The online racing simulator
Possible Extension for Blackwood
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if it's been discussed before but i'm sure it has. Could Blackwood possibly receive an extension? I was driving the FZR recently at about 1:12:5 each lap roughly, and a thought crossed into my mind when I was approaching the hairpin at turn 1. Maybe there's potential for an extension here.

I just whipped up a quick design on paint. Basically, it continues past the hairpin for a good 200 -300m and then a sort of double apex right hander. Then as you exit there's and immediate tight left hander slightly going down hill into another right hand corner, as you hit the apex here there's a slight incline out of it and then a wide left hand sweep back to the chicane.

This new extension also keeps the original GP layout. Tell me what you think of it. I'm not pushing for it to be developed just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks Guys
Attached images
Blackwood Extension.jpg
Looks interesting but...Not sure to be honest. I mean Rockingham/VWS in the pipeline (Admittedly about 5 years ago-HINT HINT) it'd be good if it could be USER DEVELOPED too. Opensource LFS explodes in different directions.
Alternative blackwood layouts would be very nice, would like alternative westhill layouts more but blackwood would be better for new players.

Not sure open sourcing LFS would work even if the devs where willing, performance suggests the code is hand optimised. I'd love to see the code if not as it does everything faster than equivalent functions with off the shelf libs.
As a bonus it would make the track look like a mermaid (with a small head) lying on her back.
This is just... Awesome!

Also it gives a meaning the roads behind the hairpin, making the track be more realistic

+1
Quote from stan.distortion :Alternative blackwood layouts would be very nice, would like alternative westhill layouts more but blackwood would be better for new players.

Yeah Westhill does need something new, maybe not with the layout itself but things like the environment. Adding a bigger grandstand on the main straight and few smaller ones around the back would be good too.

But as I said, the thought crossed my mind and yeah, quickly whipped something up. I think just adding these extensions and other small things would improve LFS better than having these massive packages. The last one was great (0.6B), don't get me wrong, but I think it's time now were we want to see more smaller patches coming out.

Thanks for the feedback as well guys, much appreciated.
definetly a +1 it looks like an awesome course
Just thought I'd say, I tried to imagine what that would be like to drive and I think you would have a winner there. The flow would feel very nice IMO. Would love to try that someday - maybe someone could mod it into RF2 (hint hint)
Just need something on the other side of the backstraight.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Just thought I'd say, I tried to imagine what that would be like to drive and I think you would have a winner there. The flow would feel very nice IMO. Would love to try that someday - maybe someone could mod it into RF2 (hint hint)

Thanks man, I kinda got inspiration for it from watching the GT1 world championship and some of the circuits they race on.

^ Yeah I was thinking of something Around the back straight as well.
Nice 2 minute scribble in Paint. Plus I want more rallycross.
Attached images
bl1r[1].png
Quote from PMD9409 :Nice 2 minute scribble in Paint. Plus I want more rallycross.

Woah, that's interesting, maybe a bit too much for me, but i'm sure others will like it. Nice flow to it I guess. That rallycross extension is pretty good too.
It was literally just a scribble so who knows it probably sucks.

Plus I'd add some elevation changes to it since it is kinda the "back section". Just having a bit of fun none-the-less. Need to mess around with Westhill.
Phil that sucks
Well then cut the chicane out!

No really I don't care what they do to update this old thing, but I really want some new tracks. Look, I'm desperate, I made up another scribble in a minute!
Attached images
BLchange.gif
Legit.

+1
Yeah that looks better to me, but hey, the devs might just take that first scribble of yours.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG