The online racing simulator
Italians don't need mirrors.
Joke aside, I'm glad they're fine. Oh and fantastic racing Audi vs Toyota. Can't wait to see more, get SC out of the way.
That wasn't even about mirrors. The toyota was on the side of the ferrari and the ferrari hit the toyota on its right rear tire. It's like the ferrari driver was watching birds on the far left or something.

I mean it is not easy job to drive that ferrari when the speed differences are that big compared to lmp1 but still that was all on the ferrari driver. Last year when one of the audis was cut short in the early part of the track it was a bit more questionable as that was much more risky move but this one was just amateurish and lack of paying attention.
What a massive shunt into the wall..
Thats a pretty big hit. Bad on the part of the Ferrari.

But damn, that Nissan DeltaWing scared me when I first saw it on track. I saw pictures of it before but I never thought It was actually a race car let alone Le Mans. What class is it running in?
Quote from jrd.racer :What class is it running in?

It's on its own. Apparently track repairs will take until 2105 local (2005 BST, 1305 EST)
It's in its own "New technology" category.
Quote from jrd.racer :But damn, that Nissan DeltaWing scared me when I first saw it on track. I saw pictures of it before but I never thought It was actually a race car let alone Le Mans. What class is it running in?

It is actually classless, part of the garage-56 innovation program. Next year a hydrogen car will drive under that banner.
Classless, though driving on LMP2(ish) pace.
That Ferrari driver is a moron. He acknowledged he saw Ant coming up, but didn't think he was going to pass that quick. Sounded like he doesn't hold himself responsible for the incident.

How is he allowed to race?
The interview on Speed was worse (I mean the driver). He basically said a pass there is impossible and it was the Toyota's fault for even attempting.
Quote from DevilDare :How is he allowed to race?

Ask Robert Kaufmann who got a pro license last year for some strange reason
Quote from TFalke55 : Next year a hydrogen car will drive under that banner.

any info on that? Is it the Mazda?

Quote from DevilDare :How is he allowed to race?

He holds a valid racing licence and runs in the Italien GT championship they said
Quote from deggis :GT-Am.

It needs to be dropped :shhh:

same discussion every time a higher class car ends up in an accident with a slower car.

edit: how did Ordónez end up spinning his car behind the safety car?
Quote from ACCAkut :any info on that? Is it the Mazda?

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/ ... of-the-green-gt-_215.html

Not related to Mazda as far as I know.

Quote from boothy :Clealy you don't understand the regulations if you are posting that...

Ok. But Kaufmann showed that the regulations can say what they want. I mean he was asked to not race earlier that season in Spa, did not do a single lap at night during the days at LeMans. He did not serve the requirements of being classified "pro" but still was.
Hahahahaha Marino Franchitti:

Nakajima didn't have very good spatial awareness when he was in F1 and it's clearly not got any better.

Quote from TFalke55 :
Not related to Mazda as far as I know.

they just have a someone from Mazda on Eurosport who talks about a production based, 2.2 compound turbodiesel engine for the LMP2 class (at least thats what I think he said), so no wankel Apparently those will be factory-raced only in GrandAm and single seaters for the next years
Why no Peugeot?
Economic reasons afaik. Street car's sales ain't going well.
Quote from 91mason91 :Why no Peugeot?

Money savings. Economics and stuff...

Also... Race is over. Toyota still standing in the garage, Audi has it all in their pocket. Quite a pitty about Toyota falling down, it was great racing before.

Btw. there is confirmed comeback of Porsche in LMP1 category in 2014. Can't wait, it will not be all about Audi, but also about Toyota and Porsche. Hopefully.
Also Eurosport talking about Honda wanting to enter into LMP1 aswell.
Quote from 91mason91 :Also Eurosport talking about Honda wanting to enter into LMP1 aswell.

This is probably the same rumor that suggests they would just increase financial support for the current HPD teams (JRM & Strakka) and brand the cars (again, since in ALMS they were Acuras) as Hondas for next year or then more like takeover one of the teams.

Porsche's comeback of course not been a rumor since July... last year, when they made the official announcement.

2012 Endurance Racing (WEC, LMS, ALMS, etc..)
(600 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG