The online racing simulator
racing line gets darker because the rubber on the track. That "rubber" is the tire skid texture, so if you want it to be darker you should edit that file.

It is not posible to edit asphatl textures to have that line, because the same file is used over the whole track.
Hi señor Lynce,

Will the complete % be reduced, if LFS S3 gets released?

Greets
I'm not too familiar with skin packs or such in LFS.. So does installing this pack prevent me from joining the normal servers in the LFS lobby?

The graphics look really awesome, good luck with the project!
Quote from -RitariÄssä- :I'm not too familiar with skin packs or such in LFS.. So does installing this pack prevent me from joining the normal servers in the LFS lobby?

You can normaly race with this pack

In my opinion after some time spent on Fern Bay road should be a bit darker, and grass little more colorfull (not so washed out).
Will final pack include all Fern Bay textures? like lorrys, fences, cones... and everything found on track
Excellent work, very much yet, I look forward to the release
Quote from The Very End :Hehe, I understand

Btw, nice picture!

Thanks!!

Quote from D4NO :Hello guys,

this is great work Lynce! I just have some question and suggestion. Please don´t complain about my English grammar

Question: How does affect changing textures automatic racing path generation done by lfs? I mean that path made by rubber which is automatically generated by the game.

Suggestion: How about make textures with like that ideal racing path more lighter ? I know it should be pain in ass to do it but if it´s lot of work just leave it. It should look better with more contrast with that automatic generated rubber path.

From looking on a screenshots with this revolution pack I´ll call that tarmac texture little bit monotonous cause it triggered in me memories of Collin McRae Rally 2, :P Thats my suggestion

Hope you guys understand my crappy english

Your suggestions is a general suggestion.

The current work, released last week, it's just an unfinished work as I wrote in the first post of this thread.

Sometimes I have troubles to understand some specific words to understand the point of view of the suggestion from the user, so I was thinking that the best suggestion always if go accompanied with real documentation (I do not mean five minutes looking one pic). Always with real references and any time to understand your suggestion.

Remember, my 40% of the time is understand the texture and another 40% is a exhaustive documentation to understand how it works and how it is in real life.

Anyway, thank you for your opinion.

Quote from Whiskey :racing line gets darker because the rubber on the track. That "rubber" is the tire skid texture, so if you want it to be darker you should edit that file.

It is not posible to edit asphatl textures to have that line, because the same file is used over the whole track.

I don't understand your post, Can you send me a private message?

Thanks as always.

Quote from Speed Senna :Hi señor Lynce,

Will the complete % be reduced, if LFS S3 gets released?

Greets

Hum....

Hard to understand your question, but very interesting...

If the S3 gets released, I don't know if LFS will be updated in DX9 or DX10 or if the dds files will be jpeg files.

Anyway I really think on the possibility to improve illumination shaders and perhaps dds will be jpeg files (I'm not sure but that is a post read long time ago from the devs).

If I can work with the jpeg files the work would be more easily to do, but I don't understand if some files who work in alpha will continue in dds.

I hope I have answered your question., my friend. Hehehehehe.

Quote from -RitariÄssä- :I'm not too familiar with skin packs or such in LFS.. So does installing this pack prevent me from joining the normal servers in the LFS lobby?

Thanks!!

And this is the answer:

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :You can normaly race with this pack

In my opinion after some time spent on Fern Bay road should be a bit darker, and grass little more colorfull (not so washed out).
Will final pack include all Fern Bay textures? like lorrys, fences, cones... and everything found on track

I will try it. Thanks to you I know what files works in this track.

Quote from EvgeniySavichev :Excellent work, very much yet, I look forward to the release

Thank you!
Quote from Lynce :
Hum....

Hard to understand your question, but very interesting...

If the S3 gets released, I don't know if LFS will be updated in DX9 or DX10 or if the dds files will be jpeg files.

Anyway I really think on the possibility to improve illumination shaders and perhaps dds will be jpeg files (I'm not sure but that is a post read long time ago from the devs).

If I can work with the jpeg files the work would be more easily to do, but I don't understand if some files who work in alpha will continue in dds.

I hope I have answered your question., my friend. Hehehehehe.

You understood the question . And RP will be 100% completed much much before S3 releasing . Keep it going
Quote from Speed Senna :You understood the question . And RP will be 100% completed much much before S3 releasing . Keep it going

I understand your comment now. Hahahaha.

News._

Cheers.
Aiaiaiai mint!
Your work is awesome. Pushing every damn pixel to it's best. You should be in the dev team.
Lynce< you are best don't stop
Quote from The Very End :Aiaiaiai mint!

Quote from DriverLT :Your work is awesome. Pushing every damn pixel to it's best. You should be in the dev team.

Quote from Frunze118 :Lynce< you are best don't stop

Thanks!

In development:

1. revolution-pack.com . We need your support.

2. Revolution Pack. Fern Bay re-textured in HD.

3. xxxxxxxxx. (César Fernández).

News._

Bigger on RP's Blog.
One word: awesome...
You're a really productive guy - can't wait for more, impressive stuff.
generating sound from engine change lol
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118
Quote from Lynce :...In development:

1. revolution-pack.com . We need your support...

Your graphics work is awesome, and you are a first grade artist!

But I just don't understand your website (user friendlyness=0), it gives me headache...
Quote from FireMike15 :You're a really productive guy - can't wait for more, impressive stuff.

Thank you, brother.

Quote from pako_customize :generating sound from engine change lol

Have I wrote bad?

Quote from Frunze118 :Good idea Lynce change all sounds in LFS . I believe in you. I watch http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=18589
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44432

but can't find good quality sounds. Feels like xfg have 1000hp. So monsterous sounds/

It is a finished work from Arias for the menu and some interesting sounds such Turbo, wind, tyres,etc. Released on the RP 7th 2009.

Quote from Ripley :Your graphics work is awesome, and you are a first grade artist!

But I just don't understand your website (user friendlyness=0), it gives me headache...

Thanks, mate!!

I don't understand your second comment. Can you specify?

Cheers.
Well, it's maybe just...too advanced. It's heavy and slow.

I tried it with FF 13.0.1 and transitions among different screens on home page are slooooow (maybe it's intended to be that way).
It's as you can see the 10 (or so) different screen captures being overlaid one on top of each other.

The menu on the left could be more visible than just an arrow.

When I click on the bottom or top menu (login, sound, config...) nothing works or shows, except the donation popup, and the RP blog (again, maybe it's intended to be that way).

With IE 8 it doesn't work at all, only bottom menu visible and nothing else (there is an LFS link visible, a kind of a bug).
Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/I2ty2.jpg
The website has no reason not to work on older browsers (IE is still used quite a lot). The usage of images and effects are nothing special for older browsers. So some proper programming should make it easy to support several browsers, including mobile browsers. Apart from the fact that it uses big, inefficient usage of Javascript it could use some work.
Quote from Bose321 :The website has no reason not to work on older browsers (IE is still used quite a lot). The usage of images and effects are nothing special for older browsers. So some proper programming should make it easy to support several browsers, including mobile browsers. Apart from the fact that it uses big, inefficient usage of Javascript it could use some work.

Exactly, when a website has <a id="brTyresAndSidewalls" title="Tyres and sidewalls"/></a> as a link, then you know things haven't been done properly to start with.

See the attached pic for what happens when you disable css...
Attached images
rpnocss.png
Thank, you, César.

News._

Bigger on Rp's blog.
Quote from Lynce :Thank, you, César.

News._

Bigger on Rp's blog.

thank you very much Lynce!!
Just saw this now, very nice work! Only comment I have is that I currently (or rather, did when I was still playing) have a cracked road texture for FE. I don't remember who made it, but I felt that it fit the feel of the circuit very, very well. Any chance at getting a version of the road with a very pale asphalt (sun-bleached, as is common in the tropical countries) with a lot of cracks and maybe a bit of tar filling some of them? Would bring the road surface to life imho.

Great work as always!
Why aren't you in the devs crew already?

You're creating masterpieces.
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118

The Revolution Pack 2012. June 20th-Incomplete. 51,85%
(435 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG