The online racing simulator
Any Physically Good Racing Game on Android ?
(32 posts, started )
Recently got a really busy job and keep traveling around or staying up late in the office, far away from gaming PCs or consoles. My Android phone has became the most important tool for entertainment.

It's pretty easy to find arcade racing titles on the Google Play market, but I'm wondering if there are any sims worth playing. Recommendations ?
Real Racing 1 + 2 or Race of Champions are probably the only 'sim' type games on Android.
Real Racing is not so real.. . I find GT Racing much better. (physics wise)
They should port LFS...with both direction and accel/brake controlled wiht the gyro.
Yeah, I reckon LFS would run fine on the top-end smartphones.

WANT.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yeah, I reckon LFS would run fine on the top-end smartphones.

WANT.

especially older versions... graphically speaking.
Drag racing is a nice time killer, I found that quite fun. It gets harder if you can't access WLAN/WiFi, since you need money and respect points for the upgrades.

But I can recommend it, it's a nice way to kill time.
Offroad legends isn't really a racing simulator, but it's customizable, and has amazing graphics.
I can definitely say if I had LFS and Minecraft on my phone, I would not get anything else done!

Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Offroad legends isn't really a racing simulator, but it's customizable, and has amazing graphics.

I just gave this a go, definitely looks pretty nice, runs a liiitle slowly on my HTC One, but it's a lower end model.
Too bad that my low-end phone doesn't seem to like the ROC app. The market says "This item is not compatible with your device." :'-(

I can see Real Racing 2 on the market, but no 1. Is it removed ?

When I try to download GT Racing MA the market shows "This Item Cannot Be Installed In Your Device's Country"... :'-( Googling for APK now.
Jet Car Stunts actually has some half-decent physics, and is quite a bit of fun as a time-waster.
got offroad legends some time ago, but earning cash is the hard part D:

just downloading race of champions, missed that one...screenshots sure look nice...hopefully the driving is as well
Quote from Michael Denham :I can definitely say if I had LFS and Minecraft on my phone, I would not get anything else done!

You already can have minecraft
yep minecraft has been out on android for a long time...
sidenote...did dl ROC and...yep...freezes my phone.
that is on a SGS2 with ICS.
badly coded id say.

any more?
Maybe not the best looking: https://play.google.com/store/ ... d=com.byrosoft.bbrallypro

There was a beta of tricky truck released in the forums of that creator, but he took it offline and says he wont release it cause of the new game he's working on.
If you have a iphone/ipad you can find it here: http://itunes.apple.com/hu/app/tricky-truck/id494777976?mt=8

And its available on pc also at http://www.gravitysensation.com/trickytruck/

Maybe not a "racing" game, but still kind of fun with ok physics: https://play.google.com/store/ ... m.ratrodstudio.driftmania
Quote from notredame :trickytruck

My God I want to punch a wall every time I see that game's name.
Whilst Real Racing 2 is a very good game, it isn't quite a simulator as you only start to slide at x angle and x speed plus I can't seem to totally spin my car. I don't think I can feel much understeer in the FWD cars either (I'll need to test when I get time) and sometimes crash physics are a bit weird. GT Racing physics feel more dynamic as well as being able to spin your car and feel understeer but it has already been said that it couldn't be downloaded (besides that will eat up your cash as a lot of the cars can only be bought with real money)

Real Racing 2 is still a must have racing game, thanks its diverse career mode and 16 AIs though I haven't yet went online on it.

I've also got Sports Car Challenge on my iPhone which is also on Android and is free. Featuring a selection of VAG cars, 3 tracks and amazing graphics. However there is only time trial, slalom and brake test modes so far and I can't say the physics are that good. I'm sure they will add more content at some point - might see more cars/tracks/other features
sucks to live in the land of cencorship lol
Quote from Sobis :What's wrong with Tricky Truck?

Must be too hard for him (joking). I play TT every day, and I don't get tired, is a shame archee abandoned its port to android...

The only car game I played on mobile was drag racing. Fun until it gets too hard to win online and you realize how repetitive is.
Quote from Sobis :What's wrong with Tricky Truck?

The controls are just awful.
The leaderboards have the same people for each track, somehow.
All the highly rated tracks are nearly impossible to finish.
The game used to have all the cars unlocked, now it cost 9 dollars.
The iPhone game has an undo button, for whatever reason.

The game has great physics, which makes me play it, but the sheer difficult aspect of it makes me want to punch kittens. :evil:
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :The controls are just awful.
The leaderboards have the same people for each track, somehow.
All the highly rated tracks are nearly impossible to finish.
The game used to have all the cars unlocked, now it cost 9 dollars.
The iPhone game has an undo button, for whatever reason.

The game has great physics, which makes me play it, but the sheer difficult aspect of it makes me want to punch kittens. :evil:

It's meant to be difficult. You just suck at it.
Sports car challenge is okay physics wise. Graphically in the showroom it's probably the best out.
I really like the Reckless Racing games. Top-down view, but I like the way they feel to play.
You might want to wait for this, actually:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmkYHZpel3Y
(I'm sure it won't be as shift like as depicted in the trailer - hopefully. Seems to be only a dub (beginning sounds like a Zonda R, not a GT3 RS)

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG