The online racing simulator
Curbs always show wear more because they are usually textured and have lumps and bumps on them, and because the black rubber marks stand out more. See these pictures attached. I think Lynce has it correct. After a good race the track will look less clean because it will have tyre marks on it. You can see in the photos that the curbs are very worn and marked, but the track is very clean and new, and these are after F1 races where the curbs are usually painted just before the race weekend!

A further comment, I think the one thing that is missing from all Hi-res texture packs, is the trees. These always stand out when racing as being the 'weak link' and I think it is great that you are paying attention to them.

I would also like to draw to your attention, the Hi-res adverts that I added to for Fern Bay a while back http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=70874
Attached images
Corbis-42-18510048.jpg
6225578895_c869119267_z.jpg
Quote from dynofiend :Curbs always show wear more because they are usually textured and have lumps and bumps on them, and because the black rubber marks stand out more. See these pictures attached. I think Lynce has it correct. After a good race the track will look less clean because it will have tyre marks on it. You can see in the photos that the curbs are very worn and marked, but the track is very clean and new, and these are after F1 races where the curbs are usually painted just before the race weekend!

A further comment, I think the one thing that is missing from all Hi-res texture packs, is the trees. These always stand out when racing as being the 'weak link' and I think it is great that you are paying attention to them.

I would also like to draw to your attention, the Hi-res adverts that I added to for Fern Bay a while back http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=70874

That is the point. Nice arguments and good documentation to explain it.

News:

All the information on Rp's Blog.

Cheers.
Feelings like in holiday, I like!

1,000th post, o/.
Congratulation to you ;p
And by the way, as allways, MINT!
Those landscapes look great! But I have a little question. The borders on the tops of the landscapes, I think they could be made sharper than that, or is it an intention? Now they look a bit blurred.
Awesome!

One comment though, the boats give the background scale, and they are too big for the distance that they are supposed to be from the track. The boats should be half the size I think? Or not there at all?

Flame - I think the blurring is necessary to get the effect of being in the distance. With a sharp edge the illusion is lost.
I agree with Flame, landscape must be blurry, but bit more flatter.
As always nice textures cant wait for release.
Quote from FireMike15 :Feelings like in holiday, I like!

1,000th post, o/.

Quote from The Very End :Congratulation to you ;p
And by the way, as allways, MINT!

Thank you. As always. Hahahahaha.

Quote from Flame CZE :Those landscapes look great! But I have a little question. The borders on the tops of the landscapes, I think they could be made sharper than that, or is it an intention? Now they look a bit blurred.

Quote from dynofiend :Awesome!

One comment though, the boats give the background scale, and they are too big for the distance that they are supposed to be from the track. The boats should be half the size I think? Or not there at all?

Flame - I think the blurring is necessary to get the effect of being in the distance. With a sharp edge the illusion is lost.

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I agree with Flame, landscape must be blurry, but bit more flatter.
As always nice textures cant wait for release.

The border is a "test".

Why do I made these changes?

I read your comments and I've thought if was possible improve it and I did it.

I will publish the pics with the final landscapes tomorrow.

Thank you very much guys.

Development status of the RP 2012.

I had some troubles with the monitor/screen (yeah, with the time, everything breaks, hehehehehe).

The development is under 40% aprox.

The final product can be released on August probably.

Cheers.

EDIT:

The blurring is not necessary really. When you see a replay with a short camera angle you can see that the trees and the Background(landscape) has a different focus. That looks very unrealistic. A short camera angle is to see objects far of the user.

That is a trouble. You want to have that effect but is not a good idea in all conditions. I though about it seriously but the conclusion is that isn't realistic in all conditions. Obviously is my opinion and I'm not god but I think is best this way.

I'm glad by your suggestions, dynofiend, anyway. It is interesting read and know about all points of view.

Cheers.
Quote from Lynce :

I had some troubles with the monitor/screen (yeah, with the time, everything breaks, hehehehehe).

I am still pro sponsorship.

Make a Paypal account and donate button. (Last time I will suggest )
Quote from cargame.nl :I am still pro sponsorship.

Make a Paypal account and donate button. (Last time I will suggest )

Thank you very much, brother.

News:

More pics and bigger shots on RP's blog.

Cheers.
As allways, nice!
By the way, did you find a way to add more textures / random.. uhm.. grass? Meaning that it is not just the same texture repeated, but actually has some variables?
On picture, see on this lines.
Attached images
IFLLY_bug.jpg
Quote from [Audi TT] :On picture, see on this lines.

I believe that's a problem with the skybox in LFS which isn't a problem of LFS.

I heard it's ATi related, but not sure?
Quote :I heard it's ATi related, but not sure?

I don't know. I use a GeForce GTS 250. Probably, Lynce don't those setting use in "DDS plug-in".
Quote from The Very End :As allways, nice!
By the way, did you find a way to add more textures / random.. uhm.. grass? Meaning that it is not just the same texture repeated, but actually has some variables?

All this time I have worked only on the landscapes. I have a trouble with the screen /monitor and I have stopped the work 3 days. So I haven't worked on the grass. Don't worry I will try another style. I agree with you and Bose.

Thank you as always, brother. I'm very interested in your opinion.

Quote from [Audi TT] :On picture, see on this lines.

Quote from Bose321 :I believe that's a problem with the skybox in LFS which isn't a problem of LFS.

I heard it's ATi related, but not sure?

Quote from [Audi TT] :I don't know. I use a GeForce GTS 250. Probably, Lynce don't those setting use in "DDS plug-in".

No solution. I don't know if it's my graphic card. Ati Radeon Sapphire x1550.

Cheers.
Maybe it's worth testing this across different GPU brands?

I for instance also have those lines on dual ATi 4850's.
Looking good Lynce!
Quote from Bose321 :Maybe it's worth testing this across different GPU brands?

I for instance also have those lines on dual ATi 4850's.

I can't upload this file (21 mb only the landscape). I have a very low connection, so I will want to finish all the work to upload with partner's help.

I'm sorry.

Quote from dynofiend :Looking good Lynce!

Thanks!!

News._

Cheers.
That thing is more highres than the whole LFS carpark put togheter!
Wow!
Quote from Lynce :I can't upload this file (21 mb only the landscape). I have a very low connection, so I will want to finish all the work to upload with partner's help.

I'm sorry.

I didn't mean it like that. I believe it's not relevant to these textures.

When you're releasing stuff keep in mind I'd be happy to give some space over at LFS Database.
Quote from Bose321 :I didn't mean it like that. I believe it's not relevant to these textures.

When you're releasing stuff keep in mind I'd be happy to give some space over at LFS Database.

Thank you, Omar.

All the information on the RP's Blog.

At first I thought I was looking at a real pic Amazing!
good work, I waiting.

The Revolution Pack June 24th, 2010
(496 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG