Quote from cargame.nl :(...)Short boost and then back to this current situation again (or even worse).

Why do You think so? We all know physics have to be polished to perfection and that is what takes a lot of time, later updates, content releases, bug fixes and small improvements should be fast like they used to be back in 2002-2005.

Who do i try to fool...
LFS is best simulation out there
Quote from lol_men :Why do You think so? We all know physics have to be polished to perfection and that is what takes a lot of time, later updates, content releases, bug fixes and small improvements should be fast like they used to be back in 2002-2005.

Who do i try to fool...

The new content wasn't released until now just because the new phisics wasn't ready? You really believe so?!?!

I really hoped that LFS would get a major update, because even with a brand new tyre phisics it would be way behind other sims that were released in 2009, like iRacing and rFactor, that have many other features that compensate largely the fact LFS has one of the best FFB on the market.

LFS needs a major update to be even considerable to be included in the commercial opponent list to the new sims like PCARS, Asseto Corsa and rFactor 2.
Quote from frotto110 :LFS is best simulation out there

Compared to what, being stabbed? In that respect it's great, compared to every other Sims since 2009 it's sh....iny? , sorry.
In terms of driving, general physics, it's nice, but in graphics, features, etc etc. Not so good.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Compared to what, being stabbed? In that respect it's great, compared to every other Sims since 2009 it's sh....iny? , sorry.
In terms of driving, general physics, it's nice, but in graphics, features, etc etc. Not so good.

in every espect better
peace -)
LFS surely doesn't lack in the anachronism department.
BTW frotto, you must have played LFS a lot at 'your friends place', didn't you?
Quote from NunoMike :The new content wasn't released until now just because the new phisics wasn't ready? You really believe so?!?!

Thats what Scawen is saying yes.

Physics / Scirocco and then working on S3.

Meanwhile a year has passed since the release of 0.6B and last year he wrote himself that he didn't expected himself that this whole tire thing takes such a long time and íf he knew that beforehand... He would have thrown in some content first...

Wonder if he changed his mind now or if it's still -but we are nearly there- ...

There are two main things playing a role here;

- personal achievement in amazing the car simulator world with this tire physics thing
- no care if the servers in the meantime are empty or not

(but saying that LFS is a main income, so whats true here?)

End result; this 'lost' community.
Quote from NunoMike :The new content wasn't released until now just because the new phisics wasn't ready? You really believe so?!?!

I wished i do...
Didn't he say that Rockingham in particular isn't released due to the new physics? I recall him saying the real cars in the game should be able to do real laptimes on the real track before anything gets released. Damn you, realism.
Quote from cargame.nl :Thats what Scawen is saying yes.

Quote from lol_men :I wished i do...

I know that and I also believed so for a long time. I am S2 since 2009 and back than there was the same talk. And 3 years have passed!!!

There is no justification for a delaying new content with the basis of tire physics. I may even understand the Scirocco for a while, but not new tracks and layouts. Now, the long expected Scirocco may be facelifted by VW before being released in LFS, which is pathetic since it was almost a marketing thing, releasing the car in LFS almost the same time as in real life...

The open layouts where a real improvement... for cruise servers. The racing servers are empty except the great exceptions of Cargame.nl, Fox Junkies and the old AMG GTR. League communities don't use LFS anymore. Everybody praises LFS phisics, but now there are as good sims with many many more features, tracks and cars.
LFS is lost in stagnation, sad to say!

But fortunately we all know what to do through the kindness of Eric:
Quote :...If you don't like LFS or the speed of it's development....or even the fact that we are entitled to live a life outside of LFS, you have the free will to leave and play something else. ...

Is it cause I is (a graphical developer)?
The other problem is, if after all this time, when the new tyre model is released, it doesn't blow other sims attempts at tyres out of the water, it's game over.

Kind of like Duke Nukem Forever.

It really might have been better to release it incrementally.

I couldn't care less about the old Sirocco now.

Rockingham will be nice to see, providing it's the start of a new trend of getting real venues, and not just a one off.
Quote from MadCatX :Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong about this. LFS is very CPU intensive - all the physics has to be calculated somewhere - but it's OK with any GPU which can do HVS. If you have a strong enough CPU, you can run LFS with no 3D acceleration at all and still get playable FPS.

under 25% of cpu usage is hardly CPU Intensive. GPU does more work than the CPU with this game.
Exactly, my i7 1.6 Ghz mobile on ONE core is producing 10% activity.

Browsing the internet is heavier. Where does this hard to kill legend story come from that a GPU is not important for LFS? You all crazy here, you know that?
Quote from cargame.nl :Exactly, my i7 1.6 Ghz mobile on ONE core is producing 10% activity.

Browsing the internet is heavier. Where does this hard to kill legend story come from that a GPU is not important for LFS? You all crazy here, you know that?

You are my new best friend =)
When i played on my old PC i had very low fps with more than 5 cars but when i paused game and go to Shift+U mode i could fly around with much more cars and it was smooth.
So it dependns on what rig You have, in my case CPU was too slow.
Now i don't care
#618 - col
Quote from Hoshimodo :LFS is lost in stagnation, sad to say!

Nah, it's all the whiners, nay-sayers and doom merchents who are lost in stagnations. You guys just keep on with the same old repetitive negative comments. You should be able to move on, but you don't or can't. You seem trapped in the mire of your own doom fantasy, unable to do or say anything worthwhile - totally impotent and morally void. The saddest thing is, your putrefied midden of rotting vitriol slowly poisons the community, dragging others to the same pathetic fate - like a bizarre digital analog of the La Brea Tar Pits. Maybe, in the distant future, electronic archeologist will discover this place in the archives, and marvel incredulously at how their ancestors could behave in such a way.

No archaeologists in the future.
Just trolls.
Quote from edge3147 :under 25% of cpu usage is hardly CPU Intensive. GPU does more work than the CPU with this game.

You have a quad core CPU by any chance?

Quote from cargame.nl :Exactly, my i7 1.6 Ghz mobile on ONE core is producing 10% activity.

Oh I can tell you. It stems from the fact that - apart from vertex shading - LFS uses a fixed rendering pipeline. There is basically nothing for the GPU to do, no advanced pixel shader programmes, no ultralarge textures to transform, no realtime lighting, no HDR. LFS runs just fine on i915 or even through VirtualBox!

It's not like it really matters, I just want to save those folks who are stuck with a Celeron D from buying a second-hand GPU only to find out that it makes no difference. (unless the card you're replacing is a GF 440MX).
Quote from MadCatX :You have a quad core CPU by any chance?

Single core on this particular machine. I have several different pc's in my house.

Single Core Sempron. GS8400. 1 GB Ram.
Guide to a happier life.
Heh right on Col, I enjoyed your comment so much I have wrote a Guide to help the future race(r)s

"Guide to a happier life."

One Man once said to me "I think this period where the physics engine has stayed relatively the same for the last years or so has been golden.
"Hmmm golden" you might say. I say it has been a perfect time to really get to understand how my sets work with the cars I drive, the people i Race against.
People complain of the same tracks, I do long for more tracks and open configs made LFS alot more interesting and I have found a few to be quite excellent indeed.
Did I mention some of the racing in the last few years has been closest and best ever!!!!!

Other people and I mean by this, a large majority of LFS users, get bored way
way to easily.
I often wonder if they "did not play chess as a child, or snooker, football baseball basketball or go climbing swimming? build a rope swing, ride motorcyle, drive a car etc"
Obviously if your a girl its things like "barbie, getting away with everything and advanced lie detection and torture, and nail and beauty class"

But back to the guide people
If "they" "you" "me" actually live a Life, where others depend on others or things break, you learn all to quickly this lesson.
Learning to plan ahead and understanding that some things need to be done before others, quite important fact of life.
Even more important putting this all into context.

LFS is a Online Racing Simulator.
This is a Forum for the above simulator.
You are quite possibly sat down on a chair.
See the window in the room you are in?
Look out there is something called "outside"

Waits for the meaning of the above few statements and questions to sink in.

Now unless you live in a cave or are locked in a room at work (yes ok i know there are two at least here who fall into this ( Hi Scawen and Eric) )
You may be permitted to leave the building. if you still are unable to see outside.

If you feel unable to remove your rear from the chair or whatever seating device you might find yourself attached to.
There is thing called "other stuff" this is much more interesting then negatively commentating on things of which mostly no-one knows anything about, discussing this can lead to madness, as witnessed here quite possibly.
If you are unable to find "other stuff" there is thing called power switch.

IF still unable to grasp there is more to life then complaining, Wait a few minutes and reality may ressume.
might be no hope if you come back on-line with your phone to read the next part.

"Try doing something else for a bit"

And here is important part, once you done enough of other stuff, can always come back to LFS to check if overcooked or not.

Some people.... even though they know its a 3 man team + with help from the community, continue to attack the process and the progress.
It has slowly turned into the 3 man team vs community. Anyone standing up gets taken out by the sniper trolls.

Saddens me to see LFS being critised, now that is fine as long as done in the right way.
But here in its own forums the topics and arguements that make more orbits then all the satalites combined makes even "The Zohan" sad, dizzy and confused.
All he want is silky smooth LFS race!
The levels of stupidity from perhaps a selfishness on both sides for all the wrong reasons has brought it to this point

But time will tell if I am right or wrong, or if all are all wrong, and no-one was right, and those that were right, even being proved wrong at the end.
*ed* "How to right that wrong the right way if it really went that wrong."

Maybe if I avoided all the cracks on the pavement for a day .....
Or maybe hope for a new colour in the rainbow

The world would be a nicer place perhaps....

But really all I want Victor to design a dream
Eric to just use his art to silence the madness
and Scawen to drive the darkness away.

More then all I want to see more love around here guys, if you feel LFS is losing its way, lets be positively constructive. Hate is a horrible emotion that spreads like a wave, wether you realise it or not. To me its a failing of modern society, this fashion of hate and cool.
anyways

don't worry be happy now
Quote from MadCatX :

It's not like it really matters, I just want to save those folks who are stuck with a Celeron D from buying a second-hand GPU only to find out that it makes no difference. (unless the card you're replacing is a GF 440MX).

You are getting slightly annoying now.

Take a good look around on the attachment. What do you all see?

Little hint; processor usage (one core) and GPU load.

What does it tell you?
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Let's make sweeping generalisations Note that CPU & GPU usage would be even higher in a tight pack of cars in full-screen, and that I run LFS on quite low detail settings. My FPS varies from 45-220ish..
Attached images
lfs-cpu-gpu-usage.jpg
Yeah I made another one, before you know it people start to whine that it is not while driving and no full grid or whatever.

So 10% CPU and 62% GPU usage @80 FPS.

Who is doing all the work here? Hhmmmmm may-be a GPU?

Or a single core 1.6 Ghz mobile I7 version
Attached images
Image1.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG