The online racing simulator
I guess Audi can take the trophy already...
Hoped to see some more interesting LMP1 racing for longer
Only sad in a way that accidents dropped both cars and not other technical issues per se...

Altough #7 seems to have some serious issues now but could be related to the accident.
Quote from TypeRacing :Street car's sales ain't going well.

Not surprised, Peugeot's are shit.

Sad to see the Toyota's out of contention, but I feel content with the Robin Wing getting nerfed into the barriers.
Quote from TFalke55 :Ok. But Kaufmann showed that the regulations can say what they want. I mean he was asked to not race earlier that season in Spa, did not do a single lap at night during the days at LeMans. He did not serve the requirements of being classified "pro" but still was.

It's not like you to talk so much shit Thilo. Kauffman raced at Spa, and did 15 laps over the 3 qualifying sessions last year - otherwise he wouldn't get to race. The only reason his team was in GTE-Pro was to use the latest 458 Italia as it could not be used in the Am category - there are no requirements in order to be in the Pro class, lineups are free.
the petrol privateers could still make the podium, nobody knows what the night will bring, its another 15 hours, lots can happen
Quote from boothy :It's not like you to talk so much shit Thilo. Kauffman raced at Spa, and did 15 laps over the 3 qualifying sessions last year - otherwise he wouldn't get to race. The only reason his team was in GTE-Pro was to use the latest 458 Italia as it could not be used in the Am category - there are no requirements in order to be in the Pro class, lineups are free.

then my sources are horribly wrong sorry
Quote from J@tko :Hahahahaha Marino Franchitti:

Nakajima didn't have very good spatial awareness when he was in F1 and it's clearly not got any better.

Very accurate.

But someone please give me a good reason not to think that that contact was somehow deliberate. Not even Nakajima's lack of brains at handling traffic could cover that crash as an excuse, he had more than enough space to be comfortable with and he still veered into the Deltawing. Pisses me off to see the Deltawing have to retire so early into the race, and specially because of some F1 flop in an Idiyota.
is the delta wing completely out or are they still trying to repair it? They do actually rebuild the crashed Toyota atm, which is quite unbelieveable someone from Toyota said it may run again in the next 2 hours
Quote from ACCAkut :is the delta wing completely out or are they still trying to repair it? They do actually rebuild the crashed Toyota atm, which is quite unbelieveable someone from Toyota said it may run again in the next 2 hours

well, sadly for the Deltawing...
Quote from Senninha25 :But someone please give me a good reason not to think that that contact was somehow deliberate. Not even Nakajima's lack of brains at handling traffic could cover that crash as an excuse, he had more than enough space to be comfortable with and he still veered into the Deltawing. Pisses me off to see the Deltawing have to retire so early into the race, and specially because of some F1 flop in an Idiyota.

RLM speculated that because the Toyota is LHD and the DW is tiny and was on the right, he simply didn't see it.
Quote from DevilDare :For those who missed it.

The medical doctor of Porsche Motorsports, who is mainly working for the FIA at other weekends, said to the German Eurosport crew, that Davidson couldn't be recovered/couldn't recover himself from the car quicker because the hybrid system failed (it should shut down automatically when experiencing unnatural accelerations) and was still running. That's why you see the track workers standing there not doing anything with the car.

Quick check on my picks xD

LMP1 #8 Toyota TS030 (Toyota Racing) - out
LMP1 privateer #17 Dome S102.5 (Pescarolo Team) - far behind due to reparis
LMP2 #31 Lola B12/80 (Lotus Team Kolles) - far behind
LMGTE-Pro #74 Chevrolet Corvette C6.R (Corvette Racing) - far behind due to repairs
LMGTE-Am #99 Aston Martin Vantage GT2 (Aston Martin Racing) - out
What is "sisu"?
That huge accident reminds me of these Mika's words. Ferrari driver knew Ant was there, going for it and he jumped from the tree.

Such a shame that Aston is lacking fuel consumption. I'd really liked them to get back in podium position.
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55
Quote from ACCAkut :They do actually rebuild the crashed Toyota atm, which is quite unbelieveable someone from Toyota said it may run again in the next 2 hours

are you confusing it with the #7
Other Toyota ( #7 ) out of the race too
Quote :Anthony Davidson
Well that was a big one! Lying in a French hospital with a broken back wasn't what I had in mind at this stage in the race...

And yeah, Toyota is now completely out. Such a shame... They really were giving Audi a good run in the first 5 or so hours.

Excellent effort though.
Handshakes in garage, bye Toyota...
Quote from TexasLTU :Handshakes in garage, bye Toyota...

engine failure - no engines left (German Eurosport)
Quote from TFalke55 :engine failure - no engines left (German Eurosport)

Well you can't change the engine during the race anyway.
Lol @ the people on youtube saying it was Davidson's fault

Also:

Quote from Youtube :6.8 on the Webber Scale

From Twitter:

"Anthony Davidson has tweeted from the hospital that he has a broken back from the earlier incident in the No.8 Toyota"

-edit-
Seems it was posted earlier, must have missed it, my bad.
Quote from Agressor :From Twitter:

"Anthony Davidson has tweeted from the hospital that he has a broken back from the earlier incident in the No.8 Toyota"

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1721104#post1721104

I think the tweet is joke/exaggeration:

Anthony Davidson was taken to the circuit medical centre following his accident during the Le Mans 24 Hours. Doctors at the circuit have confirmed that Anthony is suffering from shock and back pain, however there are no signs of any injuries and he is walking and talking with no problems. He will be taken to a local hospital for precautionary checks but the team is relieved and happy to hear he is okay. Further updates will follow in due course.

http://www.toyotahybridracing. ... atement-anthony-davidson/

2012 Endurance Racing (WEC, LMS, ALMS, etc..)
(600 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG