The online racing simulator
SpeedServers NGT Championship 2012
(108 posts, closed, started )
guys, their are a lot of people who have just read the confirm pm and no reply. You will not be sent the server info for the race if you don't reply. If you cant race please reply to it saying that you can't come. Thanks.
If you withdraw then Please state that as well
Team: Master Team Drivers Zero X-treme
Race Number: 121
Nationality: Finland
Do we have to announce the car we will use before the race? I'll be using the UFR in all races.
Ok, Thanks.
And if you have announced that you are using one car for the test round then you MAY change it for the first official round. But after that you may not.
I read on the rules that we have to be on a TS channel to receive race commands. Will that TS channel info arrive with the server info before the race? I'd like to have that configured beforehand.
Ye sorry the ip is: ts.ident-racing.net
Rule's & Regulations Updated
3.10.9.1.1. - Changed slightly
1.3 - Changed
comeon guys!! we need more racers!!!
Race Number: 00
Team: SAVAGE SimSports
Nationality: Czech Republic
Can we send protests using lfsforum private messages? I'd rather use that instead of regular email.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Can we send protests using lfsforum private messages? I'd rather use that instead of regular email.

I think it will not be problem...
Also I wanted to say you sorry about the 10sec penalty, i hope it will be deleted, cose it was really unfair for your site...
-
(Jonathon.provost) DELETED by Jonathon.provost
No sorry, you must send protests by email as my pm box of almost full and my email enters the protests into a database.
I you protest it I will take a look
Protest sent. It's a race incident.

But I would like to discuss the policy used on issuing penalties, as that is not subject for protest, as it has nothing to do with race incidents.

I received two penalties in the race, which I'm ok with. I don't like -and I'm not used to- using safety cars and all that realistic stuff, so it's no wonder I ended up messing it up a couple of times. But my second penalty was a +10 seconds penalty. I don't know exactly when I received that penalty because I don't see server admin chat messages in the replay, but I think it was something like halfway, about 30 minutes into the race. At that moment I knew that I had absolutely no chance of winning. My only chance was to end 10 seconds ahead of the second driver, but having had already three safety cars in 30 minutes, it was virtually impossible to gain a 10 seconds advantage. I knew that there would be more safety cars and my lead would be cut down to nothing again.

In the end, we had another safety car with 5 minutes remaining, and that was it, the end to my race. I finished 1st after the safety car, but my final position is 5th because of the +10 seconds penalty.

The thing is, you *never* issue a time penalty when there are more than 3 laps remaining in the race. With so much time left, you should issue a DT for a light penalty, and a S&G for a harsh one.

Even though +10 seconds is less than what you lose during a DT, what's the point when there are safety cars deployed constantly and it's impossible to build up a gap to the cars behind you? You should think about that.

Also. You added an extra lap after the race time had finished and announced it when I was about to cross the finish line. I released the gas pedal and was already slowing down when I realized there was another lap left and cars behind me were still racing. What's the point of that? The race should have finished with the safety car deployed. Adding a last sprint lap is just calling for people to go crazy and try to win in the last lap what they couldn't in one hour. That's just calling for accidents.

I have to say that I had fun. It had been years since my last competitive LFS race, and although the grid was quite small, it was fun racing. But maybe you should keep it a little simpler. Making things so complicated sometimes goes against the fun.

Btw, safety cars totally killed tire temperatures, and it was dangerous to try and warm them up. People were following the car in front of them way too close. I got bumped several times by the car behind me during the last safety car period.
Hi, thanks for that I will take that into consideration. The point of a safety car is to slow the field down to a safe speed. I will be watching in the next races about the distane between cars. The extra lap was admins final decition and that was determaned pre Race we are sorry that we did not announce it.

Your penalty will also be removed. We thought tht a dt would be to harsh but then again we admit that it was the wrong decition.

Also this is a note to all, if the sc is out or coming in with 20 or so secs left a extra lap will be added.

Official results will be out on Wednesday hopefully
:woohoo:
Round "1" - Race Director Report
Round 1 - South City Long Rev - 1 Hour

Warnigns
#21 - Causing a avoidable incident

Penalty's
Point
#99 - 5 Points - Causing a avoidable incident

Result
#101 - Disqualified - Driving standard's

Next Race
#00 - Drive through - Not slowing for Yellow Flags
#44 - Drive Through - Substitute for 10 sec penalty after admin decision.

All points now updated.

Driver's Championship

Team's Championship
Oh damn!!! I forgot to actually entry on R1 ... Must be on R2

and btw, MTDZX and Master Team Drivers Zero X-treme are same
No, The "first" round was deemed as a test round so this is the first official point scoring round. Thanks.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Real Name: Hermanni Peura
Team: Master Team Drivers Zero X-treme
Race Number: 121
Nationality: Finland

EDIT:

Car: XF GTR
Quote from Jonathon.provost :No, The "first" round was deemed as a test round so this is the first official point scoring round. Thanks.

yea yea R1. I purposelly skipped on R0 because impossible to join that race
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :EDIT:

Car: XF GTR

Updated,
Also note to all, any CHANGES to car now is allowed but changing cars wipes your current points.
i like the table.
but i change my team and i edit my sing up post.so pls edit that...
evrthyng else is
but 2 hours driving on FE is little hard ? 1 hour for me its enought...
I'm not in this for the points or prizes, in fact I probably won't be participating again until the next one hour race - 2 hours is too much for me. But I have to say that there's an apparent lack of transparency on the rules, penalties and scores:
  • What are those "pit entry" penalties?
  • Why is there no mention to the scoring system used in the rules?
  • Why does car #45 have the highest subtotal score if he finished 4th?
  • Why does car #00 not appear in the drivers table and has no points?
1. Pit entry means that they have crossed the pit entrance line, not allowed
2. Denny12 has control of the points
3. #45's penalty was removed but he does have a dt for next round as a substitute he is classified as 1st
4. #00 - I must of missed him, sorry
This thread is closed

SpeedServers NGT Championship 2012
(108 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG