The online racing simulator
Your dream racing server
(71 posts, started )
Your dream racing server
Please post description of features which should have your dream racing server (or group of racing servers).

I'll have some time in August/September so I wonna make something cool for LFS. We have enough cruise servers and now is time to wake-up racing part of LFS
the racing part of lfs is more then alive...

why not do the uF1 serise ??

several super small circuits, uf1 in you're F1 teams livery/decals...

About licensed server I would like to see single class racing servers.

On other side I would reallly like to see demo crash free server. A while ago I posted on AA forum my idea
I will just copy paste post:

I agree IP bans are pointless. What I think it would be more effective is to put experience limit on each server. Every noob who done 1:40 lap on GTI and have atleast 5 laps around track will have higher than 10 EI. So why not to make something like 10 EI limit on Demo GTI, and about 50 EI limit on Blackwood GTI. That will prevent people who do new account every 5 minutes, because in order they connect to server they will need to have some stats. Most of international crashers I saw have <10 laps. I aint so sure you will do this, but atleast do some test server that will show how this thing works. You have nothing to lose and it will be haven for racers

Most of members/players aggred to this idea, but admins are worried about potentialy lossing new players. I would like to see server like this on demo, but its hard to populate server. It would be easiest if some well known team will experiment with this config in Airio.
I thought about farm of single or double class servers with rich intake/add mass system (you unlock them while earning xp for race, overtaking and other achivements).
STD
Enough, I guess ? Well, it would be nice to see a STD Class server

Also, it would be nice to have a restriction which would force certain individuals to spectate if their lap-times are not meeting the requirements [for example, +2,5 seconds from WR].
lx4 racing
Well, the first thing you have to ask yourself is, "Why do I want this server?". Is it to fullfill a personal dream? Or, to provide a service to the community? Or, to get an experimentation ground(for insims, or else).

The thing is, there are a lot more servers than players. Right now, as I type, there are 612 servers for "only" 692 online players. 540 of them are empty, which represents approximately 88%.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but if you don't have a very solid plan behind this, your server will join those 88% straight away. And you don't want to waste your time and your money, do you?

If you want to be successful, you need to find THE thing that will make drivers join your server instead of others. Because, they litterally have hundreds of other servers to go racing for free, and they won't go at yours just for sympathy.

And, let's not forget, building successful servers out of no strong community is an almost impossible task. You could come up with the perfect idea, the perfect insim, and the perfect adminning system, and still end up missing the most important thing: the drivers. You need to have a devoted "fanbase" racing on your server as often as possible, to keep it as high as possible on the server list, so you can make the server attractive to average Joe's like me.

There are plenty of servers that ended being "one hit wonders", because for whatever reason, they couldn't attract the racers for more than a few days or a few weeks. I recall in particular of EQ Worry's project, which sounded perfectly fine on the paper, but ended up being a monumental flop.

________

But anyway, to answer your question... I would be pretty interrested in having a sort of revival of the "CTRA Bump and Jump" server, with the old layouts. It could be an interresting idea to consider, as there are no active servers offering autocross racing at the moment. But would there be enough interrest to keep the server populated on long term? Here's the question.

Something single seaters would be nice - either MRT/FBM/FOX/FO8, or multiclass with all of them - but then there is FOX Junkies and cargame.nl's OW server and they are pretty much empty all the time, so I guess there is not enough interrest for that stuff right now.

BTW, I might be in the minority, but I'm not a big fans of servers where you have to get "experience points" or whatever you call them, in order to unlock the more powerful cars. When I fire up LFS I just want to goddamn race, not cruise for meaningless points. Keeping the unexperienced away from the dangerous cars is a necessary evil, OK, but you can just filter them with Airio's !ex index.
#8 - War
My idea of a perfect server is where there's like open-track racing. Like there arent any laps, and people could race around as much as they'd like. Basically a hotlap server.
A car buying option (like in cruises) would be nice aswell, like you get some small ammount of money depending on the lap time. IMO it would be nice to see some variety of cars.

IMO it would make the racing in LFS a bit more popular and would interest the guys who cruise into racing. Personally I think it would be more fun than just plain racing. Like keeping racing fun.

Note: IMO this would do better on small/mid- sized tracks.
Pack everything you can into one server. Multiple servers is a waste of time, and a points system is a waste of time.

I think having a different type of racing each day would be nice. I know it sounds like a lot of work to produce that but I think it would be more beneficial. By this I mean:
Monday: Slow Road cars (alternating from UF1, STD, and LX4 each week)
Tuesday: Fast Road cars ( Alternating from TBO, FZ5/RAC, and LX6 each week)
Wednesday: GTR (alternating between nGT and GT1 each week)
Friday: Bump-n-Jump (3 races at each track, reverse grid each race)
Saturday: Event day (Top of hour 15 minute qual starts, 5 min break, 30 minute race, 10 min break, repeat. One combo a week, if possible choosing most popular combo of week).
Sunday: Multi-class Endurance w/pitstop (TBO/STD, FZ5&RAC/TBO, LX6/LX4, or GTR/nGT, 15 min Q, 40 minute break, 5 min break).

I think this would be able to pull more people together.
One that is ran on a S3 version.
anything but multiclass. it's so retarded. 2 classes would be fine, but more than that will fail completely.

GTR @ combo changing every 2h, from a tracklist (not a vote)
UFR+XFR @ ^
TBO @ ^

those basically. public racing in LFS is so dead and I can't find cargame servers enjoyable.
Fo8
A server without multiclasses, with a map/layout rotation every two races, with car rotation every race and everyone with the same car or the same class.

The "race 10 days to unlock LX4 class" is so retarded, its why I stopped playing LFS.
@GreyBull [CHA] - I have to points: insim test/making and do sth to keep community with LFS before S3 comes (so, it's a longterm plan xD )

I see 4 types of servers now:
1. opentrack hotlaps server - it need way control to avoid ppl driving same path in 2 ways (it could be interesting), buying cars, earning for laps
2. multiclass server with tracks rotation
3. singleclass server with track/class rotation
4. doubleclass server with track rotation.

@nikopdr - contact me PM if you wonna help making this doubleclass server.
@GreyBull [CHA] - if you are interested in making some server with singleseat or autocross - contact me.

I can provide LFS server, Free Airio and my help.

I'll try to do as much as I can, but not until August.
Can we drop the multi class (keep double class please) and add a rallycross + bump&jump instead? Maybe incorporate a joker lap into the tracks/layouts? I wouldn't mind building the layouts.
TBO!
By far the best racing.
Quote from PMD9409 :Pack everything you can into one server. Multiple servers is a waste of time, and a points system is a waste of time.

I think having a different type of racing each day would be nice. I know it sounds like a lot of work to produce that but I think it would be more beneficial. By this I mean:
Saturday: Event day (Top of hour 15 minute qual starts, 5 min break, 30 minute race, 10 min break, repeat. One combo a week, if possible choosing most popular combo of week).
Sunday: Multi-class Endurance w/pitstop (TBO/STD, FZ5&RAC/TBO, LX6/LX4, or GTR/nGT, 15 min Q, 40 minute break, 5 min break).

That would be so cool!
#19 - e.M
My dream racing server is with 31 drivers who are as fast as me, can you do that?
About licensed server I would like to see single class racing servers.

On other side I would reallly like to see demo crash free server. A while ago I posted on AA forum my idea
I will just copy paste post:

Quote :I agree IP bans are pointless. What I think it would be more effective is to put experience limit on each server. Every noob who done 1:40 lap on GTI and have atleast 5 laps around track will have higher than 10 EI. So why not to make something like 10 EI limit on Demo GTI, and about 50 EI limit on Blackwood GTI. That will prevent people who do new account every 5 minutes, because in order they connect to server they will need to have some stats. Most of international crashers I saw have <10 laps. I aint so sure you will do this, but atleast do some test server that will show how this thing works. You have nothing to lose and it will be haven for racers

Most of members/players aggred to this idea, but admins are worried about potentialy lossing new players. I would like to see server like this on demo, but its hard to populate server. It would be easiest if some well known team will experiment with this config in Airio.

Redline Racing Demo server 1 is running something along these lines.

We have server set with no mid race join which filters out a fair number of those joining with no intention of clean/serious racing. If they do stay they can only drive XRG if they have 100 points in the Airio experience index. And you can only use keyboard controller if your PB time is within 103% of the WR time.

We also have a fair number of players with Marshal status that gives them the ability to police the servers via spectate, kick or ban penalities. There are also usually a few a admins around from about 16:00 to 23:00 UK tme.

Whilst we can't claim it to be crasher/idiot free it is about as close as you can get on public demo servers.

You can also usually raise and admin from the redline racing website at http://www.team-redline.co.uk/forum/index.php.
Leave a message there and someone will usually respond. Or you can post a replay of any crashers and we will deal with them as required.
Spa, 60 cars, multiclass. We're too far from there, but i hope we can get a bit closer at least to the "60" in the future, at least for some tracks/events.
Bring CTRA back. Not only the system, but also those people, who bought S2 and felt like they have their racing license in this big simulator. Like it's honor for them to race against someone better, like they already knew what danger T1 brings... And I could continue forever.
Quote from War :My idea of a perfect server is where there's like open-track racing. Like there arent any laps, and people could race around as much as they'd like. Basically a hotlap server.
A car buying option (like in cruises) would be nice aswell, like you get some small ammount of money depending on the lap time. IMO it would be nice to see some variety of cars.

IMO it would make the racing in LFS a bit more popular and would interest the guys who cruise into racing. Personally I think it would be more fun than just plain racing. Like keeping racing fun.

Note: IMO this would do better on small/mid- sized tracks.

This somehow associates for me with track days - everyone comes to track with their car just to race around,test his car and his skills to handle,could be interesting,but... (lower)
Quote from PMD9409 :Pack everything you can into one server. Multiple servers is a waste of time, and a points system is a waste of time.

Also sounds like an interesting idea,but... (lower)

...unfortunately I'm not the best guy to comment/rate this as I'm generally interested on events and too lazy for pick up racing...
Yeah, that was the point in event day etc. The stuff changing each day at least keeps people interested and not bored. This place is getting old enough, can't have a server lacking too. Also multiple servers is just spreading the people out even more, same situation as multi-class.
Quote from Kid222 :Spa, 60 cars, multiclass. We're too far from there, but i hope we can get a bit closer at least to the "60" in the future, at least for some tracks/events.

wet dream...

Your dream racing server
(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG