The online racing simulator
Quote from L@gger :Great job! Wondering if you will make the grass texture at similar photorealistic level.

Hum...

Okay. But I think is not necessary really.

Anyway has been noted because Bose talks about almost the same.

Quote from The Very End :Wha.....

Thanks as always, my friend.

Quote from Inouva :or simply dont dont download the pack..., i dont have money to aford a new VC and TBH the HD2600XT is better that the 8600gt

Or, perhaps, if you want, you can decrease the level of the mip bias and decrease the texture filter.

From this way you can win some frames.

Don't worry. We can see a solution for everybody.

Quote from Bose321 :Great job on those bushes, they have a lot of detail in them! However the grass looks a little boring to me, it's all the same. Would it be possible to have some 'variation' in it or would that be impossible with the mapping method of LFS?

The curb also looks really big to me. Can you show me an image with the new curbs instead of that sliced up image? I am just used to 'smaller' curbs.

But the overall level of detail in these textures really make it an other game! I can't stop saying what some textures can do!

Comments as yours, from Daniel and lauchan, I LOVE them, of course.

But now I'm worried by your comment.

People think the same? I need to know to make a modification or leave it as is.

About grass: I agree with lagger. I can increase the quality.

And...The grass is correct?Fern Bay is on the coast, there are a lot of sand because is pretty close of the some beaches. Wind can carry the sand everywhere. That way the grass has trouble growing by this erosion.

I'm very analytical in everything.

About the curb: I do not agree with you because it is a design from Eric Bailey. I only put the texture on the file and LFS system converts on the 3D model. The texture fills that space. Remember that, before making a texture, I do a exhaustive documentation. Viewing photos in real life I've seeing that anything is possible. There are no absolute truths. Even a bug can exists in real life (cut on a texture, for example).

Of course the opinion of the people are important for me.
By this reasson I publish with regularity a lot of photos.

So I ask if people are agree with the curb and the grass.

Thank you Bose, as always.
a agree with the grass, but may not be easy due to it being a bunch of tiny little....well strips (i wouldnt worry too much, but would help)

the curbs i am fine with, and i understand you cannot change the way they are made.

the sand 'blowing around everywhere' will not be noticed by me if i am actually driving, so dont go too insane
Quote from logitekg25 :a agree with the grass, but may not be easy due to it being a bunch of tiny little....well strips (i wouldnt worry too much, but would help)

the curbs i am fine with, and i understand you cannot change the way they are made.

the sand 'blowing around everywhere' will not be noticed by me if i am actually driving, so dont go too insane

I understand. Thank you logitekg.

I'm not in house now. On monday I will post the requested photos.

Point of view inside of the car and the curb.

Most probably that the curb will not be changed.

The grass, well, if people wants I can change it, of course. I can't promise nothing because it's hard to make a realistic grass for Fern bay compatible with other textures. For example the grass on the hill. There will be unsolved bugs with no solution. That is important to understand it.

I was thinking to release this work when it's finished instead to release as a pack as latest works.( Revolution Pack August 28th, April 7th, June 24th).

I remember to the community, there are some files with high definition but other files, for example, the sand, outside of the track and some parts has normal resolution. Is not necessary to increase the resolution because is enough. we need to understand not all the people has the last computer of the market.

Obviously the percentage of the development status is now minor than the last week.

To the people, again, I ask: what do you think over the grass and curb?
Quote from Lynce :
I was thinking to release this work when it's finished instead to release as a pack as latest works.( Revolution Pack August 28th, April 7th, June 24th).

That is a great idea. It would be awesome.

Quote from Lynce :To the people, again, I ask: what do you think over the grass and curb?

@ grass
If you can, make photorealistic grass textures. High quality is always better. I think that it will be very hard to make the grass less boring because of the way LFS uses textures. If you add some variation, you will notice it repeating and won't look good at all.

@ curb (link to photo)
I think that it looks much better than the original one, but I see a small problem (?). The curb looks a little too shiny in some areas... as if there was a piece of glass covering it. Maybe it's because of the angle, or maybe it's just me... (I am just trying to help)

Quote from Lynce :I remember to the community, there are some files with high definition but other files, for example, the sand, outside of the track and some parts has normal resolution. Is not necessary to increase the resolution because is enough. we need to understand not all the people has the last computer of the market.

I have a suggestion. You can have two packs for this add-on. One will have all the texture in the best quality possible, and the other one will have only important textures (e.g. road texture) in high resolution and the rest in lower resolution (e.g. 1024x1024). That way, even users with lower end PCs will be able to use this add-on.
Quote from kitu_gudu :That is a great idea. It would be awesome.

@ grass
If you can, make photorealistic grass textures. High quality is always better. I think that it will be very hard to make the grass less boring because of the way LFS uses textures. If you add some variation, you will notice it repeating and won't look good at all.

@ curb (link to photo)
I think that it looks much better than the original one, but I see a small problem (?). The curb looks a little too shiny in some areas... as if there was a piece of glass covering it. Maybe it's because of the angle, or maybe it's just me... (I am just trying to help)

I have a suggestion. You can have two packs for this add-on. One will have all the texture in the best quality possible, and the other one will have only important textures (e.g. road texture) in high resolution and the rest in lower resolution (e.g. 1024x1024). That way, even users with lower end PCs will be able to use this add-on.

Fantastic comment Kitu_gudu, Thanks.

Grass, +1. I will try it.

Curb. I always work with real life photos. So, in the beggining, I think is normal. I only work on the resolution, proportions and, in some cases, on the illumination. This is not the case of the illumination, hahaha. I think is your impresion. Anyway, I'm glad to read all kinds of suggestions.

Today I'm not sure to the release date and if it will be alone or into a pack.

Over your last suggestion._

I think really that people can change the size of the RP. The planification of the sizes doesn't be changed. I can't rework the sand(rally section) because I work from scratch in 2048 x 2048 as I said(For example: http://i43.tinypic.com/ku838.jpg I mean all that you can see in the photo. Outside of the track, the same(for example: http://i.imgur.com/zu4aq.jpg ). I hope community can understand it.
Quote from Lynce :I think really that people can change the size of the RP.

You are right. It's not that hard to resize the textures.

Have you decided which car will get the "upgrade" (I mean better textures)? :revs:

One more thing. In the picture below there are some patches of grass that are darker than the rest of the grass. Is that because of the way LFS uses the textures? Can it be fixed? And I love how the sand is all over the road... (again, I am just trying to help... I apreciate you work very much)

Quote from The Very End :Wha.....

+1 here

I love the curb !!!

Grass: If you can do something about it, would be most welcomed. Thinking though, that would be visible only when taking screenshots, and much less when driving. So if you ask me, I would put it in second priority.

Anyways, great work
Quote from Lynce :About the curb: I do not agree with you because it is a design from Eric Bailey.

Yeah that's exactly what's wrong.

I guess it's simply something I have to life with. I don't see curbs that are wider than cars that much I guess.

About the edges of those bushes; their model is pixelated like that, or would some use of transparent textures be able to fix the squary stuff on the top?
This is freaking epic, your work has always been sweet, but thes is just epic

Can't wait for this pack, love the curb and tree texture, everything look mint imo, keep up the lovely job
great work as allways Lynce.

that tree/bush textures are awsome.
will be using this when its here fo sure.
I like the grass.
I like the curb.
I have great respect for the work you are doing, well done.
Quote from Omar1 :damnn nice! could you do a photo of comparing 2048 to 4096 in the cockpit view? As if you were racing

Quote from Bose321 :
The curb also looks really big to me. Can you show me an image with the new curbs instead of that sliced up image? I am just used to 'smaller' curbs.

Requested pics on the Blog.

Please, click on shots for enlarge.

Quote from luchian : +1 here

I love the curb !!!

Grass: If you can do something about it, would be most welcomed. Thinking though, that would be visible only when taking screenshots, and much less when driving. So if you ask me, I would put it in second priority.

Anyways, great work

Thank you. I will try it.

Cheers.

Quote from Bose321 :

About the edges of those bushes; their model is pixelated like that, or would some use of transparent textures be able to fix the squary stuff on the top?

Can you explain it with other words for understand it?

I'm very interested on what you say.

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :This is freaking epic, your work has always been sweet, but thes is just epic

Can't wait for this pack, love the curb and tree texture, everything look mint imo, keep up the lovely job

Thanks!

Quote from Nicce :great work as allways Lynce.

that tree/bush textures are awsome.
will be using this when its here fo sure.

Thanks!!

Quote from Waste Me :I like the grass.
I like the curb.
I have great respect for the work you are doing, well done.

I hope you like it.

Cheers.
This is what I mean Lynce: (sorry for the crappy edit :shy.

The curbs look amazing I see, I guess the picture you used made it look a little weird for me.

About the colors of the curbs; the red looks a little too bright and/or saturized at some spots?

I've marked another thing in the second picture at the end of the curb. Can you fix that, or is that because of the bad track model from Eric? Same goes the the line that runs over the track horizontally, when it 'meets' the line that runs along the track it looks interupted.

Another thing maybe; the road looks really nice, but I think it's too 'clean' and a little plain/boring. Could it use some variation like real tarmac? I feel the same about the grass to be honest. Perhaps the tarmac can have some sand like the curbs have (since Fernbay is a sandy track).
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
I agree with Bose, the tarmac does look a bit too clean and neat.

Maybe something like this could work as an inspiration. Keep up the good work, Lynce!
Attached images
FEtarmac.jpg
The tarmac does look very clean. Asphalt in hotter climates can crack and degrade, and look like the default FB asphalt, especially in tracks that are used infrequently. However, I do not believe that Fern Bay looks like a track that is used infrequently. The rest of the track's infrastructure, the curbs, buildings, adverts, gravel traps and run off areas are all 'neatly kept' and so having heavily degraded asphalt does not match.
Quote from Bose321 :This is what I mean Lynce: (sorry for the crappy edit :shy.

The curbs look amazing I see, I guess the picture you used made it look a little weird for me.

About the colors of the curbs; the red looks a little too bright and/or saturized at some spots?

I've marked another thing in the second picture at the end of the curb. Can you fix that, or is that because of the bad track model from Eric? Same goes the the line that runs over the track horizontally, when it 'meets' the line that runs along the track it looks interupted.

Another thing maybe; the road looks really nice, but I think it's too 'clean' and a little plain/boring. Could it use some variation like real tarmac? I feel the same about the grass to be honest. Perhaps the tarmac can have some sand like the curbs have (since Fernbay is a sandy track).

Hi, Bose.

The curb is a real photo. So, colours are correct. I haven't worked on the illumination in this case.

Yeah, LFS System again.

I will explain with more detail, replying another quote.

Quote from HonzaNB :Lynce wrote on his blog.

So that is reason why tarmac is clean.

http://revolutionpack.wordpres ... uggestions-february-25th/

Thanks HonzaNB.

I see you follow the blog.

I explain each case on the blog. I'm worried because people does not read everything.

Quote from wildstyle :I agree with Bose, the tarmac does look a bit too clean and neat.

Maybe something like this could work as an inspiration. Keep up the good work, Lynce!

Hi, wildstyle. As I said to Bose I will explain in this post

Quote from dynofiend :The tarmac does look very clean. Asphalt in hotter climates can crack and degrade, and look like the default FB asphalt, especially in tracks that are used infrequently. However, I do not believe that Fern Bay looks like a track that is used infrequently. The rest of the track's infrastructure, the curbs, buildings, adverts, gravel traps and run off areas are all 'neatly kept' and so having heavily degraded asphalt does not match.

We agree that each material has its strength.

Painting is more brittle than asphalt.

The curb is broken down more easily.

It is understood that Fern Bay has a maintenance because, besides being race track is also a runway intended for traffic due to the circuit configuration and because there are houses.

Asphalt, even new or recently in Fern Bay due to erosion and the sand, degrades colour more easily. It is true that the temperature breaks things more easily but it depends on the materials. If there are a mantenience, the tarmac looks clean and clear. The curbs looks old but not for lack of mantenience. It is a different material.

Really that brokes easily is the difference of temperature. Cold and hot conditions. That is not the case in Fern Bay (Jamaica).

I only agree with the grass. I will change it if I can do it.

If the people makes a documentation can see two things:

1. Absolute truth does not exist

2. Everything is possible.

Thank you, dynofiend, fantastic comment.
Next project demo?
buy s2.
Quote from Lynce :Hi, wildstyle. As I said to Bose I will explain in this post

Thanks for the clarification, Lynce.

However, I still think that the worn curbs compared to the new looking asphalt makes too big of a contrast somehow. No matter which way you decide to go, it can't be bad. You've done an awesome job so far.
Quote from wildstyle :Thanks for the clarification, Lynce.

However, I still think that the worn curbs compared to the new looking asphalt makes too big of a contrast somehow. No matter which way you decide to go, it can't be bad. You've done an awesome job so far.

Agree with this.

The track doesn't have to look really old, but a LITTLE 'wear' would improve it I think. Especially because the curbs look worn and old. Sure, the curbs wear faster, but I doubt the difference is this big.
I recognize that your arguments are very good and difficult to refute. hehehehehe.

I think that this is the most amazing thread that I have worked. I love how people participate and understand very well how it works that in real life some things.

I request, if is possible, posting links or real photos to make the necessary changes if we are agree with them.

Remember that my 60 - 80% of the development is the information before making the file.

I acknowledge that I am reluctant to change the asphalt (that gives a lot of work). But I'm open to improvement and change other aspects.

Thank you very much to all, as always.

EDIT:

Quote from frotto110 :Next project demo?

1. RP 2012. Fern Bay.

2. High resolution textures for a car. Unconfirmed.

3. Miscs.

4. xxxxxxxxx

5. LFS Magazine number 2

6. If my partner confirm the information: xxxxxxxxxxxx.

I only can confirm that when Fern Bay be completed will be released instead a pack of addons.
Quote from Lynce :High resolution textures for a car. Unconfirmed.

I think it would be a good idea to make high resolution textures for the XR cars. XRG is used by demo users (a lot of them), XRT is used by racers and drifters and XRR is used in a lot of competitions. It's a WIN-WIN situation, and also because the texture that you made 4 years ago for XR are obsolete (Veilside) and:

FZ5
is already done by you (RP August 28th, 2009)
FZR is already done by you (RP August 28th, 2009)
RB4 is already done by you (Ralliart)
RAC is already done by you (Zonda and Novitec)
FXO is already done by you (Mugen)
FXR is already done by you (Mugen)
LX4 is already done by Spenter (LX Edition) (and it looks good)
LX6 is already done by Spenter (LX Edition) (and it looks good)
XFG textures were improved by the developers and look acceptable (+ Spenter textures)
XFR textures were improved by the developers and look acceptable
UF1 there is not much that can be done and it's rarely used
UFR there is not much that can be done
Quote from Bose321 :

+1, seeing it from the cockpit view, just something about it, its too clean :/

The Revolution Pack June 24th, 2010
(496 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG