Moniter goes green :(
(15 posts, started )
Hi, just minutes ago, my moniter is displaying a low pixalated green colour. I have tried unplugging and tightening the VGA cable and the power cable for it but those two options have not resolved the problem.

Also, I have just pluged the VGA cable from my pc into the tv and it worked fine, no issues at all. So is this a problem with the graphics card or the pc moniter itself?
I mean I think its a problem with the pc moniter because my graphics card was able to display a good resolution with no issues on my TV...am i right? I dont know.

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Eddy
anyone?
Have you tried a different monitor?
CRT? Used to be a fairly common problem with CRT's around the end of the last millennium, finding someone to fix it could be tricky and to fix it for less than a new flatscreen almost impossible. No reason a flatscreen couldnt have the same kind of trouble though, still uses RGB channels all the way to the panel. If its a flatscreen pull the back off and have a look for dead things and loose connections (especially if it got any kind of hard knock before). Give it a blast out with an airline (canned air is ok, let it dry out for a full day for compressor air) as it could simply be dust buildup. TBH, wouldn't have much hope if its a flatscreen, there are a lot of tricks inside to make them unfixable. Plug it out first etc, if you die painfully its your problem
If you have an AMD card you could try this:

Go to CCC -> My flat panels -> Pixel Format -> Choose Full RGB
Did you use the same cable for the TV?
Could be the cable is just broken and not all the pins get connected anymore.

EDIT: in your first post it seems like you did, but rather be sure.
Quote from lolzol :Did you use the same cable for the TV?
Could be the cable is just broken and not all the pins get connected anymore.

EDIT: in your first post it seems like you did, but rather be sure.

Yes I used the same cable for my tv and no problems at all.
Quote from Whiskey :If you have an AMD card you could try this:

Go to CCC -> My flat panels -> Pixel Format -> Choose Full RGB

I can't see those options on the catalyst control centre
A connector pin might still be broken in your screen's plug.
Try your monitor with a different computer and you'll know immediately if it's your driver/graphics card or your monitor.

Maybe your drivers update "silently"?
Maybe your graphics card got a bit damaged due to excess voltage or just ran out.
Do you have multiple connections on your graphics card?
You could still try using the secondary connection/ DVI, HDMI.

In case it's your monitor, I hope you still have warranty.

(Do flatscreens still do that magnetic thing with the green and purple?)
Quote :(Do flatscreens still do that magnetic thing with the green and purple?)

Just waved a fancy high power magnet at the screen here and made no difference. A friend once left a couple of guitar cab speakers on top of a telly for a mo, had 2 huge purple tits on the screen for about a week after
Quote from stan.distortion :Just waved a fancy high power magnet at the screen here and made no difference. A friend once left a couple of guitar cab speakers on top of a telly for a mo, had 2 huge purple tits on the screen for about a week after

Afaik, you can't just wave a huge magnet over there. It has to be a proper one, usually a simple circle loop AND powered from wall socket. That's what I used to fix my CRT's back in the day.

Also, such fault could easily be GPU related too. Seen plenty of that stuff.

Edit: I've also fixed purple spots with that "reset" kind of thing. I can't recall the name of this process but basically it jitters the screen a bit.
Thanks for all the help guys but for some reason, the moniter has sort of healed itself without me doing anything to it...
Good to hear...
Seems like one of the connector pins just had bad contact.
Would be even better if it wasn't even that.

Have fun with your normal colors
haha will do

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG