the software choice for you..

+1

You are in wrong forums obviously Yuri
Quote from -NightFly- :+1

You are in wrong forums obviously Yuri

I figured that out after all the Dolan crap first surfaced.
Test Driver: That avatar!

AC will be the first game i will buy on launch day.
I think im going to delay buying rF2
dat ass.
Seriously hyped for this.. although i never did try NKP.

Some good new info in that even if it's centred mostly on Lotus.
Quote from troy :Some good new info in that even if it's centred mostly on Lotus.

Glad you liked it. As a Lotus owner who's been lucky enough to drive quite a few of the road car featured in the title and writing for a Lotus site the focus for the first few questions was on their relationship with Lotus and how they'd be featuring in the game, but I think there is some good general information in there.

The developers have also answered some of our user questions in the forums, seem like good guys and can't wait to try the game and see how it stacks up against titles like LFS.

Edit: Wow, just realised I've been a member for 9 years and that's my first post!

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG