The online racing simulator
which headphones
(24 posts, started )
which headphones
earplugs or big headphones
Big headphones, better sound quality and comfort.
depends on application...
for jogging, for gaming, for walking...or ???
Genius HS-02B. The most comfortable headset I ever had, they weight next to nothing, you can wear them the whole day and your ears wont get hot or even hurt, most of the time you dont even feel them.
Sound quality is tolerable, very much enough for skype, TS/mumble, watching movies and playing games.
Quality is pretty good for such cheap headphones, not one pair I had died on me, I buy myself a new pair every year nevertheless just because plastic get loose and I prefer to have a tighter grip on the head, I can afford that for that kind of price.

Sennheiser HD555. Second most comfortable headphones I ever had, great sound quality for music, movies and gaming.
Earpads are big enough to fit a whole ear inside, weight noticeable more than previous headset but sit tight on a head.
You can wear them a whole day without burning or hurting your ear/head or creating sauna around your ears.
Standard issue for this model is cracking on the earcups where bridge connects, its not a problem as the cracks doesn't develops any further, right under the plastic in place cracks appearing there is another pair of screws which actually holds everything so this cracks while common problem and can go for 1-2cm are not really an issue (have those on my HD's for two years already without them developing any further.)

Either of those are better sounding and more comfortable than earbuds, if you place comfort over sound quality and looking for cheap good headset, go for genius, if you value sound quality and can afford them go for HD's
Sennheiser HD 598. I'll propably get a pair myself as a backup for my HD 650's at some point.

For monitoring: DT-100s.

For everything else: Whatever buds are most convenient.
up to 10 USD
I think you forgot to add another 0 on to that.
You're going to get the worst piece of crap radioshack headphones for $10 USD that won't sound any better than your phone. Decent headphones start at around 8-10 times that and go up from there.

It's still a hell of a lot cheaper than speakers, and I actually prefer the sound of headphones.

Quote from gagemr :Not everybody has $700 to burn on headphones. I've been using a $30 headset from Walmart for the last 2 years with no problems.

My guess is you've never heard a decent pair of headphones.
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Forbin
While I generally approve of people being aspirational in their approach to audio reproduction, I've observed that very expensive reproduction equipment is often bought to accurately render recordings which were destroyed during mastering by some bollock-head somewhere and will never sound good no matter how much you spend on your stereo.

Also those Grado headphones are bad if you're going to use them in public due to being open-backed - you'll piss off everybody on the bus with those. And they do not have anything like a flat response. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily, but don't let snobs tell you that you should buy the headwear equivalent of reference monitors and then show you a picture of some fashionable Grados.
If you're going for in ear, then go for these.
Sony MDR EX-50. I bought them for £20 quite a while ago now, and they're very comfortable, dont leak, and really cancel out noise when you're playing music. Also DAT BASS, its sexy, specially with windows 7 ultimate bass boost. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-M ... qid=1342115351&sr=8-5
I'm always very skeptical of the sound quality of "gaming" headphones. I see a lot of gimmicks and not much emphasis on sound quality.
I receive infraction from scawen, so i cant open new threads.
just want ask what is daily optimum for playing LFS to be fastest I can?
if i play too much im too tired
if i play too notheing im too slow
If you're going cheap, for the quality, use ear-covering headphones. They don't like to fall out and they generally last longer (for me anyways)
Quote from Forbin :I'm always very skeptical of the sound quality of "gaming" headphones. I see a lot of gimmicks and not much emphasis on sound quality.

Generally they sound like crap in relation to the cost.

And.. illuminated headphones, really, REALLY? ಠ_ಠ

which headphones
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG