The online racing simulator
AutoX Compo test
(154 posts, started )
ahhhhh interesting!
Quote from Victor :because the laptime wasn't a pb. Remember it's 1 chart for all allowed cars. Not a chart for every car separately

But, would it be possible to show multiple charts? Like, by car for example?
update - can now race with 2 people at the same time. With a delay that is. The second racer is invited when the 1st has been on the track for 1 minute.

Also some more penalising is added (missing splits or just mocking about / not moving)
Quote from wheel4hummer :But, would it be possible to show multiple charts? Like, by car for example?

i guess so, but that's not the purpose of this particular thing.
bug? i doubt that but happened while on autxcompo.
as the title states, this (screenie) happenend while on the autXcompo server...

what you make of it?

regards
Attached images
err whatever.tif.jpg
you mean the JOOS message?
yup and the "new" blue skin around my carbody.
uhm thats weird... all the mods and stuff make it impossible to see what is actually wanted and what isnt... I guess the blue "shine" around the car (wheels rear) is not wanted?
actually it doesnt look like a screenshot, the car looks like cut with ps :X
it's a screenie...
believe me, sadly i don't seem to be able to reproduce that by any replay.
Anyhow, the blue shine isn't just around the rear wheels, it's around the whole car.
remembers me to cs-times where the teams had been super-lumeniscent colored red/blue and some "hero" was white... pfff.

regards
I got bored of GTI so I changed to GT and realized that the counter of attempts restarted. Maybe it's a bug (?).
I just thought you were so fast that you were going backwards in time

GT doesn't seem to have the pace to match the GTI unfortunately.
Quote from csimpok :I got bored of GTI so I changed to GT and realized that the counter of attempts restarted. Maybe it's a bug (?).

yup, thanks it's fixed now.
btw, i'm looking for a new layout, but with more cones and other movable objects rather than only unmovable barriers. If anyone has a nice one (and where you don't get lost too easily) please contact me.
here comes takumi to my mind...
Quote from Victor :btw, i'm looking for a new layout, but with more cones and other movable objects rather than only unmovable barriers. If anyone has a nice one (and where you don't get lost too easily) please contact me.

I'll have a go.
Quote from Victor :yup, thanks it's fixed now.

Now I think it shows (even now) the attempts since your actual best time was set. For example I did 9 runs with GT after my best GTI time.
I just did some test runs and it works really well.

About the attempts counter: Does it count the attempts overall or only the attempts you did with the current laptime? In my case the counter got reset to one when I did my current pb (2:08.110).

Maybe you can try the autox layout Tweaker did for the MRT5? It's in the lessons directory (AU1_MRT_AutoX_1.lyt).
cheers - I think that layout will do fine for the next test.
Is it possible to let more cars on the track at once? I think the current time interval is too big.
Awesome idea!

In fact we had ideas to do something very similar. ie, setup a layout database, insim program to track position etc, have a dedicated autox server with live stats. Of course there were problems with making things run smoothly so it didn't get too far.

Fortunately, you did it first and so far its turning out great. If there is anyway I can help I will be happy to. One thing I have planned is finishing that Layout Thingy program

Good job again Vic!
another update :

New autox facilities allowed for creation of an un-short-cuttable layout (*). Thanks to this a change to the layout has been made, removing lotsa barriers and smoothing out some corners. And added some movable objects here and there to prevent wall bumping.

Also i decreased the invite interval by 10 seconds, to 50 seconds and allowing for 3 racers on the track simultaneously.

(*) this will be in the next patch, soon to be released in our test section, but we're already using it here on this autox host as it's still compatible with your current Ux version. Scawen will write all about it, so hold your questions please
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
As few setup guidelines:
  • Hybrid tyres
  • Tyre pressure at minimum in the fronts, a little bit more in the rears
  • Full, or almost full, camber on the front tyres, 25-50% less on the rears (just don't give the rears too much grip, or you'll have problems on cornering)
  • Slight toe out for both front and rear tyres. I have a bit more rear toe out
  • Clutch pack at ~75% locking
  • Low and stiff suspension, obviously stiffer at the rear, both in spring strength and ARB
Driving tips:
  • Take it easy, don't overdrive the car
  • Screaming tyres and drifting is SLOW
  • Hug the inside of the corners. Obviously on some places the ideal line dictates that you get away from the inside a bit, but when there's a hairpin and you're not almost touching the barrier on apex (or you don't even see it on your screen), then you went through there wider & slower than necessary
  • It's better to be slow and finish the course than to "push it hard" and end up in a barrier o' doom
With GrantRs permission i can post a set he gave me awhile ago. Im not sure if its the set he used to post the '55 time but I changed the tyres to hybrids and it should be good for a sub 2 minute time with the right driver. It should be as a newbie set.
I've probably made a few tweaks since I gave you that one, sil3ntwar, but the key one being switching to hybrids. Here's the latest version of it, which I did the 55.7 with. Some people like it, some don't. I don't use first gear other than at the start, but that may not be the fastest technique.

I also have Norbi's setup (don't ask me for it, it's not mine to give away), which is pretty different. But it doesn't make me magically faster, it just feels different. Norbi's just a whole lot better than me

The key to driving either setup fast is exactly the same thing as AndroidXP was just mentioning - not overdriving the car! It's like driving typical 5hp indoor gokarts - any significant sideways sliding makes you slow because the vehicle just doesn't have much acceleration to make up for that speed loss. Make sure you slow enough when a tighter corner comes up. You can often accelerate quite hard and early - if you're not mashing your foot entirely down on the throttle. The throttle is analog, not digital, so take advantage of all those in between positions.
Attached files
XF GTI_grant_ax4.set - 132 B - 271 views
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
thx a lot your set just gave me 6! seconds back...

AutoX Compo test
(154 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG