The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 500: Comments Thus Far (After Prac. 8)
Would like to take this time to comment on a few things seen in the first 8 sessions.

1. The race(s) are still not won on the first corner, or even first laps. Get to the end before you go gung ho.

2. Yes, there may be server-related lag, but also the quality of the connections of the drivers connected is in play. If you see cars jittering / warping / lagging a bit, don't be inches apart, leave room.

3. Use your looks / mirrors! There is NO reason why you can't set a bind to look around you quickly...you need mirrors also. It's technically regulated that follow view is prohibited as it does not permit the use of mirrors, however a select few are exempt and allowed to use it. Follow view does not and cannot give you an accurate representation of when someome is coming from behind you in the draft, which can start to tow a car well beyond follow view's range.

4. Maturity. It is lacking. Quit asking for permission to chat, instead set up a whisper in TS to talk to me or the entire race control channel. Tools -> Options -> Whisper Lists. It should be pretty self-explanatory from there. Stop asking for permission to chat just so you can bark at someone...save that until after the race when you've had a chance to review the incident and calm down.

5. Restarts. Please, don't lag back and try to get a run and jump the starts. I guarantee that's why the majority of you asking me to throw the green earlier are asking. You don't want your run to be stopped because you tried to guess the leader's go. This has been causing massive packs going for small spaces into t1, leading to crashes. Also, if a start / restart is aborted at any time, DO NOT SLAM ON THE BRAKES. Gently ease off the throttle and coast down to pacing speed. Also use this when the SC is called out for an incident.

Several drivers have been observed / notified to be on a VERY short leash...if those drivers don't shape up and fly right VERY soon, you can expect to be eradicated from his year's 500. None of us, admins and racers alike, want to see this be a repeat of the 2010 Kyoto 250....this will take 3x as long as that did...that would be about 6-7 hours of your Saturday wasted.

I want you all to police yourselves, and not rely on me to do it. This is in it's own thread for a reason...air your grievances. Do so in a polite, respectful manner. Attack the actions, NOT the person. Learn from those who have been here before, learn what these 500 miles on 30th June are about.
General lack of disrespect for admins
Not really necessary to post that for the public, we've already spoke about it and they know it was kinda stupid and it was a one time thing.
-
(vipex123) DELETED by vipex123
Quote from TFalke55 :It seems like you did not understand the message of this thread

In general there is a lack of respect for the admins, thats what im getting at. But your right woops :d
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Not really necessary to post that for the public

It's aimed at the public and EVERYONE wanting to do the race. Not just the select few who have been acting like tards. It is needed... this race can be great provided everyone is on the same page and has proven a good level of on track maturity.
I can now relate to 100% of what Deko says just by admining that sunday's FZR oval race.

How the hell is an event going to be successful if the drivers don't give a **** about the rules that they have to respect (EVEN the universal rules applied in racing), the orders/instructions given to them by the admins, and on top of it all, resorting to insulting the admins when there's something against them?
If the drivers think that the admins and race stewards are supposed to carry the whole event and keep it together in terms of attitude, then I can guarantee you that this event would be a major flop. It doesn't matter how good the entering drivers are (as I've read in the General Football Thread with people's opinions about C.Ronaldo...lots of similarities to this in terms of quality vs. attitude), if they get to the track with their head shoved up their arse, the whole event feedback would most certainly be negative and people would be thinking twice about doing it again.

Hopefully I've managed to expose my opinion as clearly as possible without causing anyone any trouble (since in this forum there is always ONE) or potentially derailing this thread.
#10 - CSF
While turning left.
Quote from oscarhardwick :It's aimed at the public and EVERYONE wanting to do the race. Not just the select few who have been acting like tards. It is needed... this race can be great provided everyone is on the same page and has proven a good level of on track maturity.

And I completly agree, I wasn't reffering to the OP, but Matts' post which (earlier) contained a screenshot where my teammates names were visiable and our team was called out by name. Anyway all good now, Matt edited the post (thanks for that) so no harm done, best of luck to everyone in the event.
Quote from PMD9409 :IMG

Surely that's hope, not patience?

Personally, I think my efforst last race were commendable, so I'd like to congratulate myself. And also Eoin and J@cko. We spent nearly 10 laps 3-way drafting with me lagging as hell and did not cause a yellow. Until we accidently did.
Instead of forcing idiotic 4 wide situations, back out and let the guys ahead stay 3 wide. You don't need to be a super speedway hero.Granted everyone makes mistakes (i've made plenty )
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :And I completly agree, I wasn't reffering to the OP, but Matts' post which (earlier) contained a screenshot where my teammates names were visiable and our team was called out by name. Anyway all good now, Matt edited the post (thanks for that) so no harm done, best of luck to everyone in the event.

And Matt does have a point, when drivers tell deko to fak off in the middle of a session that is pretty rude. Even I havent done that before.
Quote from Bmxtwins :And Matt does have a point, when drivers tell deko to fak off in the middle of a session that is pretty rude. Even I havent done that before.

Still no reason to personally attack someone in public. That's not making it any better nor is it the task of the racers to do so.
Quote from TFalke55 :Still no reason to personally attack someone in public. That's not making it any better nor is it the task of the racers to do so.

I realize that I was out of line and removed the photo with a more generic text.
How do we know if we need to do more sessions as I start work this week and my time will be limited + will be practicing for GT2 WS instead.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by dekojester : personal attack @ other member
-
(oscarhardwick) DELETED by dekojester : posts rendered irrelevant / useless after deleting post(s)
-
(xtraction) DELETED by dekojester : posts rendered irrelevant / useless after deleting post(s)
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : posts rendered irrelevant / useless after deleting post(s)
I don't really find the need to add more fuel to the fire, and it really isn't my intention, but even though it's a fact that WW are a team of amazingly-skilled drivers and even though they counter-balance their skills with an awful attitude towards other racers, they should have the capacity to solve their problems on their own without anyone else calling them out.
Maybe it's a little late for this, but you really should enforce the SC speed during the race. If SC speed is 130 kmph, it is 130. It's not 150 and, definitely, it isn't 100. Brake-testing cars behind during SC periods, like it happened pretty much everytime we had a yellow, at least in the 3 sessions I raced in, should be penalized.
I agree.
Also on restarts, how much is the speed before restart up to the leader? I saw people going 100kph (42) or even 180 (can't remember number) before green flag.
I have been informed that provided the speed decrease is gradual that when the saftey car pulls away I can drop my speed as low as 80kph (50 mph) and so when I (The 42) was leading and had two drivers in the same TS channel directly behind me slowing down to use first gear on starts to get the jump was the optimal way of us breaking away from the pack. Seeing as I won the race I would guess that this is an affective and useful strategy for restarts. Also working with people at the front and forming a gap early can help spread out the field and minimize wrecks. Please note the 30 odd laps of green we managed after the first yellow where I was leading and worked with the 01 to build a gap.
Quote from Kid222 :I agree.
Also on restarts, how much is the speed before restart up to the leader? I saw people going 100kph (42) or even 180 (can't remember number) before green flag.

Quote from NDR sporting code : VIII 7. 1. b. On Ovals, the leader must maintain SC pace until any time after a marked restart point, or when the green flag is displayed.

The rules are pretty clear, leader holds SC speed so that everyone behind knows what's happening.
Quote from boothy :The rules are pretty clear, leader holds SC speed so that everyone behind knows what's happening.

Not what I was told but I will rectify that.
I will make clear what allowance I will make to the maintain SC speed prior to the race. The leader will be allowed to GRADUALLY (the key word here) reduce to a minimum speed, in order to help the SC gap the field, and allow a bit of variance.

It will also be clarified that once acceleration starts again, it CANNOT be stopped.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG