The online racing simulator
EBU Eurovision Song Contest 2012 / UER Grand Prix Eurovision de la chonson 2012

Just days away from the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 also know as Grand Prix Eurovision de la chanson in French and German speaking countries. It is in fact the biggest non-sporting event in the world. The second semi-final is tonight to fill the 10 spots left in the competition.

Starting order
  1. United Kingdom
    Engelbert - Love will set you free
  2. Hungary
    Compact Disco - Sound of our hearts
  3. Albania
    Rona Nishliu - Suus
  4. Lithuania
    Donny Montell - Love is blind
  5. Bosnia and Herzegovina
    MayaSar - Korake ti znam
  6. Russia
    Buranowskije Babuschki - Party for everybody
  7. Iceland
    Gréta Salóme & Jónsi - Never forget
  8. Cypres
    Ivi Adamou - La la love
  9. France
    Anggun - Echo (You and I)
  10. Italy
    Nina Zilli - L'amore è femmina (Out of love)
  11. Estonia
    Ott Lepland - Kuula
  12. Norway
    Tooji - Stay
  13. Azerbaijan
    Sabina Babayeva - When the music dies
  14. Romania
    Mandinga - Zaleilah
  15. Denmark
    Soluna Samay- Should've known better
  16. Greece
    Eleftheria Elefttheriou - Aphrodisiac
  17. Sweden
    Loreen - Euphoria
  18. Turkey
    Can Bonomo - Love me back
  19. Spain
    Pastora Soler - Quédate conmigo
  20. Germany
    Roman Lob - Standing still
  21. Malta
    Kurt Calleja - This is the night
  22. Mazedonia
    Kaliopi - Crno i belo
  23. Ireland
    Jedward - Waterline
  24. Serbia
    Željko Joksimović - Nije ljubav stvar
  25. Ukraine
    Gaitana - Be my guest
  26. Moldova
    Pasha Pafeny - Lăutar
Several contries did not participate this year. Andorra withdrew from the EBU due to financial problems, Poland focuses on the UEFA EURO 2012 and the London Olympics 2012 and Czech Republic didn't state why they are not particiapating.
Morocco, Luxembourg and Monaco are likely to return to the competition in future. Lichtenstein is rumoured to have it's debut soon.

Most remarkably is the withdraw from Armenia. Armenia fears possible risks for the competitior and Armenian media representants.

This leads to the dark side of this event. There has been much criticism around this ESC due to circumstances of the building of the ESC Arena as well as due to the administration. The BBC aired a 28minute investigative film called Eurovision's dirty secret.
#2 - J@tko
Quote from TFalke55 :
Poland focuses on the UEFA EURO 2012 and the London Olympics 2012

Or are they actually all plumbers and so the entire country is currently fitting toilets to all the stadia?
Babushkis will win.
Didn't even know about that until I accidentally saw Russia's entry on TV. That is awesome.
I like the Greek girl who so openly shows her underwear
Quote from KiRmelius :saw Russia's entry on TV. That is awesome.

+1
I also hope that estonia will get into the finals, semi-finals in 15 minutes
Lithuania is forever perspective as always, probably won't get through semi-finals; therefore endless tears in local media
OMG

More c#@p bands who will never get anywhere other than 15 min of fame on Eurovision.

There are lots of bands who do awesome music, then there's Eurovision.

Was there ever a time when it wasn't c#@p ?

Like, where's the dancing dog, that seems to be the latest 'must win' in these things ?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/ente ... 119&objectid=10805791
ABBA sure had 15 minutes of fame...racer is full of shit as always. btw its eurovision...imo there are few decent songs this year.
indeed, not my type of music usually, but i really liked Slovakia.
Quote from -NightFly- :eurovision...

Well that doesn't mean a thing. Again Morocco is considered of joining the Eurovision Song Contest. Eurovision is just the name of coproduction programs of several full EBU members. The majority of the Mediterranean Sea states are members and could run a ESC campaign.
Quote from TexasLTU :Lithuania is forever perspective as always, probably won't get through semi-finals; therefore endless tears in local media

Gratz
so what's happened? Forgot about it. Where's the half naked Greek girl? Who won?
Quote from TFalke55 :Well that doesn't mean a thing. Again Morocco is considered of joining the Eurovision Song Contest. Eurovision is just the name of coproduction programs of several full EBU members. The majority of the Mediterranean Sea states are members and could run a ESC campaign.

still doesnt mean that he gets to have an oppinion on the most fun terrible music competiton there is
at least not until in about 5 years time when australia and nz will become eurovision members
Lucky enough didn't broke his spine during backflip, and yes he will participate in finals.
Quote from Shotglass :still doesnt mean that he gets to have an oppinion on the most fun terrible music competiton there is
at least not until in about 5 years time when australia and nz will become eurovision members

Australia and New Zealand have asscociated member stations to the EBU and could watch their coverage^^ That's why the EBU was such an interesting partner for the IOC and the FIA WRC now.
#20 - CSF
How many points will dear old Engelbert get?
Estonia is 11th with "Ott Lepland - Kuula"
updated the starting line-up in the opening post
Quote from J@tko :

Or are they actually all plumbers and so the entire country is currently fitting toilets to all the stadia?

That's just ignorance and racism, not all Polish people are plumbers, a lot of them are dock workers and plasterers too.
Quote from J@tko :

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :That's just ignorance and racism, not all Polish people are plumbers, a lot of them are dock workers and plasterers too.

I must have played to many video games... I thought all plumbers were Italian
I watched the video for Greece's entry and was quite disappointed to notice that the girl doesn't reveal nearly as much skin as inferred from some comments in this thread.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG