The online racing simulator
CURIOSITY - Regarding ordering a new wheel
Hi'ya there. Approx 4 months ago my DFGT broken down, though I won't get deep into it. I've decided to spend a ''little'' something on a second-hand Logitech Momo BLACK Racing wheel. I've heard some good things and bad things, but overall - should I really consider rather buying a brand-new wheel, for example a G27 ?

Thing is that I'm not looking for anything fancy, just for a proper racing wheel which would provide me with proper racing experience.

Looking forward to see other individiual responses on my topic here.

Regards, MousemanLV
It depends, really. To be honest, the Momo is a downgrade from a DFGT, the wheel is tiny, and feels like a toy in a way, but its fairly robust. I still have mine, but my FFB motor shorted out somehow, and it's in my garage in my G25's box. The G25 and G27 on the other hand, have the full set; a shifter, and clutch pedal, along with the wheel.

ever since I bought my G25, I have never regretted it since, the wheel is larger, and it feels more rigid and more realistic, since it's not entirely made by plastic.
Buy another DFGT, don't go for the Momo, you regret it. Makes more noise too.. Only 240 degrees turn, wheel too small, no 67 buttons etcetc.

G25/G27 is also possible of course but you can always upgrade the DFGT with a custom USB shifter and pedals.
I've decided to go for a G27, since I'm about to recieve a discount code.
G27 - no questions asked, I guess ? :P
I've had mine for almost 2 years now - no issues.

Of course the quality could have come down by now, but my wheel is fabulous. MOMO is a good backup - I used one originally but had some issues with the forcefeedback belt slipping and wheel becoming mis calibrated mid race.
Wheels aren't a good thing to buy used. They have a limited life and have probably been abused by the previous owner. Get a new wheel.
Agree. My 4+ years old G25 has a bunch of issues, as I guess others won't be much better, I wouldn't recomend to buy a used one. Unles it's a wheel with not much time/use and have a really cheap price.

CURIOSITY - Regarding ordering a new wheel
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG