Both
TBOC
Events
STD Racing
Continue as-is
Rallycross League
PCC
Other (Post any ideas below please)
GT0 with FIA GT style races sounds cool. But I'd advise to either run it after GT3 European Cup rules (Two Qualifyings, Q1 for Race 1, Q2 for Race 2, both races full points) or shortened. (2 Qualifyings, combined time makes grid 1 Race, full points) instead of the real format (3 F1 Style Qualifyings, Qualifying Race, Championship race)
Yeah, no reason to get all complicated with it. We can make it much easier (to a point to where its not even FIA GT1 anymore ).

*Pre-Qual (both drivers needed / average taken)
**Q1 - Driver 1
**Q2 - Driver 2
*** Race 1 (Q race) Points: 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 etc
****Race 2 (Champ race) Points: 25, 18, 15, 12 , 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, 0 etc

*Only used if an overload of signups
**Can be done on two different servers at the same time to decrease total time of event.
***Grid is set by average of Driver 1 and 2 from each team.
****Grid set by finish of Q race.

Both Q and Champ race are 1 hour long. Both have a mandatory pitstop happening between 25-35 minutes, 4 tire change mandatory.

That keeps it pretty much the same. I don't like the idea of success ballast in fast cars. LFS' inertia physics can't handle it well IMO. This is just how I would like to see it done. Quickest and cleanest way (would still take roughly 2h 45m), and it should provide some good racing.
+1 I think this works well phil.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, no reason to get all complicated with it. We can make it much easier (to a point to where its not even FIA GT1 anymore ).

*Pre-Qual (both drivers needed / average taken)
**Q1 - Driver 1
**Q2 - Driver 2
*** Race 1 (Q race) Points: 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 etc
****Race 2 (Champ race) Points: 25, 18, 15, 12 , 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, 0 etc

*Only used if an overload of signups
**Can be done on two different servers at the same time to decrease total time of event.
***Grid is set by average of Driver 1 and 2 from each team.
****Grid set by finish of Q race.

Both Q and Champ race are 1 hour long. Both have a mandatory pitstop happening between 25-35 minutes, 4 tire change mandatory.

That keeps it pretty much the same. I don't like the idea of success ballast in fast cars. LFS' inertia physics can't handle it well IMO. This is just how I would like to see it done. Quickest and cleanest way (would still take roughly 2h 45m), and it should provide some good racing.

For those who don't know what FIA GT1 is (at least in Germany it is not covered regulary)
Pre-Qualifying http://www.dailymotion.com/vid ... i-qualifying-session_auto
Qualifying Race http://www.dailymotion.com/vid ... habi-qualifying-race_auto
Championship Race http://www.dailymotion.com/vid ... bi-championship-race_auto
Quote from HEY PHIL :Both Q and Champ race are 1 hour long. Both have a mandatory pitstop happening between 25-35 minutes, 4 tire change mandatory.

And driver change I presume?
If we want to base it closely to the real series then yes.
#57 - CSF
jabba
yes please @ GT1
\o/
Hey guys. Didn't really want to create another thread so just going to ask here.

Do you guys like the idea to run a road series in the winter instead of another GTR series? Also, sprints (<30min, multiple races, 1 driver), average length (45-90min, 1 driver) or team/endu (3-6+ hours, teams)?

I'd just like to see some opinions from the drivers because obviously the devs aren't really helping us with progressing LFS any further so we need some creativity in the league department to keep any form of motivation.

Please discuss or just leave your thoughts etc.
I personally would have more motivation for road cars than GTR's. I just dont get the same kick out of GTR's anymore - and I've enjoyed the driving I've done recently in the road cars. Dunno if I'd race either way, but I'd be more likely to want to if it was road cars
Quote from IsaacPrice :I personally would have more motivation for road cars than GTR's. I just dont get the same kick out of GTR's anymore - and I've enjoyed the driving I've done recently in the road cars. Dunno if I'd race either way, but I'd be more likely to want to if it was road cars

Ditto.

GTRs are getting a bit stale for me at this point, have to say. A new challenge would be nice.
Maybe this idea sounds silly but some sort of short tag team racing?

Lets say

4 drivers per car
20 lap limits 4-6 for each driver
Close car class / one car for all like VWS
Short track configurations like AS1 or SO2/SO3 which doesnt require a full field. Maybe not SO3 as its impossible to overtake there or run UF1 there..

No need for big preparation beforehand and it could be more fun oriented?
That might be a bit extreme but I understand what you are talking about.

With the smaller tracks, I agree. When switching to road cars at least we have the choice of more tracks, and in that comes short tracks.
#64 - CSF
Or maybe we have to finally accept that LFS is over and move on to pastures new?
LX6 @ FE1, SO3, and AS2

Hope you like wheelspin.
Quote from CSF :Or maybe we have to finally accept that LFS is over and move on to pastures new?

Maybe if there were anywhere worthwhile to move...
Quote from dekojester :

Winter Series:

DEFINITE: 6th Annual Kyoto 250 on it's usual end of March time frame.

LIKELY - GT1 World Series (FZR 1%/15kg, XRR, FXR) - Endurance races: 3h, 6h, 12h, 24h, 500km, 1000km (one of each).

So much for that.
Good luck filling a grid for the GT1WS...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Good luck filling a grid for the GT1WS...

Well we already know a few teams who were very disappointed that there was no IGTC so it's not that dismal of an idea.....
LFS World Championship

Include alot of different cars and tracks and include the biggest races of the year from around NDR or even other organizations if they would allow and NDR sees fit (don't run it, just award points for other organization's races). Include the KY500 or 250 if you don't want to take from LFSCART for some reason, and a rallycross event along with open wheelers, road cars, and maybe even a karting race on road courses. Include single driver events along with endurance events. Run it over the course of the full NDR year.

NDR's the only organization that I think could make such a thing possible

Edit: And I might be a little crazy, but this would be great for LFS and bring us all together for something through-out the year (around 15-20 times)

I don't understand why people are so pessimistic and negative, you are bored of LFS we get it, doesnt necessarily mean its popular opinion. Sure you've web around since the dawn of time and have seen it all ad done it all, but I have never competed in GT1 at top level and without a top league I never will. I believe there will be equal demand for GT1 as the sister series. I like the idea of Pro and Am series which I think had proved successful this year so maybe we should stick with that.

It shouldn't be a problem, Dom's GT1 league had 20 cars in grid even on tuesdays.
Quote from TexasLTU :It shouldn't be a problem, Dom's GT1 league had 20 cars in grid even on tuesdays.

but, for a full grid in a team endurance you need twice as many drivers so you need roughly 3 times more drivers, bare minimum
Quote from IsaacPrice :but, for a full grid in a team endurance you need twice as many drivers so you need roughly 3 times more drivers, bare minimum

Yep...

For Drivers: What do you want?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG