The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Series 2012: Round 6 Discussion
SEASON FINALE!

Round 6 is the Japanese Grand Prix, taking place at Kyoto National Reversed (KY2R)

The race will be 40 laps in length, with one bonus lap added for the formation lap.

Race date, 13 May 2012.

Timetable:

12 May 2012 @ 17:20 UTC: Entries locked; no additions, edits, or deletions to a team roster from this point until 1 hour after the event concludes, for accuracy of eligible entrants and other necessary configurations.

13 May 2012:

15:20 UTC: Confirmation of team's race roster deadline

17:20 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

Qualifying Group 1 [TBD] (Main Server => NDR.LFSCART Light)
TBD

Qualifying Group 2 [TBD] (Spare Server => NDR.LFSCART Light 2)
TBD
Quote from dekojester :Points updated following Round 5.

Three drivers mathematically eligible for the title (53 points on offer).

Teemu Suninen is 50 points back, for him to win he must:
1. Win
2. Mathias Wentjarvi must finish no better than 5th (Teemu would win the tiebreaker in the event of a tie)
3. Joe Holmes must not score.

Mathias Wentjarvi is 30 points back, for him to win he must:
1. Win and get either bonus awarded
3. Joe Holmes must finish no better than 10th (Joe would win any tiebreaker)

Joe Holmes leads, he wins the title if he finishes 10th or better AND picks up either bonus award.

My3id Gaming lead the Team's Championship by 1 point over CoRe Racing 2. No other teams are mathematically eligible (93 points available)

The Owner's Cup mirrors the driver's championship should the three drivers keep their same numbers they've used the rest of the season.

The Nation's Cup is between Finland and England, Finland with a 19 point lead going into this round.

This is the situation
Congratulations to Joe for Driver's championship and congratulations to CoRe for Team's championship!

Nice season throughout and thanks to organizers.
#4 - CSF
Joe also wins "Reject of the Race" so far for his errr... take out... of his own team-mate under SC......... Derrrrrr
That was an awesome race from my point of view. I didn't practice much because of stuyding for finals. But I found some decent setups to use and I didn't do bad laps.

I ranked up 12th in the qualifying, a nice result for me. Fortunately for me, two cars spun in the formation lap, so I started from 10th place.

My main goal in the race was of course to save as much fuel as possible. I was pushing in the first laps, but still I was checking the fuel mileage and it didn't look good, I was like 1 or 2 laps short, so I tried to save fuel in the second half of the race and it paid out - some people pitted and I got in front of them. I ran out of fuel just several meters before the start/finish line and finished 6th. The only one with no pit stop :P

Grats to the winners, it was a great season once again!
#6 - J@tko
Yeah really good job Martin for making that work. I didn't even consider trying to 0 stop as I never thought I would manage it, so started with 80% and just ran till it was dry.

Qualified like 19th or something after a MASSIVE fail at the start, only put 6% fuel in thinking I only needed 2 laps worth, forgetting about the inlap there...... Then I did something else stupid which I can't quite remember meaning it was about halfway through the session before I even set a lap

Managed to get a REALLY good start off the line (seems to be the one thing I do well at....) and stayed on the inside through the first few corners avoiding the customary schmozzle that occured. I think I was about 8th when the SC came out, just managed to hold onto the queue as the green was waved (and thankfully whoever was behind me didn't, meaning I had a nice gap) then a couple of others infront of me collided in T2 so I passed them into 6th place. (Getting a little excited by this point) - I had 5th briefly when one of the 3id cars span in the middle of the track, but he decided to drive back onto the racing line just as I was trying to avoid him sending me onto the grass, and dropping back to 7th. I then ended up in a pretty long battle with #32 - I just couldn't quite ever catch up to him enough to make a move. I was faster through T2 and through the double-apex hairpin at the end (much faster infact, at the latter) but I was really struggling for traction coming through the last chicane so he just left me for dead down the straight. And the odd time I did manage to get close I would end up making a mistake and slowly fall back into the clutches of Martin who wasn't that far behind me. I then ended up battling with #98 for a while, he got past and pulled out a bit of a gap but pitted before me, so I pushed really hard (inc. breaking my pb.... :|) and ended up coming out of the pits with a couple of seconds advantage over him, which he fairly quickly diminished and we had a nice battle for the last few laps. My position counter said I was 15th, but I couldn't for the life of me remember/work out who had pitted and who hadn't, and as the race went on who would actually even need to pit. I saw a few people go into the pits who I knew were behind me before so could overtake them, apart from DWB whose lightening pit-stop meant he converted a 5-or so second deficit before the pit stops to a healthy margin over me afterwards. Coming into the final lap I think we were battling for 13th, but I was in the RC channel and kept hearing about people running out of fuel, so I figured I'd end up a bit higher up than that. Had a drag to the line with #98 but sadly lost, didn't help that my slightly elderly wheel has terrible wheel wobble on the straights meaning I probably lose a couple of mph. Really enjoyed the race, got pretty warm and my head is now killing me, and I finally actually managed to get into and finish an LLWS race
#7 - kiste
Was a cool race for me until the end.
Was a bit surprised to be in 5th and then malcomax were on the gravel and didn´t came out of it. So i hoped ofr a SC and go to the pits to refuel. But i misscaluclated it or in otherwise there were no SC to save fuel.
But i didn´t realized that i just wanted to came back coz i knew the most will pit in also. the i had a really nice battle with Joe in last laps and when i crossed the s/f line Ben asked me in Teamspeak how much fuel i have. Well just gave a look after split 1 coz i were fighting with Joe and bam 0.4%...

Pushed out of the way of joe and just tried to do a half lap with that. But on last ovalcorner my car stopped so DNF for me after a good race. Badluck but anyway cool race.
Tried hard, failed hard. Setup was massive failure, even though i managed to learn to drive with it. Still i don't understand, how can i lose 2-3s per lap on full throttle track.

Gratz to winners, shame on Thilo for 2 driver per team rule and see you in FO8.
Quote from Kid222 :Gratz to winners, shame on Thilo for 2 driver per team rule and see you in FO8.

Maybe it was the last race in force
Tough race :|

Qualy was never an issue, I didn't want pole even if I could get it or not :P p5 was good enough.

T1 was great, straight into 3rd as I took a gamble around the outside. Then came out the SC. I was trying to heat up my tyres and in truely retarded fashion I hit jarno, yes my team mate, and spin him. Sorry jarno

At the SC restart I knew Isaac would go early as he seems to do that in every restart he does :P into t1 I went for outside and there was some contact and it set me back to 5th or so, racing incident I guess

Then me and Mr.latermakaisbdia (CoRe guy who has stupidly hard name) have contact and it sets me into the wall with huge damage and forces me into a pit.
I then filled up the tank and knew I could go to the end. P10 was always the target as it would keep me safe from matti. I was miles back but it was a win - win situation for me. Either there would be a SC and it would bring me back into contention or there would be no SC and others would have to pit and I would gain some places.

As we got into the later laps I started to pick off places and found myself in p10, from then on any more places were just a bonus. I was catching kiste at quite a rate and had a good and somewhat conservative battle from my part as I knew a crash would see my saying bye bye to the championship. Sad to see him run out of fuel though. Brought the car home in p7, and took the title which I was happy about.

FOX, or any single seater isn't usually my strong point but this season seemed to work for me and it was great fun. Thanks to the admins and other drivers, was fun
Qual didnt really go to plan for me, forgot to change from race set that I was sending to Matti before qual, but luckily mainly they were the same setups with only a few things different. I got hit exiting the pits and forgot to put on damage repair, which was when I realised my error with r2's. I then crawled around to repair damage and put r1's on, then left pits and hit buggy kerb and span and damaged car again. Considering that, where q is usually my weakness - I was happy to still get 3rd as 1st, 2nd or 3rd both give good chances to lead t1. Any further and it takes risk.

Got a great launch, and tried to place my car in the best position to take the lead in t1. Outside in t1 usually works great and as it did again, old tricks still work I guess...until as Joe said on restart he got me good there, didnt think he'd be able to stay so close if I got on the power as early as I could, because he'd have to wait. But he had good tyre temp which made it possible for him to stay close, I guess. Tried to be tough but fair in t1, couldn't see him as I braked for the corner so tried to brake a little bit late to "take" the corner and force him to back out, but when I see the replay he was actually fractionally ahead but could have given a little bit more room. Worked out ok for me although I did get a bit of damage.

James was pretty fast so let him go when he got a run on me, as I knew I had 100% fuel and guessed he didn't - although didnt expect him to pit at half distance. I thought at this point I was favourite to win the race, and put some effort in to try and save fuel but it wasn't possible. Once Teemu pitted I relaxed a bit cos I'd thought he was slow because of fuel saving, as in prac he had good pace. I only actually realised Ilbens pitted on lap 2 after the race finished, for the whole race he had pole position to win this race after that and it worked in his favour. But he had great pace all race and deserved to win, and a CoRe 1-2 to get the teams champ from 3id, mission accomplished

Thanks Ben for letting me drive with a great group of guys, was always hard to match their pace, was a fun challenge and gave a few laughs, too

E: Oh and yeah gratz for the championship, Joe. Keeping your cool in that situation and coming back to get 7th showed you deserved to win the championship :P - even though it feels like im throwing up by typing these words of satan
One thing I would like to suggest is that when someone crashes on the formation lap, can you confirm in chat who needs to change grid positions and how many? For example I think I should have moved up one place on the grid (i.e. swapped sides), however I ended up on the same side of the grid after waiting about 30 seconds for everyone infront to decide where they were going. In fact I think I ended up starting infront of #13 when actually I should have been behind.
I stopped at half way because for some reason I thought a SC was imminent I still had fuel for 7 more laps but meh.. Congratulations to Joe and CoRe I wish I had driven more throughout the season now
#15 - RLeb
I have never seen this before. Near the end of my 27th lap (in the chicane before the S/F line), my car randomly darts to the right and spins out. Not from any kind of driver error, but almost from some strange lag.

It happened to me twice. Once there, and once in T2, lap 9. The car just changes direction on it's own and I take a trip through the grass. Between the two spins I lost about 15 seconds and it was a bit frustrating. If you watch the replay you'll see what I mean.

What causes that? Anyone had that happen to them before?
Perhaps buggy curb, happens alot in the final chicane and also the little kink between t2 and t3. It just throws your car to one side and puts you into a spin
Congratulation Joe
Yeah, congrats Joe, and well done to my teammates for the team championship.

It was a messy race for me. I qualified 11th, started 9th, and was up a position or two going into T1, where I got spun (accidentally, I'm sure) by my own teammate. Then I ran into another teammate in T2 after he got spun, which caused him to flip (2nd time that's happened in 2 races). I was down in 22nd after a particularly awful restart and some messy battling with Mr. Cagas, but eventually I managed to work my way back up to 9th. Could have been higher if I'd managed to save fuel like Mr. Kapal (great job, Martin), but my foot is too heavy. :P
Quote from malcomax :Session of incident (Race)
mpr timecode of incident min.54 sec.47
Lap of incident 29 laps
Cars involved in incident : 72
Brief description of incident

I was in a duel and the driver 72 pushed me off , I was blue in the flag, but I at that point I can not disappear

I drove behind you 8 laps and I lost about 0,8-1,0sec per lap. Before I catch you I was as fast as Price and after I passed you I made nearly best laptime in race. Should I drove behind you and wait to loose many posistions or try to pass you? or should you lett me pass? do you know what mean BLUE FLAG or are you colorblind?

That`s how I see that happening.....

Good luck for your selected way
If you're not near to overcome I can not stop me!
The blue flag does not mean that I must stop!
J. Peace and Isaac Price have passed without problems ...............
DWB was that you, who i totally accidentally almost pushed out of the track at first split? If yes, then sorry.
#22 - CSF
Quote from malcomax :If you're not near to overcome I can not stop me!
The blue flag does not mean that I must stop!
J. Peace and Isaac Price have passed without problems ...............

I have just checked this out, and yes you were holding him up a hell of a lot. You had lower wings and were able to stay ahead on the straight, but every lap he was right behind you in the last split. While you don't have to stop, you should have let him go. Even when you are caught on the lap the incident happens, you hold him up by chopping back onto line after making a half hearted passing attempt on another car. Not very impressive.
Quote from CSF :I have just checked this out, and yes you were holding him up a hell of a lot. You had lower wings and were able to stay ahead on the straight, but every lap he was right behind you in the last split. While you don't have to stop, you should have let him go. Even when you are caught on the lap the incident happens, you hold him up by chopping back onto line after making a half hearted passing attempt on another car. Not very impressive.

Correct interpretation of the race
Congratulation CORE for championship Team
Quote from Kid222 :DWB was that you, who i totally accidentally almost pushed out of the track at first split? If yes, then sorry.

If you mean on LFS lap 4, that was Matti.

Our incident that I was most annoyed about was coming back onto the oval at the end of lap 4.

LFSCART Light Series 2012: Round 6 Discussion
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG