The online racing simulator
German GP thread. [spoilers]
(83 posts, started )
Update:

Button is slowly catching up to alonso.
Schumacher going for the late explosion?
Caterham wtf lol?
Kobayashi might be able to catch Kimi before the end, Expect Schumacher to fly at these guys though if the tyres start to fade.
Hamilton out of the race.
5 laps left:
Vettel moves up into 2nd.

Edit: Vettel was off the circuit when he passed button. Is that a penalty?
Did Vettel overtake whilst being off the track, is that allowed?
Shouldnt be allowed, we will see. Fantastic race!
Time penalty incoming ->
Final Results

General racing sense tells me that he went long way round, I thought it was a good move.

P.S. Fernando is faster than your DRS.
#38 - CSF
Clear penalty for Seb surely, made no effort to stay on the track. Knowing Red Bull they will get away with it.
Vettel and button were just having a little chat and vettel said "I didn't know if you were inside so I left a little bit of space and kept going."
Alonso, Schumacher Ferrari Era V2?
Track limit infridgements have been a problem in European single seater racing for a little while now. I'm glad the stewards have at least decided to open an investigation. No matter the results, it at least gives a small signal to everyone.

Anyway, I'd say just put a good old gravel trap there, and it will kill all sort of controversy... I understand that it would represent a safety issue in many corners, but come on, this incident happened at the exit of a 60 kph hairpin.
It most defenetially will not be penalized. Have a look at the replay of Kubica vs Massa back in Fuji 07 for example, Kimi's start at Spa in Ferrari or Hamilton's pass on Rosberg in this years Bahrain GP.
Imho, racing incident. Hard to say whether Vettel went wide on purpose or if he really just wanted to leave extra room.

Hamilton's overtake was perfectly ok. He was clearly faster than Vettel and unlapping is not forbidden.

Too bad for Kimi's poor quali. Maybe not winner car in this race but at least very close.
Quote from N I K I :Hamilton's pass on Rosberg in this years Bahrain GP.

Quote from http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=362291#p362291 :The revised rules state since Bahrain that overtakes committed/completed off the track will be given a drive thru penalty or post race be given a timed penalty (equivelant to a drive thru penalty or 25 second penalty).

Vettel went off on purpose, Button left the room and Vettel still went outside.

It's widely known that the outside there is grippy as hell, the fact Button didn't even know for sure if Vettel passed him out of the circuit on the radio suggests entirely that there was enough room for him on the outside without even looking at any replay.

Vettel was going to go outside whether he was forced there or not and he knows it. Vettel proved how shit he is, but how his lack of talent in relation to the other drivers isn't penalised in modern F1 by the fact that he kept going of the road but not losing any time.
#46 - CSF
Quote from N I K I :It most defenetially will not be penalized. Have a look at the replay of Kubica vs Massa back in Fuji 07 for example, Kimi's start at Spa in Ferrari or Hamilton's pass on Rosberg in this years Bahrain GP.

In both of those instances the other driver forcibly pushed the other one off, infact there was actually a bit of a touch between Kubica and Massa. Seb made no attempt to exit the corner in a normal manner. The example used there should be all the drivers being warned about t1 at Spa, after Kimi used the long run off to effectively win the 2009 Belgian Grand Prix.
Well the revised rule is not making much sense. He extended the track, not cutted it and surely if there wasn't the tarmac area Button would have left enough room for both of the cars on the exit, so furthermore the revised rule isn't making sense when you take in account the attitude how drivers defend when there is a tarmac area and when they're obligated to leave room. We really don't need rules that will sterilize racing.
I mean in relation to Kimi at Spa aswell it might be that in these instances both Seb and Kimi EXCPECTED to be forced off the road, but that doesn't invalidate the fact they drove off the track and made no attempt to drive on the track.
#49 - CSF
Quote from N I K I :Well the revised rule is not making much sense. He extended the track, not cutted it and surely if there wasn't the tarmac area Button would have left enough room for both of the cars on the exit, so furthermore the revised rule isn't making sense when you take in account the attitude how drivers defend when there is a tarmac area and when they're obligated to leave room. We really don't need rules that will sterilize racing.

Exactly, he extended it in a traction zone, which gave him the advantage. In 2003 the stewards were looking into giving Schumacher a penalty for doing the same thing with Trulli at that corner, but after he got a puncture as a result of going over there and lost a lap he didn't get anything. Ironically, if Seb gets a penalty, he would finish in the same place Michael did on that day.
He can argue that Button extended his traction zone as well taking the normal racing line on the exit, instead of giving him room, on smooth asphalt, not on dodgy painted curb and commercial on extended part of track.

German GP thread. [spoilers]
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG