The online racing simulator
Scania Truck Driving Simulator
(47 posts, started )
Im gonna give it a try. I enjoyed EU Truck Sim, but got bored really quickly.
#3 - Omar1
Looks alright, graphics are pretty good.
Yeah not too bad. Pretty much just like EU TruckSim, only thing I couldn't get my pedals to work because I'm using a Leo Bodnar cable which plugs directly into the PC. Wouldn't recognize them.
This looks promising...
It's actually quite alright, though the brakes are still as sharp as ever, and the virtual mirrors are the wrong way
And the annoying steering bug these games are known for has been nipped in the bud it seems, which is good.
18WOS was the best !
Is from SCS software, i'll pass
altough ive driven those in RL, i still like em on pc
testing...

//edit...feels wierd
the trailer doesnt behave as it does in RL (lack of response when steering), the mirrors are terrible and the handling...well that one was to be expected

id take it for free, but no way id buy it...not worth it as of now...maybe if they make some improvements.
That looks great and it is fun But sadly no force feedback for me, no matter what I set in the options. Is it me?
yup its you...loads of ffb here.
FFB here too, although a little vague. Just tested it with the H-shifter and the shifting is awesome, you get to use a "splitter" to use the high range gears
Quote from Xaid0n :It's actually quite alright, though the brakes are still as sharp as ever, and the virtual mirrors are the wrong way
And the annoying steering bug these games are known for has been nipped in the bud it seems, which is good.

Don't know what you mean by the mirrors, they are fine for me but I can't get my FFB to function properly, it has vibration but no damping or centering force at all.

In regards to the physics apart from the braking I'd say they were fairly good, the numbness is generic to trucks because of all the comfort fittings that are applied to modern trucks you don't feel that much when driving them. I enjoyed the old SCS truck games but not enough to buy them, mainly because of the god awful steering physics being all buggy but this SCANIA 'SIM' seems to me to have a very good feeling now with the steering, and with the features in the game such as the dangerous missions I felt it was good enough to buy.
I mean when you're using RHD, the virtual mirrors are for LHD trucks, and the front kerb mirror is also pointed for a LHD truck.

And yes, I'm glad they got rid of that awful steering bug, although going around tight mountainous turns the truck still bounces a little, but it's a massive step up over the last games. 12 speed H-shifting is a great additional feature too. I do wish the FFB was a little more engaging though.
Quote from Xaid0n :I mean when you're using RHD, the virtual mirrors are for LHD trucks, and the front kerb mirror is also pointed for a LHD truck.

And yes, I'm glad they got rid of that awful steering bug, although going around tight mountainous turns the truck still bounces a little, but it's a massive step up over the last games. 12 speed H-shifting is a great additional feature too. I do wish the FFB was a little more engaging though.

Why would you drive RHD????
I'm British?
This game is pure awesome. The handling is excellent, finally it feels like driving a truck! Everything is correct and the challengues are very fun!

A very good improvement from previous SCS games, definetly worth the money!
Quote from Xaid0n :I'm British?

As am I, but the game is based on European road systems, I think either Belgium or Sweden judging by the road markings. So again Why would you drive RHD?
I see Whiskey bought the game too
Quote from BlueFlame :As am I, but the game is based on European road systems, I think either Belgium or Sweden judging by the road markings. So again Why would you drive RHD?

I prefer it lol, makes it more of a challenge and I'm used to it.

Hopefully their next patch isn't too far away so they can fix it, and extend the city environment!
Quote from Xaid0n :

If you already have Euro Truck Sim / German Truck Sim / UK Truck Sim, this mod does a very good job of fixing the steering problem.
Attached files
zgrip_gts_all_trucks_v1.0.rar - 456 B - 171 views
Quote from BlueFlame :I see Whiskey bought the game too

Ou yeah, fell in love with the demo

The thing I like most is the game is fully unlocked for all local players, so I can beat my brother each time he plays hahaha

Physics behavior seems correct, so right that in fact I spend more time driving than going for the record time
It took me some time to get used to the "new" steering on my F510, but now that I'm used to it, it's great... Also, I though it would "last longer"...

E: And one question... Is there only one truck?
Quote from matijapkc :E: And one question... Is there only one truck?

I believe so. Shame really, would have been nice to drive a day cab, as well as the option to change the start time and weather.

(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG