The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
My favourite by far of the new French tanks is the little tiny UE57.

It's based on the UE2 Tankette and is tiny:

Which TD line is more fun: USSR or German? As I said, I already have StuG III, but if USSR is more fun, I can switch lines
Quote from Sobis :Which TD line is more fun: USSR or German? As I said, I already have StuG III, but if USSR is more fun, I can switch lines

I've not tried the German since beta, and only got as far as the Jagdpanther back then.

The USSR ones are pretty fun though, once you get past the SU85B.

The SU85 still has the 107mm at T5, so you can feast on lower tiers and still do OK damage to higher ones.
SU100 is not especially good or bad, but SU152 and ISU152 just with standard guns are great. I found the 122mm guns too unreliable at penetration so kept to the 152mm with HE, I'm not going to bother with the 44k XP gun and go straight for the 63k XP BL10, which should be good I hope.
Quote from Joku123 :You have 800k unused exp and you still need more?

Quote from Hyperactive :I might need it some day

So it looks like there is new research route opening in the german line in some of the future patches. Ferdinand can be opened from tiger p in the future. And I just happen to have 120k unused exp on tiger p
Ive had lots of fun with my 704 and the BL10 .......

Wow.. 55% over 5000 battles is pretty damn good. Do you play clanwars or was that randoms?

That's also the most battles on one tank I think I've ever seen.

What is it about the SU-152 do you think that doesn't agree with you, given your Object and ISU-152 ratios?
Those were all public matches.

Not sure about the SU152, was just 1 of those tanks that didnt bring anything to the table. Just move on to the ISU152 as soon as you can.
Anyone knows a site where I could get free gold?

This stock KV-3 gun is soo bad
There's no legit vouchers going at the moment.

Any site that offers to 'hack the server' for free gold WILL just be a scam to harvest your login details.

Also, @Elderado, what crew skills do you have on your epicly experienced Object?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Also, @Elderado, what crew skills do you have on your epicly experienced Object?

Probably all of them
lol... that's crazy.
I never took notice about radio conversations, until few moments ago they started to sound somewhat familiar, then it hit me...omg they speak estonian
It's getting a bit ridiculous with all the super high penetration guns in the top tiers. Tanks like the Maus and E-100 which were great to play/fight as you really had to plan what you did to take them on and penetrate them are now just big, slow punching-bags. It's reducing everything to just click-to-kill.

A TD should have no trouble penetrating a heavy, that's what they were designed for, but a medium should need to out manoeuvre them to hit the weaker armour.
Got my t29. Absolutely amazing fun tank to drive imho. Only problem I have is that the gun has really slow reload with the first turret. And really slow aiming. (vents, gld and rammer helps a bit). But in hull down it is invincible if arty doesn't shoot you. Have only played handful of games in it though. Got the ace tanker in my fifth match (which tells more about how useless and random those medals are). Before I really liked the IS the best t7 heavy. Fast moving, heavy punch and bouncy all around. Tiger p is fun too and the front can bounce all kinds of shots.

The grind with the m6 wasn't so bad after all. Almost kept it but had to sell it to make space for other new grinds. T1 was full of awesomeness imho but had to sell it too to make room. Also sold the su-152. Was just hugely frustrating to drive imho. Also (finally) bought t-50-2. A bit mixed feeling. Need to get the better tracks and guns and other modules but it is more knife edge than the t-50.

Still thinking about getting either is-8, kv-4 or vk4502a. I'll probably wait to see how the kv4/is8 buffs go before getting those. Vk4502a is tempting because it is mobile heavy a bit like is3 which I absolutely love to play. And it shares some modules with the ferdinand which will be connected to the tiger p in the research tree somewhere in future. But with my KT I absolutely hated that short 105mm gun which is the top gun for the vk4502a...

Have you guys played the vk4502a? Is it fun or frutrating tank?

Also the new american turreted tier 10 TD looks totally awesome. Started grinding my way to it. Going at T18 now...
Apparently wargaming is going to stop selling the retail boxed gamecodes. Or there will be new boxed gamecodes that are more expensive. Which is somewhat predictable as the boxed gamecodes were a lot cheaper than the gold you can buy directly from the wot website. Anyways, decided to invest some money and got myself 2 boxes. Bought one earlier. That should be enough gold for converting so I can avoid some of the more nastier tank grinds in future. (wallet warrior mode enabled)
Do they come with the Pz 738H? Awesome little tank.
Quote from Hyperactive :Apparently wargaming is going to stop selling the retail boxed gamecodes. Or there will be new boxed gamecodes that are more expensive. Which is somewhat predictable as the boxed gamecodes were a lot cheaper than the gold you can buy directly from the wot website. Anyways, decided to invest some money and got myself 2 boxes. Bought one earlier. That should be enough gold for converting so I can avoid some of the more nastier tank grinds in future. (wallet warrior mode enabled)

I bought 3 of those for price of two from Gamestop few months ago. 7500gold+3weeks premium+Pz38H was much better than 5500gold from official sites. I do understand why WG doesn't want to sell those boxes anymore.

Currently I'm playing mainly T-43, because I must get T-44 researched before next patch when T-43 loses its best gun. T-43 is actually pretty fun tank to play, although it is practically almost same tank as T-34-85 with more hp and tougher matchmaking.

Also, I finally got Ace tanker badge for my BatChat. Replay is here in case someone is interested. Wasn't anything very special really, just general autoloader raping+a bit of luck, 2101exp.
Joku, be aware that you cannot fit the D10T on the T44 without the turret, and you can't fit the turret without first getting the tracks. Grinding 30k or so for those with the 85mm is pure hell.
Quote from Bean0 :Joku, be aware that you cannot fit the D10T on the T44 without the turret, and you can't fit the turret without first getting the tracks. Grinding 30k or so for those with the 85mm is pure hell.

I wouldn't call it hell, to be honest. The long 85mm gun is pretty playable in stock condition. 44 was one of the most comfortable stock tanks for me so far (along with SU152).
Quote from Bean0 :Joku, be aware that you cannot fit the D10T on the T44 without the turret, and you can't fit the turret without first getting the tracks. Grinding 30k or so for those with the 85mm is pure hell.

I most likely won't even buy T-44 but just research it and then continue grinding USA heavy tree and french artys. I've heard that T-62A(new soviet tier 10 medium) isn't as good as new Patton III/BatChat.
Quote from Joku123 :I most likely won't even buy T-44 but just research it and then continue grinding USA heavy tree and french artys. I've heard that T-62A(new soviet tier 10 medium) isn't as good as new Patton III/BatChat.

Patton III and T62A are the best at the moment (test1, what would be on test 2 nobody knows) and are pretty equal.

French medium tanks branch is really messed up now. Lorraine and BatChat. have their manouverability decreased quite noticable. 13-75, 13-90 are just moved up on 1 tier without any changes except minor HP increase.

Heavy tanks tier 10 would be dinosaurs if tier 10 MT and AT won't be balanced down. The only HT10 that is more or less playable is the T110E5, other are in big trouble, especially german.
It just doesn't make any sense at all to give the t10 mediums' guns so much penetration. I can understand the t10 TDs requiring big penetration because they will be shooting mostly on the fronts of heavy tanks (and they are really slow except the french one) but mediums should not be that good frontally against heavies. That much pen just makes no sense at all when the mediums have so accurate guns as well that would allow them to fire at weakspots and do damage with much less pen too. Or flank and get sideshots or shooting while moving.

It seems impossible to balance them the way they are now. Maybe it can do some good CWs to have heavies replaced by mediums altogether but that would make heavies very hard to play on randoms as well...
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Patton III and T62A are the best at the moment (test1, what would be on test 2 nobody knows) and are pretty equal.

French medium tanks branch is really messed up now. Lorraine and BatChat. have their manouverability decreased quite noticable. 13-75, 13-90 are just moved up on 1 tier without any changes except minor HP increase.

Heavy tanks tier 10 would be dinosaurs if tier 10 MT and AT won't be balanced down. The only HT10 that is more or less playable is the T110E5, other are in big trouble, especially german.

I heard that T62A is too slow compared to other mediums and Patton is OP. I haven't tested neither of those so can't really tell. And yea, test is only test, anything can still change..

I did few battles with new BatChat and I liked it. It probably isn't as overpowered as before but it's still good. I believe it's kinda same situation for every tank in French medium tree.

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG