The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
A pyramid scheme is along the lines of -

You are in a line of work (most commonly sales), you pay for all your training and you only make money from what you sell and whatever you sell, the person who introduced/trained you gains a percentage of all the money you make as well as what they are making for themselves and in turn the person above them gets a percentage of whatever THEY are making until it reaches the top of the 'pyramid' and the pilot/captain receives money effectively from all the other peoples hard work.
Quote from anttt69 :1. The more you buy the higher the % discount.
2. 100%ers get benefits & discounts that others do not.
3. You will miss out on big events if you dont own certain content. Pressurising you to buy more.

Where are you in iRacing pyramid? or should i say how gullible are you?

@ news: Another project they are working on hmmm haven't heard that before.

Do you have a ****ing clue what a pyramid scheme actually is, or did you just see it on an episode of two and a half men and assume it was a valid insult to iracing?

Anyway, for such a hatred you seem to take such an interest in iRacing. Let me ask you, how gullible are you, how much content do you have? I'm betting 'lots and bitter'.
before 2 years played iracing, anything new? still same price?
Monday: V8 gets NTM and IndyCar gets draft updates.
Quote from PMD9409 :Monday: V8 gets NTM and IndyCar gets draft updates.

:O Un amused about the V8 getting the NTM lets hope its not ice skating like the Cadi....i seriously have nfi what the Cadis doing even with FFB up.

Also unamused that some dick a lap down was blocking me while i was racing for the win. Seriously if your a lap down and there are 3 laps left GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY! Such a dick move.
Quote from DeKo :Do you have a ****ing clue what a pyramid scheme actually is, or did you just see it on an episode of two and a half men and assume it was a valid insult to iracing?

Yes i do but this isnt the type of pyramid your thinking of. If you have a degree in business studies then feel free to tell me how it is, if not **** off you arrogant ****.
Quote from anttt69 :Yes i do but this isnt the type of pyramid your thinking of. If you have a degree in business studies then feel free to tell me how it is, if not **** off you arrogant ****.

Nope, I chose a degree which is actually useful. You also don't see the irony in telling me my opinion doesn't matter if I don't have that particular degree, then calling me arrogant?

By the way, despite your degree, you clearly don't know what a Pyramid Scheme is, and have no idea how iRacing is run. You know that iRacing runs at a pretty significant loss, and only sustains itself through John Henrys investment? Pretty shitty Pyramid scheme they have running. In fact, it doesn't sound anything even remotely similar to a Pyramid scheme. Funny that.

Lets pick this apart, and why you think it's a Pyramid.

1. The more you buy the higher the % discount.

Economies of scale, like everything else on the planet?

2. 100%ers get benefits & discounts that others do not.

A service which didn't encourage you to buy it would be a bit of a waste of time. It is exactly what it says it is, a discount for customers who have rented the most cars and tracks. I really don't see a legality issue with this.

3. You will miss out on big events if you dont own certain content. Pressurising you to buy more.

If you don't buy a ticket to a football match, you miss out on that event, too. There's no more pressure than any other service, it's just a fact of life. What do you want, them to give you the Indy car and Indianapolis for free just because they have a special event running?

So, where is your reason to assume that iRacing are running an illegal Pyramid scheme? And what did you learn while you were supposed to be studying Business? You didn't make yourself very clear, I'm just assuming you were boasting about a degree by the way, if you don't have this Business Studies degree you were boasting about, then let me educate you. A Pyramid Scheme is an illegal scheme where there are no products or services, just rewards for making more people join. iRacing actually does provide a service, and basically products to rent, so I really can not see where you think they have something like this running or why you're the first person to notice.

I'l give you that I was under the impression that a Ponzi scheme was a Pyramid scheme, which I'm slightly wrong about. Although now knowing the difference, I would say that iRacing was far closer to a Ponzi than a Pyramid, even though it is clearly neither.
Quote from anttt69 :Yes i do but this isnt the type of pyramid your thinking of. If you have a degree in business studies then feel free to tell me how it is, if not **** off you arrogant ****.

Well what other kinds of pyramids are there?

Also, in other news:

Click on the picture.
I clicked on the pic, but nothing happened.

Quite big brake force though.
I don't think that is a brake force.
Quote from PMD9409 :I don't think that is a brake force.

There protruded the top of the pyramid.
Quote :This evening just prior to the time of the week changeover, we will activate updates for two cars.

Ford Falcon V8 Supercar

We have taken the time to overhaul this car with the New Tire Model, and to bring many parts of it's modelling up to latest techniques. The results have been good enough that even real drivers Shane Van Gisbergen and Scott McLaughlin, who have been providing us with a lot of vital testing and tuning feedback, are very happy with the car now, and so we wanted to bring it to you early instead of waiting another couple of months for Season 3.

- Updated to use the New Tire Model.

- Suspension modelling has been improved. Especially improved is how the whole rear axle behaves. This may also have been the source of the occasional launch into the sky bug. The front suspension can now have it's roll center height adjusted.

- Reworked aerodynamics with our latest aero techniques and with latest data.

- Rear wing is now adjustable.

- Changed most setup items to default to metric sizes, including springs and bars.

- Alterations to the anti-roll bar stiffnesses and motion ratios. Also more rear size options are available.

- Cleaned up unnecessary stuff from the garage, such as antiroll bar arm length adjustment.

- Limit steering ratio to 10:1 minimum.

- Engine torque and efficiency revisions.

- Reduced drafting strength and length.

- Improved collision definitions for better 4x behavior.

- Updated iRacing setups.

Dallara IndyCar

- Updated ground collisions to not damage the engine so easily.

- Updated the 4x collision thresholds.

- Improved side to side drafting behavior at Indianapolis.

Will happen with week change.
iRacing are trolling, update has been ****ed up, no NTM for some reason. Man they really do know how to **** stuff up, they never manage anything they say.

Saying that, I have done a few laps now and it's magic, seems like really it is the NTM. The forums go a bit mental sometimes.
Didn't your parents tell you it's not nice to swear.
Chuck Norris
Quote from Sobis :Do NOT put iRacing pages, we cannot access them.

It's just some dude called Chuck Norris' profile.
Have anyone tried the new V8SC yet? It's actually a pretty decent improvement over the OTM. The default (baseline) setup is still really shit, but I used the rough track setup and it was actually much better. I was able to floor the throttle on corner exit without spinning out like it used to. Not bad I have to say.
Some interesting feedback:

Quote from Scott T McLaughlin :
Hey guys,

Firstly if your complaining, harden up its exactly how it handles in real life pretty much to the T. So I guess you better not drive this car..

Throughout testing we used the Motec Data Analysis system for iRacing to know exactly what throttle percentage we used in real life, brake pressure, steering angle even how much mid corner and top speed we had in real life. The tyre degradation was a hard one but we got that sorted and its safe to say with the final product that has been released it does everything the SAME, honestly everything.

Its honestly for most of you its gonna take some time to get used to. The set up window will be narrower but just give it time and I'm sure you all will like it...

Big thank you must go out to you guys for waiting so long for it, but the longer we worked on it the better it got, it wasn't like the guys at iRacing didn't work on it at all, it was because it was that bloody hard to find the sweet spot with the different physics settings, aero changes etc etc. So thank you for waiting so long but this I think will change the game in the case of the V8SC online series...

Also I think most of you guys need to thank a guy named Eric Hudec. He spent countless hours with me and Shane sorting this out, he was absolutely gobsmacked about how little grip it had but he continued to work with us to make it as real as possible! So I think he needs a big shout out.

But yeah really guys myself, Shane and all the guys at iRacing hope you enjoy it, i'm sure you will see a lot more V8 Supercar drivers coming on with this NTM and if we get Bathurst jeez louise you'll get sick of us!! haha

Thanks for the patience and happy racing..

Scott.

http://forums.overclockers.com ... 400446&postcount=7983
Quote from Rainey :After a reasonably good go on the v8 last night I have to say I'm very impressed with the NTM. It has the best feel of any of the NTM cars I've tried. That line between grip and slip is like day and night now, it feels very realistic to be able to power out of a corner without having the tail whip happening every time, but it will catch you out if you're aggressive. I can see why Shane and Scott have given this update the go ahead! It is still a thrill to drive and quite difficult but all the time I've spent learning the car on the OTM is still worthwhile, unlike the transition from the Star Mazda OTM to NTM.

Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Peasants can't.

Today i renewed my iR subscription as i was away from it for far too long. Hopped in to this Caddy and wow, what a car to give away for free. Still learning it and having a few incidents at Infineon but this has become my favourite combo so far!
The Caddy is awesome. Its all Ive driven since S2.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG