The online racing simulator
Team Vires
(324 posts, started )
Two podiums in as many races for Team Vires
29th March 2012

The first came in the exciting new series from Genuine Racing at South City Long Reversed with the GT1 cars, where Sean Williams scored a 3rd place on his return to GT1 racing after a long period without driving the cars. Sean drove a brilliant race, chasing Dennis Lind across the line and fighting well with Evo Racing drivers at the start.

The second came after a long battle at Westhill International Reversed in the GT3 Touring Car Cup where Pierre Peron and James Peace finished second after 3 hours despite a huge lag hit whilst fighting for the lead which turned the 05 Vires car around and into the wall at 225kph close to the two hour mark. Having started from Pole, Peron saw off the intentions of those around him to remain in the lead for most of the hour before a series of mistakes demoted him to 6th. Peace then took over the car and made good progress and within an hour was right on the tail of the leading CoRe Racing XRR, but was to suffer the lag hit which plummeted the car down to 12th. A mission to get back to the top 5 for points sake was then embarked upon by Peace who moved up to 4th before 3rd and 2nd placed Savage SimSports and SpdoRacing collided just half a car length in front of him and opened the door for 2nd place. The good haul of points keeps the 05 car in the hunt for the championship. Tamás 'skyline_TOmy' Csáki made his Team Vires debut in the number 21 car along with Team Rock Racing rookie Joakim Rognlien which, due to the severe misfortunes of the number 16 cars drivers Przemek Wdowiarz and Jere Heiskanen, finished a high 14th place, beating the 16 car.

Team Vires move into Easter focusing on the next round of the GT3 Touring Car Cup, the long awaited start of the GT2 World Series and a continuing participation in Genuine Racing's GT1 Championship, and wishing everyone a happy Easter!
Gratz
Well done Vires, and gogo Joakim!
Quote from vipex123 :
Solid performances for Vires at Fern Bay

8th February 2012.

Stunning Skins! Well done
Vires takes championship battl ... round with strong victory
27th April 2012

On the 21st of April, it was time for the second last round of the GT3 Touring Car Cup 2012 season, 4 hours of Fern Bay. Vires once again would have 3 cars on the grid, #05, #16, #21 with #05 on pole and battling for the championship only 19 points behind the leader, spdoRacing and Genuine Racing 15 points ahead in the second place in standings.

Race start was a mess, with Miro in #05 having a collision with GTS leading to a Safety Car, which allowed Miro to fix the damage he got and not to lose lap or two to the leaders. Right after the restart there was another Safety Car. After the 2nd restart Miro proved to be the fastest on the track by almost a second, passing cars after another. After 30 minutes into the race Beniamin in #16 was in 3rd place and Támas for #21 in 5th place and Miro in 6th place 20 seconds behind leaders and just behind Támas. Soon Miro would have overtaken both Ben and Támas ready to start catching the leaders. Miro succesfully finished his stint in first place, followed by Ben and Támas.

Read the rest on our website www.teamvires.org
Great driving the Vires! Good Luck for future
Successful year and a half for Team Vires
17th May 2012.

Team Vires capped their successful run in this season's GT3 Touring Car Cup by Revolutionary Racing scoring their 4th podium from 6 rounds and taking 6 poles from 12 opportunity - scoring the most poles of the season from the highly competitive championship - and finishing 3rd overall from Genuine Racing and spdoRacing. In the final round, despite 6 hours of hard racing, the top 3 were separated by a mere 5.68 seconds and the front two crossed the line with 0.05 separating the two! The final round was a testament to the fierce competition showed throughout the competition and gives the Vires boys confidence ahead of the GT2 World Series season and future GT championships. With the 05 car finishing in 3rd only a handful of points behind despite a DNF at midway through the series, car 16 finished inside the top 5 after a consistently impressive run from the developing team and car 21 scoring a couple of top 10 finish's towards the end of the season including Tamas Csaki's podium finish in round 5. Congratulations to Genuine Racing for the championship victory and spdoRacing for some intense fights throughout the season.

In other news James Peace has taken the initial lead of the standings in the Original Live For Speed League from Tortoise to Hare taking 2nd in the Sprint race and winning the main race by over 5 seconds. Also a mixed GT2 World Series round at Blackwood Reversed saw Matias Pikkarainen make his debut for the team, driving a solid stint from 4th to 3rd in his first hour before James Peace took over and was running inside the top 6 before a time out and flip ended his race (damn it James). In the Am class Przemek Wdowiarz and Beniamin Kalicki made great progress to be leading the Am class right up until the very last corner when a flatspot caused their car to leave the track and threw away victory - therefore crossing the line 2nd in class. Both teams head to round 2 with renewed motivation and a desire to gain podiums in both classes. Also, late news but Team Vires finished 11th overall in GT3 Super GT Series despite joining late in the season and having a series of disappointing rounds, but this taste of top level competition has given us all motivation and enabled us to focus on more top level competition in the future. Thanks to all racers and organizers!
Quote from vipex123 :
car 16 finished inside the top 5

Hate to say this, but i'm afraid they didn't. At least arco told me that if we (#17) finish in front of you (#16) - we get 5th in overall.

Anyway nice job in all season. You guys were steady and competative all season long. Congrats with that
Waiting for Official results then.. great job from you too anyway.
I'd personally like to thanks Krasi, sascha, Fade, momo and Kristi for the great battles we've had in SGT and GT3TCC. I've (or vires overall) had such close finishes with Krasi, close battles throughout with stints with everyone and just epic battling with such little gaps. It's been wonderful. Thanks guys.
it would appear that Savage would beat you guys, but I have to crunch the numbers once I finish this football tournament and finish my school work. I would expect results and points to be out late next week.
Quote from Hahmo :Waiting for Official results then.. great job from you too anyway.
I'd personally like to thanks Krasi, sascha, Fade, momo and Kristi for the great battles we've had in SGT and GT3TCC. I've (or vires overall) had such close finishes with Krasi, close battles throughout with stints with everyone and just epic battling with such little gaps. It's been wonderful. Thanks guys.

Definitely! I like to make ppl's hair wait until finish. *if you know what i mean* I hope we will make this once again somewhere
well done guys glad to see everyone is doing well. hopefully back in business asap
ThxVires for great battle in GT3TCC (with genR). That makes this season enjoyable finally
Vires Hamster.
12th June 2012

A mascot for many weeks, died today. kinkku or "ham" to his friends, was dearly loved by all here at Team Vires and will be soarly missed by the entire team. Despite our ups and down with Kinkku we will all remember him for his amazing sense of humour, heroic bravery and love of gooby comics. Rest in peace dear friend, we don't know how we will fare as a team without you.

From us all.
Attached images
Vireshamster.JPG
Oh my lovely hamster.. why did you pass away..
R.I.P kinkku a.k.a Ham
R.I.P. kinkku
my mouse is very sad after hearing this news
R.I.P kinkku a.k.a Ham
-
(xtraction) DELETED by xtraction : .

On Tuesday 19th June 2012, Team Vires successfully completed a merge with Call of Duty 4 team called Team WiK3D, which consists of an American and European squad which hope to evolve and grow together as the Live for Speed squad has done over the past year and a half. Initially, the summer is dedicated to practice for the guys as they continue to evolve and improve their skills to play as a team before entering various tournaments as the summer draws to a close...
link to the full article here...
Further mixed fortunes for Team Vires in GT2 World Series
8th August 2012.

Another round of mixed fortunes for Team Vires passed at the latest round of the GT2 World Series at the demanding Westhill International. Mirroring previous rounds, both cars had the pace to win and finish highly in their respective classes but bad luck hit both as it did at Fern Bay Black, the previous round. With both classes qualifying out of place, 9th and 19th for Pro and Am, both Matias Pikkarainen and Piotrek Krzyżanowski made excellent starts - by the end of lap 1 Pikkarainen was 5th, challenging 4th and Krzyżanowski was 9th about to pass 8th. However, whilst Pikkarainen quickly moved past 4th placed BAZINGA Team and chased Genuine Racing for 3rd, Krzyżanowski produced a fantastic stint to climb as high as 6th before the end of his stint, leading the Am class.

From there it went downhill for the Am class, with the Safety Car coming out at a very bad time for the setup they were running, new recruit Łukasz Paszczyk struggled throughout the remainder of the stint with tyre temp and was subsequently pushed off the track by another driver, which was recognised as a racing incident post race. Meanwhile in the Pro car, Sean Lyddon produced one of his best stints since returning to Vires to hold off the interests of Simon Cattell and Krasmir Ivanov despite both being a little faster and slightly more robust than the Vires driver. At the end of his stint, Lyddon had successfully caught back the time lost during a Drive Through Penalty to be within 1 second of 2nd placed CoRe Racing.

Entering the 3rd and final hour, James Peace took over the Pro car whilst Krzyżanowski returned to the Am car only to suffer further bad luck with a mix up of communication resulting in the Am car and a few other cars colliding causing massive damage and overheated tyres, which dropped the Am car out of contention for a strong finish. Meanwhile, Peace was reaping the benefits of Lyddon's strong stint to pass Meriluoto in the pits and to come out of the pits only a few seconds down the road from CoRe and GenR. It was then a case of stalking GenR after Peace quickly passed the struggling CoRe car of Axel Falck. At around 20mins left of the race, Peace passed ex-Vires driver Klaidas Gasiunas, now in the Genuine Car, for 2nd place and stayed there til the finish. The strong result in Pro sets the car up for its aimed top 5 finish in the championship as both teams set off to South City Long on 1st September looking for their début win!

Also a very warm welcome to our newest singing Marek Jagiello!
Nice write up!

Good luck to Vires, and grats on the newest member.
Quote from vipex123 :
Also a very warm welcome to our newest singing Marek Jagiello!

Thats it?

E: Also congratulations for your new team, Marus!
We use Facebook more than LFS Forum now Joonas, a whole welcome and write up was there

Less trolls on Facebook.
Great driver , gl.

btw. where is Matias(Mäki) ?
Long time didnt see him
Quote from undertaker00 :
btw. where is Matias(Mäki) ?
Long time didnt see him

He plays PS3 (with me sometimes )

BTW Good Luck Vires!!!

Team Vires
(324 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG