The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :P2P ain't a big deal it's true, but personally I don't know why they feel they need it for Indycar.

Exactly. The street/road course racing product has been pretty strong so far this year. Much better than what it was with the IR07. So why try to fix something that was working fine?

But oh well. Life goes on.

Quote from Mustafur :Apparently this might help Reliability though because they are lowering the boost, because the engine failures this year have been quite extreme(every race numerous people have to get a new one).

Yea, this is what the cynical side of me thinks, too.

Plus, less boost = less power for everyone = less power deficit for Lotus.

Quote from JackDaMaster :I dont think you understand. That forum is just a lot of bitching. All I'm saying is that P2P is not a big deal and I don't understand why people are up in arms about it.

No, I'm pretty sure I got it right.

Too bad you feel that way then. But I feel like you set your "bitching" standards in a over-sensitive way.

You want true bitching? Do yourself a favour, and have a look at what's going on at Trackforum(especially the uncensored controversy section), Miller's Mailbag on SpeedTV.com, or even (*gasp*) good old Crapwagon.com.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I'm pretty sure PMD and Mustafur were just offering wild speculation with their boost leveling theory. Unless they know something we don't know of.

I was simply trolling because of how bad Lotus has done so far.
Warning: long rant ahead.

A few days ago, Curt Kavin from the Indianapolis Star made a mid-season review and gave grades to each team. He gave KV Racing an "F", stating that the teams' results were relatively poor, considering its huge ressources. Kavin then received some critics from mail and Twitter for his negative comments.

Then, later, in his "Trackside" radio show(brilliant stuff, if I may add), he apologised, saying something like(paraphrasing): "I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Sometimes when you write things, it is hard to match your thoughts exactly. You only realise that when you re-read yourself. I didn't mean to write such negative comments. If I had to do it again, I would have given KV a better grade, and turned things into a more positive way".

The reason why I took this example is, I thought this was a brilliant quote, and I belive it applies to this thread very well.

I'm sure all of us in this thread would approve of the new managements' actions, overall. I'm sure that all of us think the series is going the right way since the reunification. And last thing - I'm sure everyone would agree that since March 2012, we have witnessed some of the finest American Open Wheel races for a long while, and one of the best Indy 500 of recent history.

The thing is, as race fans, we are perfectionists. We tend to take the things that are going well as "granted", and focus instead on the things that could be improved.

As race fans, we are also traditionalists. Most of us think that at least some aspects of yesterday's racing was better... And are affraid of changes that could drive today's racing even further than what it was yesterday.

When you think about it... Many mainstream sports such as soccer, basketball or else, have had a similar ruleset for decades, and very few changes since then. In motorsports, especially in Indy-style racing, mostly due to the changes in terms of technology, aswell as different standards in terms of safety and "entertainment", we are changing rules year after year. Sometimes, even race by race.

When it is introduced in order to kill a bad and well known problem, this kind of sudden rule changes are perceived relatively well(ie: aero fixes before the latest Texas race, in order to kill the potential risks of "pack racing").

On the other hand, when it comes when many feel like there is no problem to cure, this kind of rule change can become unpopular.

Maybe bringing back push to pass was a good idea. Maybe it wasn't. Time will tell.

Now thing is, the street and road course racing product has arguably never been this good under IRL/IndyCar sanctionning, since the first ever IRL street course - St Pete 2005. In those conditions, is the "gamble" of messing with the racing product worth it? Is the very slight decrease in terms of power worth to take - while drivers and fans alike want to go the other way and have a lot more power?

But you're right Jack. Those things are just mere details, and don't influence IndyCar's situation in the big picture. From one's point of vue, the reaction they created could be perceived as "over-the-top".

Now, I don't think the fans are annoyed by the (re-)introduction of push to pass itself. In fact, they are mostly getting tired by the endless rule changes - sometimes with arguable, and "unknown" motivations behind them. And those are hurting the sports' stability.

And, while it's still recovering from the wounds of a terrible, destructing 12 years long split, this is one of the things American Open Wheel Racing needs the most: stability. It is one of the most important elements it needs to get, if it wants to get its former credibility back.

Sorry for the long post
The no Defending rules on Road courses were beyond retarded, glad they got rid of that crap.
That's practice, no?
Quote from Title of article :
Dixon edges Hunter-Reay in third Toronto IndyCar practice

It looks so :doh:
Got a Feeling this race will be a Ganassi Domination, they have dominated every practice.

Wonder if Wilson and Bourdais will be able to stay up the front.
Oh, Power to the lead on lap 6. Never would have guessed
Anyone got a stream?
Thanks
Newgarden just blew a good finish...
My internet is too slow
Kimball just put Bourdais into the wall, what the ****...
Ryan Hunter-Reay wins 3rd straight.. wow (I missed the whole race on a run to the store )

Sounds like it was a little crazy
Quote from nathan246 :Kimball just put Bourdais into the wall, what the ****...

What you mean to say is Conway put Kimball into Bourdais and into the wall.
#748 - CSF
Will Power, champion of not being champion.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Newgarden just blew a good finish...

Yet IndyCar penalize Simon apparently. Simon was confused after the race because he didn't feel like he did anything, and he didn't. Commentators blew it up also saying it was Simon's fault.
Quote from JackDaMaster :What you mean to say is Conway put Kimball into Bourdais and into the wall.

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, Kimball wasn't the cause.
Man, I'm a bit disappointed(as Will would say). First yellow changing the outcome of the race entirely(not sure why Beaux didn't keep the pitlane open), then hell broke loose with 8 to go.

Could've been worse I guess. Still less carnage than last year.

Quote from Mustafur :Got a Feeling this race will be a Ganassi Domination, they have dominated every practice.

Ha!

Quote from JackDaMaster :What you mean to say is Conway put Kimball into Bourdais and into the wall.

Yep.

Quote from CSF :Will Power, champion of not being champion.

We'll see if RHR can keep the good results coming on the next road/street races...

2012 IndyCar Series
(957 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG