The online racing simulator
OMG... Tough break for Takuma...
Was tight, was ugly, but Dario was completely fair. Great race though!
DARIO!!!!!!!!!!

Although to be honest, a part of me was wanting Sato to do it, or TK.
Jesus Christ, Sato, Y U NO WAIT.... y so hurry..
Oh man... oh man... oh man... I was dying... tbh great race apart of the flying tyre in the Conway incident... Oh man... oh man... oh man...
Great, great race. Dario gave him the room he needed to and Taku couldn't hold it together. Credit to him for trying it, though... if he'd pulled it off Dario would have had to lift so much that Taku would have almost certainly won it.
Pretty good finish

I was rooting against the Target cars, but they won anyways. Lucky Dario wasn't caught up in Santo's incident on the last lap.

Dario, why don't you ever win the Indy 500 under green flag?
I was literally shaking for the last few laps.
I wasn't...****ing stream kept being a choppy bitch.
Oriol Servia in 4th! Where'd he come from?
Quick photoshop skillz about the race:
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I was literally shaking for the last few laps.

I was shaking 5 minutes after finish. Damn good racing, needs more Indy 500's per year.
Its a Bit unusual for Briscoe to be the Only Penske driver with enough pace for the lead.

bad luck for Sato though, he should of been more patient the win was his.
I think Sato had to go for the lead at that point as he could not afford to lift and if Dario had got onto the back straight ahead then he would have blocked to the flag, so nothing was certain.

I think he tried to take him by surprise and the gamble failed, but you can't fault him for trying.
It sucks for Sato but I'm sure many drivers would prefer to crash going for an Indy 500 victory than to finish second without taking a shot at the win.

That said, I think he could've been a bit more pacient and passed Dario a bit later the lap.
Quote from Kid222 :I was shaking 5 minutes after finish. Damn good racing, needs more Indy 500's per year.

Wait... I thought you weren't too much of a fan of oval racing?
Quote from Cornys :Wait... I thought you weren't too much of a fan of oval racing?

Depends on the event and my current mood.:beady:
But one does not simply miss Indy 500. And the finish was just staggering.
Quote from Kid222 :Depends on the event and my current mood.:beady:
But one does not simply miss Indy 500. And the finish was just staggering.

Ah, I see . Glad to know that most people don't totally reject oval racing anyways
I think it is more because of Indy not being a typical oval - It was part of the F1 World Championship and it is one of Motorsport's triple crown races.
Quote from TFalke55 :I think it is more because of Indy not being a typical oval - It was part of the F1 World Championship and it is one of Motorsport's triple crown races.

It still races like an oval though and acts like an oval. Like I said, I'm just glad that people don't reject oval racing entirely, even if it is only for the Indy 500.

People still do reject the Brickyard 400 though, and all the IndyCar oval races other than Indy.

I'm just glad that one time a year people accept an oval race
After watching the race on tape, my biggest impression is that I find Ashley Judd incredibly annoying. Also, the announcers say really, really stupid things.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :After watching the race on tape, my biggest impression is that I find Ashley Judd incredibly annoying. Also, the announcers say really, really stupid things.

Quote from Cornys :Marty Reid is commentating still!? Just Great

I don't understand why he is still around. The other's didn't do too bad of a job from what I could tell though, but I have a habit of blaming him when I hear anything stupid when he's a part of the commentating crew.
Quote from Cornys :It still races like an oval though and acts like an oval. Like I said, I'm just glad that people don't reject oval racing entirely, even if it is only for the Indy 500.

People still do reject the Brickyard 400 though, and all the IndyCar oval races other than Indy.

I'm just glad that one time a year people accept an oval race

Well Iowa is sold out every year iirc
Quote from JackDaMaster :Well Iowa is sold out every year iirc

I'm refering to the road racing crowd. I know IndyCar oval races usually do draw decent crowds, but I was under the asumption that most road racing fans refused to watch any oval races seriously.

Maybe that's what they want me to think..
The 2 aren't exclusive, I watch both road and oval and absolutely enjoy both, I'm sure plenty of people do.

2012 IndyCar Series
(957 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG