The online racing simulator
Quote from Juzaa :I'm going to call the crash between Hamilton and Maldonado a pure racing incident.

I'm calling it pure stupidity, from both drivers.
Quote from Lotesdelere :I'm calling it pure stupidity, from both drivers.

That pretty much translates racing incident to common English.
According to Mika Salo (one of the GP judges) Schumacher keeps his 3rd place.
#104 - CSF
Quote from Juzaa :That pretty much translates racing incident to common English.

Yup. Both of them could have been smarter about it, but it's going for a podium with one lap to go. Hamilton ran Maldonado off the track when Maldonado was fully alongside, and Maldonado didn't take kindly to it. End result: two wrecked cars. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I think the greater stupidity is Hamilton's, though, given that he knew his championship position, knew he had no tires left, and knew who he was racing.
Good race indeed! Something we didn't see in a long time: technical failures! I totaly love that podium: Schumi, Kimi & Alonso! YEAAAAH!

Too bad Caterham couldn't clinch on a 10th place, would have been very well earned cause as one of the complete sucky teams they do seem to make progress (and I simply like them, I mean: Kova cheering in qualify cause he made it to Q2 like he just had won a race, yes man, that's the spirit!).

Mal-Ham crash... in my opinion Mal is at wrong cause he needed to brake, he was too much off-track. Ham however should have been more careful; expensive WC points lost!

Sucks for Vettel though, he did everything perfect again: qualify, the race start, take 20 seconds to have a gap for an extra pit stop. Then the safety car and the techinical issue, damn that must sting!
Magnificent race, it pretty much had it all.

Maldonado is mostly at blame, and has received a post race penalty of 20 seconds. Both drivers could have been more precautious in that incident, it was irresponsible and stupid, but I loved it nonetheless.
This race? Not bad for such a crap track.
Quote from J@tko :What an insane race. Absolutely insane.

Yes, its great!

Quote from Intrepid :According to the rule book Maldanado would be seen as in the wrong. But Hamilton is all to blame for that. WHy risk it? Stupid

Yes, it is clearly Maldonados fault (I expect a penalty). But Hamilton has to blame himself for not getting the championship points. This years newborn champion Hamilton does not do such stupid defends (his feud with Massa should have taught him this)
lots of people here are seriously full of shit, had it been hamilton who tried to pass every single one of you would have put the blame on him and him only, hamilton did what he had to do, he didin't block maldonado and he was ahead of him for the second corner, Maldonado should have backed down.
Quote from Kazu2799 :lots of people here are seriously full of shit, had it been hamilton who tried to pass every single one of you would have put the blame on him and him only, hamilton did what he had to do, he didin't block maldonado and he was ahead of him for the second corner, Maldonado should have backed down.

Hamilton should have let Pastor go. That's the fundamental point. Why risk it?
Quote from Kazu2799 :lots of people here are seriously full of shit, had it been hamilton who tried to pass every single one of you would have put the blame on him and him only, hamilton did what he had to do, he didin't block maldonado and he was ahead of him for the second corner, Maldonado should have backed down.

And yet the majority of people here agree that Maldonado was at fault?
Quote from Intrepid :Hamilton should have let Pastor go. That's the fundamental point. Why risk it?

Exactly, Maldonado at fault, but for him it' worth the risk. Hamilton should have played it more cautious and left more space.

So much for his 'It's all about collecting points not podiums or wins every race'
Very interesting observation by someone earlier on when he said Vettel has killed his engine after quali.

A little thing I noticed is that Webber shifts up when his led lights hit the red or as soon as it hits blue in quali and I can't recall the last time he had engine trouble (in race) and then you have Vettel who dulls the engine into blue even during the race and that Korea engine failure and now in Valencia again.

In other news penalty for Maldonado and Schumi gets to keep his podium. \o/
Quote from Intrepid : Why risk it?

If that's the attitude you think drivers should take, maybe they shouldn't bother turn up, I mean, why risk it? If you don't defend 2nd, soon you're gonna find yourself in 3rd,and if you don't defend 3rd you're gonna end up in 4th. Do you not see this?

A race is a race, it's about beating the other drivers around you and ultimately everyone on track. Hamilton was legitimately holding and defending his position.

The only point of which Hamilton is at fault in this incident is giving Maldonado the credit and assuming he wouldn't get wrecked.

Maldonado need banning, this tantrums he keeps pulling when shit doesn't go his way is going to kill or hurt someone soon if they sort tell him to shape up or ship out.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yup. Both of them could have been smarter about it, but it's going for a podium with one lap to go. Hamilton ran Maldonado off the track when Maldonado was fully alongside, and Maldonado didn't take kindly to it. End result: two wrecked cars. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I think the greater stupidity is Hamilton's, though, given that he knew his championship position, knew he had no tires left, and knew who he was racing.

Maldonado have been chopping people off squeezing people off the track throughout the race, and he's crying when Lewis gave him his own medicine.

Hamilton left him a car width on the left hander, but Maldonado crashed straight into the side of Lewis.

Yes Lewis should know what type of person he's racing with and he should've thought more on the championship, but Maldonado deserve his own medicine from time to time.

And of course, Maldonado couldn't have cried to the stewards he got pushed off the track, the stewards will just show him the video of how he pushed Kimi off the track multiple times in this race alone. And I reckon his chop on Kimi at the start at the flat out T1 was pretty dangerous.
Quote from BlueFlame :If that's the attitude you think drivers should take, maybe they shouldn't bother turn up, I mean, why risk it? If you don't defend 2nd, soon you're gonna find yourself in 3rd,and if you don't defend 3rd you're gonna end up in 4th. Do you not see this?

A race is a race, it's about beating the other drivers around you and ultimately everyone on track. Hamilton was legitimately holding and defending.

Do you realise that there's something called a "World Championship"? There isn't just one race, there are lots of them and drivers get points for their finishing positions in each one. Then at the end of the season when they're all finished they get totalled up and the one with the most points wins.

But seriously, Hamilton had destroyed his tyres and was a sitting duck. His choice was between picking up points for finishing 4th, 5th, 6th, or crashing out and ending up with nothing - because, yes, it's a fair assumption that Maldonado will put on his knuckle duster and fight dirty (the actual incident being completely Maldonado's fault). He chose the all or nothing approach and ended up with nothing. But so too did Maldonado - he was equally stupid as he could have just waited a few corners and breezed past.
Quote from BlueFlame :If that's the attitude you think drivers should take, maybe they shouldn't bother turn up, I mean, why risk it? If you don't defend 2nd, soon you're gonna find yourself in 3rd,and if you don't defend 3rd you're gonna end up in 4th. Do you not see this?

A race is a race, it's about beating the other drivers around you and ultimately everyone on track. Hamilton was legitimately holding and defending his position.

The only point of which Hamilton is at fault in this incident is giving Maldonado the credit and assuming he wouldn't get wrecked.

Maldonado need banning, this tantrums he keeps pulling when shit doesn't go his way is going to kill or hurt someone soon if they sort tell him to shape up or ship out.

I'd love to see Maldonado fly off into the air if Kimi didn't back off at T1 lap 1. Then he'll think twice about the way he race.
Quote from mythdat :Do you realise that there's something called a "World Championship"? There isn't just one race, there are lots of them and drivers get points for their finishing positions in each one. Then at the end of the season when they're all finished they get totalled up and the one with the most points wins.

But seriously, Hamilton had destroyed his tyres and was a sitting duck. His choice was between picking up points for finishing 4th, 5th, 6th, or crashing out and ending up with nothing - because, yes, it's a fair assumption that Maldonado will put on his knuckle duster and fight dirty (the actual incident being completely Maldonado's fault). He chose the all or nothing approach and ended up with nothing. But so too did Maldonado - he was equally stupid as he could have just waited a few corners and breezed past.

the only stupidity for Lewis was he forgot he was racing with someone stupid.
#120 - CSF
Well no, look at how Lewis handled Grosjean earlier in the race, he gave plenty of room and both came out ok. Here he didn't, it's like the red mist came down because he was racing Pastor and he had to fight as hard as he expected to be fought.
Quote from CSF :Well no, look at how Lewis handled Grosjean earlier in the race, he gave plenty of room and both came out ok. Here he didn't, it's like the red mist came down because he was racing Pastor and he had to fight as hard as he expected to be fought.

If you look at the Replay don't think Hamilton could of gave any more room, he came in pretty hard(keep in mind hes tyres where gone at this point too), so did Maldonado.

Pastor should of conceded at this point because only a crash was possible to make the corner, and that is to ignore the fact he had 4 tyres off the track at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqhiYXP0KNE
Quote :Maldonando teaches good lesson to the nigers rider! that stupid nigers has caused lots of accident with his style
cla10xboy 22 minutes ago

oh shut the **** up your redneck uneducated inbred ****, it wasn't your fault you was brought up with a brainless ****ing bunch of lemons. take your racism elsewhere
iRowey in reply to cla10xboy 19 minutes ago

Quote from N I K I :Very interesting observation by someone earlier on when he said Vettel has killed his engine after quali.

A little thing I noticed is that Webber shifts up when his led lights hit the red or as soon as it hits blue in quali and I can't recall the last time he had engine trouble (in race) and then you have Vettel who dulls the engine into blue even during the race and that Korea engine failure and now in Valencia again.

In other news penalty for Maldonado and Schumi gets to keep his podium. \o/

I think the engineers would tell them if one of them was shifting at wrong rpm. Maybe the lights are set up differently for them. I think the drivers can adjust the shift point and vettel had just set his lower (=lights appear sooner) than webber at that point?
Quote from JCTK :the only stupidity for Lewis was he forgot he was racing with someone stupid.

This really sums up my thoughts too.
It's one of my big pet peeves with F1 (and European racing in general) that the inside driver exiting a corner is allowed to (pretty much expected to) run the outside driver off at the exit of the corner. Total bullshit, IMO.

Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe 2012
(185 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG