The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 500: Practice Session 9
Practice Session 9 for the 2012 Kyoto 500 will start at 18:00 UTC with a hotlap qualifying, 40 minutes alloted. The race that follows will be 80+2 laps, with a REQUIRED GREEN-FLAG PITSTOP to be taken.

If the session goes green flag all the way, double credit will be awarded.
EDIT: Done everything much earlier then expected.
I should be about for quali and the race. Nice long one. Means the idiots might wean away through the race before we get to the end.
Terrible showing by me. Dismal driving by others and even myself.
And car 45 just seriously WTF! Pinged me into the wall on more then two occasions.
Spent this session doing spotter for 23 and 64, the driving by most of the field is really worthless. If i was at deko's place, there would be barely half of grid accepted to the race. :|
"Someone is trying to jumpstart so i've better to prevent them by turning on them" BlueFlame logic
#8 - CSF
Quote from AstroBoy :Terrible showing by me. Dismal driving by others and even myself.
And car 45 just seriously WTF! Pinged me into the wall on more then two occasions.

Yeah he seems to think turning 90 degrees in the final corner is a good idea.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :"Someone is trying to jumpstart so i've better to prevent them by turning on them" BlueFlame logic

"Try my hardest to get banned." Koskinen logic.
HOW TO DRAFT WITH 3 CARS
By: Joe Letteriello!

Going down the road

CAR 3 MOVES TO THE LEFT AND GETS INFRONT OF 1

then its

NOW 2 MOVES TO THE LEFT AND GETS INFRONT OF 3

then its 231

NOW 1 DOES THE SAME THING AND WE ARE BACK AT

RINSE AND REPEAT

Quote from BlueFlame :"Try my hardest to get banned." Koskinen logic.

But you aren't really making it any harder as you turning into me is suddenly my fault.
Meh, i missed them all, i think it's dead for me this year
Quote from Yuusei :HOW TO DRAFT WITH 3 CARS
etc.

This isn't the problem imo. The main problem is when there are big packs and everybody tries to pass everybody. Please try and understand that it's not faster to draft with 5 cars compared to 3. If you are in a big pack and not one of the 3 cars that are first in the pack then dont get involved. Just stay behind them in their draft but do not pass them and let them do the work. It's much less risky and saves fuel too I believe. Really, what the f is so hard in that? Driving left isn't rocket science, these races would be much more entertaining for everybody if everybody just stayed cooler and didn't risk so much, at least not when there's zillion laps left in the race.
Quote from reigga : Driving left isn't rocket science, these races would be much more entertaining for everybody if everybody just stayed cooler and didn't risk so much, at least not when there's zillion laps left in the race.

Well said!

Practise session 6: My feeling in the beginning of this race was - lots of drivers closed their eyes, foot to the throttle and just went! If I was in a real car, I would have been afraid for my life, as such, even i, the sim, I was scared and seriously rattled.

About passing - yes, there are exceptions, but - passing on the left hand side is a great idea. Passing on the outside is a bad idea! More than once, I drafted a car, passed on the left, tried to get back on the racing line, only to find someone closing fast on my outside - RESULT - I cannot get back to the line, am on the inside, blocking other cars trying to draft me, all the time wondering what the driver on my outside is going to do. Like one guy, forced me to the centre, passed me on the outside, slammed to the inside, hit me, forced me through the pit lane last night.

About the start of the race - my feeling is a lot of drivers, especially the once that qualified at the back of the grid, want to get to the start of the field in turn 1, driving like mad through the field. You qualified at the back, you deserve to be at the back, at least give the field time to spread out.

And damn - stop asking for permission to chat, do what the hosts says and stay silent during the race and concentrate on the track.
Quote from Jettascuba :And damn - stop asking for permission to chat, do what the hosts says and stay silent during the race and concentrate on the track.

Quote from dekojester :Quit asking for permission to chat, instead set up a whisper in TS to talk to me or the entire race control channel. Tools -> Options -> Whisper Lists. It should be pretty self-explanatory from there. Stop asking for permission to chat just so you can bark at someone...save that until after the race when you've had a chance to review the incident and calm down.

Or even better, hit '$sc' into chat and someone will be with you shortly.
Quote from hyntty :Or even better, hit '$sc' into chat and someone will be with you shortly.

This
Quote from Yuusei :

reading your post reminds me of the style that is a rule on FM servers. however, Kyoto 500 is not a Fragmasters event. Thus we can always after draft go from the outside lane, which is slower.

And that mostly doesnt mean that the inside lane must be free. mostly it is though.

Also, I was a bit disappointed at a few better racers' attitude on this year's practise sessions. It definitely wasn't like this before 09-10's big races.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759

2012 Kyoto 500: Practice Session 9
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG