Both
TBOC
Events
STD Racing
Continue as-is
Rallycross League
PCC
Other (Post any ideas below please)
Road car league, gives epic racing when it's done right! GT stuff is dull an has been for a while now, atleast for me...
For the record, just because we are considering and likely to do a GT1WS does NOT at all imply that we will not consider another major league to companion it. It's fine to us to run two major leagues at the same time, see LFSCART and GT2WS.

I will be discussing with Wilko how he would like to amend his TBO Challenge idea to allow for more of a variety of racing.

NDR is not objecting to doing new things, but doing new things because of a said demand doesn't always translate into an actual demand. Talk is cheap, action is another.

And please, for the love of God, stop blaming the Dev's for your boredom. It's not their fault you forgot what actual racing is - the last years has been a pure failure of the natural system of giving the newcomers some goal and some role models to look up to like most of you had when you started out. When you "get bored" and stop racing, then they just "race" as well and have no challenge to keep them involved.

No two races are ever the same. Get off your hotlapping M.O. and remember what real racing is about!
#78 - CSF
Quote from dekojester :
And please, for the love of God, stop blaming the Dev's for your boredom. It's not their fault you forgot what actual racing is - the last years has been a pure failure of the natural system of giving the newcomers some goal and some role models to look up to like most of you had when you started out. When you "get bored" and stop racing, then they just "race" as well and have no challenge to keep them involved.

No two races are ever the same. Get off your hotlapping M.O. and remember what real racing is about!

That isn't true at all. I'm pretty sure we could simulate the current LFS with the same drivers twice and get similar results. The problem with GTR's is that we have the same god damn patch with the same god damn faults all the ****ing time so we get used to the faults and work around them, hence why we have less interesting racing, because the better people will always work around it. It's simple, the current physics have been used for 5 years and quite honestly everyone who has come and gone from LFS has mastered them, especially in GTR because that has been the same since 2007.

The "newbies" are now the best, will you blame them in 2 years if they aren't interested in the same old shit?
I dare claim it's generally not physics but content. It is isn't it? It's the way the devs apply an unconventional strategy in terms of releasing their game.

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone but generally what you see is a publisher releasing a game. (This is another quirk of LFS, it's released by the developer. Which subjects the developer to an incredible amount of unwanted attention.) Then after the sales settle down you release an expansion pack. Then another. After a while you release all of them expansion packs together. At this point the game should have yield profit since now the game dies unless it can provide retro value in the future. This is the proven strategy game houses use and frankly what gamers have got used to.

TL;DR gamers want content. Gamers are used to getting content. If gamers don't get the content they expect they aren't content with the content. This is something the Devs should have contentplated before entering this vicious downward circle. Releasing a game is not a black art, it's ****ing science. And if you have the time to develop an indie game you should have the time to read just one research paper on game marketing.
#80 - CSF
Yeah that's a point, if LFS had something new car wise at this juncture then a lot of folk would be happy, but instead we await some magical update that's more than likely pie in the sky now.
Funny how a thread discussing what events drivers would like to see out of NDR has turned into a thread about what drivers would like to see out of LFS
#82 - CSF
Thing is in many respects the two are intertwined. The more people playing LFS the more people who take part in varied NDR events.
We can race backwards
Yes content would be very nice. However how much do we race tracks like AS1, AS2R, FE1, FE2, and the other smaller tracks? Not at all, and the point of a road car league is to bring those tracks back to life and re-energize some people. Most are used to the GTRs by now and they get boring and sterile because it is the same thing all over again.
Agree with phil! Bring road car league!
Also, dont run races on Saturdays.. People are out getting drunk or w/e on those days Sundays ftw!
Quote from kart-36 :Agree with phil! Bring road car league!
Also, dont run races on Saturdays.. People are out getting drunk or w/e on those days Sundays ftw!

I agree with both your points. A road car league would be great indeed. Even endurance-like races.

And since I'm usually not at home on Saturdays, I'd also prefer Sundays
Part of the reason races get run on Saturdays instead of Sundays is so there's no worry about the eastern Europeans needing to get to bed before work, and so any of our friends from a land down under who might wish to participate can.
Quote from kart-36 :Agree with phil! Bring road car league!

Like you are when you made this post on a Saturday, yeah?

I dont agree with Phil about the tracks. I think the tracks that are used in GTR leagues are suitable for the roadcars aswell. If you use those tracks it will be more of a wreckfest than what most likely it would already be on a normal track. I think the different cars will already be something good, because the "traditional tracks"(KY2/3, AS4/5, SO4/R SO5/R) arent so overdriven and boring anyway, you dont need to add the extra gimmick of a shit track thats not suitable for 30 car racing. Either something like apex cup(unless its coming back, which I doubt it is - I guess Joe can confirm when he gets back from throwing up in a toilet with his boyfriend holding his barbie blonde hair back) and actually make it something all round not just road cars(just because) or choose like XRT or LX4 and do a whole season with those, imo.

Saturdays would be better for me, but I would have to say from what I can tell Sunday is probably a better day for a turn out for the races etc.
or that
#91 - troy
Well, in theory we had something like the Roadcar Endurance planned (together with Phil and some other people) rules are written, basic calendar is set but then our team internal creative people vanished together with a proper logo for the whole thing so it never really got off the ground.

If anyone feels like helping us out with one we may finally get this going.
Who is "us"?
#93 - troy
The people man the people!

On a serious note some Concept Racing guys and the usual suspects, Phil, DWB, boothy, CSF at least thats the ones I remember posting in our forum.
Doubt I can do much but I can help if you can think of something, if theres something you want drop a PM or ask Fat American to ask me or smth
I just want freaking Junior Fox but the problem is no one can arrange it and I do not want lol

Also I want to see 48 hour endurances... It should be the king of events
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I just want freaking Junior Fox but the problem is no one can arrange it and I do not want lol

Also I want to see 48 hour endurances... It should be the king of events

if i am right it isnt possible. LFS jsut let you race 27hours.
Don't know if LFS let's you race,but in lobby there is deffinitely an option to set race 48h long...
The option is there but its never been seriously talked about. Having people dedicate that much time to something is a bit over the top. Friday to Sunday night for example, who is really going to dedicate that time? 10-20 people max?
Saw the NDR.250 Server back up, is it already that time of the year?
It never went down :P It would almost be that time of year (the race always takes place in late March) so I might see if there's people able to help me run and broadcast it.

For Drivers: What do you want?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG