The online racing simulator
cancelled
(47 posts, started )
cancelled
Blabla.
I wanna be RD/SC!
Strange to open sign ups so early before the event, I mean most of us don't know what we will do in RL in September and if we register now we could forget about it and plan something else...
Quote from Framaris :Strange to open sign ups so early before the event, I mean most of us don't know what we will do in RL in September and if we register now we could forget about it and plan something else...

Truth, but I thought about directly opening registrations, so we'd surely have enough teams.

And what someone can also do is. Put this event into their calender/agenda so that he/she is sure they can drive.
Heyo, there. Seems to be you copied the rules a bit from the 10h of Kyoto. Next time ask, if you're using my rules!
Another great succes!
This is shaping up to be one fantastic events. Even the mistranslated german bits are still included
Quote from Masterboy19660815 :Heyo, there. Seems to be you copied the rules a bit from the 10h of Kyoto. Next time ask, if you're using my rules!

You weren't online last 2 days on Skype, so I couldn't really ask. Sorry anyways. I just took your document as an example.
Since you want to use the 10H’s race rules and you allow us to discuss it, here are a couples of thoughts:

First I think endurance races above 6h should not use SC as it makes creative strategies pointless, no short stints to try building a gap to allow for the extra pit stop and no long stints to try saving one.. always the boring 1h stints…

Second, using time penalty during the race and SC is hash on the drivers, say that you have 10sec added time penalty and manage to build that gap to win the race, then 10min before the end of the race SC comes out, your effort is reduced to nothing. And also you are resulted to fight time as you have passed the driver 10sec before. As driver I prefer to take a longer DT penalty and get on with my race.

Also when you use multiclass or not and the SC is out, what is the point of letting everyone unlap themselves… In the 10h we’ve seen both GT2 and GT3 being allowed to do so and I couldn’t understand what was the point, without talking about the time it takes to do it…

SC should not be used as an instrument to keep the livestream watchers happy!

My 2 cents…
I could bet we spoke in skype 2 days ago and im only 24/7 in skype on mobile phone, so yeah.

Quote from rockclan :You weren't online last 2 days on Skype, so I couldn't really ask. Sorry anyways. I just took your document as an example.

Would like to be rice director. Love endurance events and I think I can do better that the 10 h of Kyoto by 6 th because you i think that we could make clearer ruleS
If you are interested in advanced website with live results from qualify and race - contact me about 1 month before event.
Is it possible to drive in two different teams? I hope it is!
Quote from Framaris :Since you want to use the 10H’s race rules and you allow us to discuss it, here are a couples of thoughts:

First I think endurance races above 6h should not use SC as it makes creative strategies pointless, no short stints to try building a gap to allow for the extra pit stop and no long stints to try saving one.. always the boring 1h stints…

SC should not be used as an instrument to keep the livestream watchers happy!

My 2 cents…

It doesn't necessarily have to be that way. It's all about the flexibility, which doesn't mean that 1h strategy is a must go.

For example in the 10h race SC came out at 3h51min which means the 77min stints or 58min stints were perfect at that moment, everyone else had to compromise. And you never know when is it going to happen if it happens in the first place. It can easily be after most had done their stops, or in middle of the stints and then you need some real creativity.

If you recall SERT car was stuck in first gear with full throttle without drivers control going all over the place.
Frankly it's not my call to decide should or shouldn't SC be called, but for that situation I think it was a must no matter how long the race was.
From what I read you agree that it is for most part left to luck?
Quote from Kiddow1994 :Is it possible to drive in two different teams? I hope it is!

Yes we do allow drivers to drive in multiple teams.

Quote from misiek08 :If you are interested in advanced website with live results from qualify and race - contact me about 1 month before event.

Thanks, certainly interested.

Quote from Jonathon.provost :Would like to be rice director. Love endurance events and I think I can do better that the 10 h of Kyoto by 6 th because you i think that we could make clearer ruleS

Thanks that's noted. And thanks for making the sign-up document. Would be pleased if you could correctly keep it up-to-date.
I see AS7 is the track. I guess Niki has a big big hand in choosing track
I see a big brand in race name, does that mean there will be some prize included for a winner?
Quote from TexasLTU :I see a big brand in race name, does that mean there will be some prize included for a winner?

As far as it looks now, yes indeed.
Quote from krkriv :I see AS7 is the track. I guess Niki has a big big hand in choosing track

actually it was me and rocky

cancelled
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG