The online racing simulator
Rac GTR (in s3 please :P)
(70 posts, started )
A race version of the LX4 would fit well with the UFR/XFR, I verified this the slick mod.

A race version of the LX6 would fit well with a race version of the RAC. Allow only ground-effects for down force and it would be a great middle ground between the UFR/XFR and the GTR class.

The RBR needs to be in a class of its own or grouped some new cars that serve as both Rally and Tarmac racers, more of a Saloon class at about the same performance level as the race versions as the LX6/RAR.

The DP1 is in a class by itself. More akin to a small prototype then anything else.

Running them all on the same track at the same time would make for some great multi class action. This of course is a request for the Dev's so code a multi class race functionality akin to what the CTRA has done. Hint Hint.

As for yet another version of the XR, please for the love of all that is great about LFS do not build yet one more version of a car that is already overused. I would rather see a new base car with a race variant like a small RF roadster with perfect weight balance and double wishbone suspension perhaps with a S/C?
Quote from Gimpster :A race version of the LX4 would fit well with the UFR/XFR, I verified this the slick mod.

A race version of the LX6 would fit well with a race version of the RAC. Allow only ground-effects for down force and it would be a great middle ground between the UFR/XFR and the GTR class.

I agree with this, however I don't believe LX with slicks needs aero as those 2 cars are so well balanced, it's just a beauty.
Slickmod nade me love the LX more then ever before.

I think I'd prefer them without areo, as it still takes skill to drive (something aero can "break" [see gtr on pub]).
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This is why...

These ugly open cockpit prototypes will be history from 2010 on ACO is planning new Le Mans rules, specifics are still unknown but they must be closed cockpits and it will replace the current LMP1 class.

This "Corvette" is a complete mockup made by ACO from the press conference in June but I guess it gives a good idea what to expect... the second coming of mid/late 90's GTP/GT1 classes.
Attached images
Corvette GTP Concept.jpg
Wowy!

That is a pretty awsome drawing and probably a pretty awsome car if it was made.

Hope they do make something like that.

Savan
Alive Ghost
Quote from Ts-020 :here i show us my design of the New rac GTR
isnt a race car just a big road car like f430, audi r8

if i have time i will make it in 3d

Anyone else think that this should be sent off to the raceabout designers? That genuinely is the sexiest thing I've ever seen

I mean-TALK ABOUT DEVOTION TO A CAR

Pure love for it.
You realise this thread is nearly 5 years old, right?
Wow, people been expecting S3 since 2007..
Quote from Khann :You realise this thread is nearly 5 years old, right?

The RAC GTR would still be awesome to have though.
along with the fable LX8 yeah :P
Developers, you are f'ing ridiculous!
this drawing looks awesome, i like the car design (it have included some sports details but still overall line of the car is very clean like "simple and beauty") but this car with design like that suggest it cannot be a GTR and its hard to find any class for it, maybe your design will be good together with scirroco or sth.
Quote from luki97 :this drawing looks awesome, i like the car design (it have included some sports details but still overall line of the car is very clean like "simple and beauty") but this car with design like that suggest it cannot be a GTR and its hard to find any class for it, maybe your design will be good together with scirroco or sth.

What is the exact reasoning behind this performance prediction from esthetic evidence?
Quote from Ts-020 :here i show us my design of the New rac GTR
isnt a race car just a big road car like f430, audi r8

if i have time i will make it in 3d

nice
i want bmw m3
Quote from Breizh :What is the exact reasoning behind this performance prediction from esthetic evidence?

I sayed that I dont think this car can compete with FXR, XRR, or FZR in same race. This car design for me suggest it should be in car class something between hm... lotus evora and lambo gallardo. It just look like road supersport's car but this still isn't a race car, its like comparing which car will make faster lap- stock lambo gallardo or race prepared Aston DBR9 from Le Mans. Both have 550-600hp but horsepower is not everything. Of course both are competitive (maybe) in a drag race but not in a full race track lap.
Quote from luki97 :I sayed that I dont think this car can compete with FXR, XRR, or FZR in same race. This car design for me suggest it should be in car class something between hm... lotus evora and lambo gallardo. It just look like road supersport's car but this still isn't a race car, its like comparing which car will make faster lap- stock lambo gallardo or race prepared Aston DBR9 from Le Mans. Both have 550-600hp but horsepower is not everything. Of course both are competitive (maybe) in a drag race but not in a full race track lap.

What exactly in the picture gives any definitive information about the hardware underneath the bodywork? The FXR and FZR are based on two cars from production performance classes about as different as an Evora and Gallardo.

LFS is free from any such obligations to conform to the economic realities of real production/race cars. The class that'd most benefit from an RAC-GTR is the FZR/FXR/XRR class. Currently there is no mid-engined model in that class. The unfortunate detail is that it would probably be yet another 4 cylinder powered model. LFS really needs to break out of that... obsession or whatever it is, with freakin four cylinder engines. /4 banger rant

Rac GTR (in s3 please :P)
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG