The online racing simulator
Quote from Ingolf :What if: the so long awaited patch makes it nearly impossible for keboard/mouse users to be on par with wheel/pedals/clutch/gearbox-users?

As for me I do not see it as a personal problem (using G25) but in another perspective; maybe Scawen must take this into consideration when applying the new tyre physics model. If the patch elevates the (full) wheel users and makes it extremely hard to participate/being cometitive with mouse/kb all those fellas are going to drop dead and wish for keeping S2 as is.

On a personal note I hope Scawen exclude the adaptation to mouse/kb input and go for making the wheel input as standard to get the most out of it.

Some still use mouse and kb so I was just reflecting over this possibility that they may no longer feel competitive after next release.

It will be a problem to the kb/mouse users... I dont think there will be any need to change anything to make the game better or worst to mouse drivers...
Yep, hopefully everyone can race on like before. Since plenty of people are using kb/mouse. It would be sad to loose a big part of the community.
It may not be an issue at all, but if it forces scavier to compromise I'd rather see a development prioritizing wheel/pedals/clutch/shifter input.
Hopefully, the next step is independent on input control, so this speculation is just that; empty speculation.
Nice to hear from you Victor. I have an easy question for you.

"Will there be any updates this year?"

Something would be better than nothing.
Of course not, what a silly question.

Its a joke, please dont ban me : p
I expect no good updates this year, and in the end we're all dead. 2012 is coming for yaaa....
How original.
I get banned for no reason and 6 months later I'm back to find it's the same old crap just with a few new names.

LFS Forums. Somethings never change.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How original.
I get banned for no reason and 6 months later I'm back to find it's the same old crap just with a few new names.

LFS Forums. Somethings never change.

LOL, Karma
Epic LOL!
Haha

I missed that my homies never told me about that one.
But how original, edit my post then ban me.

:sadbanana
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Haha

I missed that my homies never told me about that one.
But how original, edit my post then ban me.

Am I to understand that for some reason or other you were banned with a period of penance for you to reflect on your ban and now that penance is over but after which you have not accepted or learned from your judicial punishment and therefor still believe you have been right all along to have done whatever it is that you did which, if my estimation is correct, was mostly likely an act of terrorist extremism such as posting on an internet forum in a manner that disagreed with another, most probably involving sarcasm and a badly photoshopping meme photograph ?

Fair play.
Quote from Victor :I wasn't thinking of a 486 or PIII when I wrote that, but something more realistic like my own E8400 that still runs everything I need to and more. I have no desire to upgrade it any time soon.

E8400? not realy up to date, or? check BF3 or other games on DX11 i don't think that your cpu is running good on it

lfs was a good sim but, for years nothing happend. so i think (like many others) there will be no S3 or anything else. my team was from the beginning of lfs in there but we decided to leave cause the only thing what happend in the last years is "somethimes" an announcement. nothing more. and sry about that but it's like taking money and making holydays. that's what many ppl think. check it out and watch the hole history of lfs. your work at the beginning and know. if you do that, you will see what i mean.

don't be angry about my post but that's how it looks
Quote from Becky Rose :Am I to understand that for some reason or other you were banned with a period of penance for you to reflect on your ban and now that penance is over but after which you have not accepted or learned from your judicial punishment and therefor still believe you have been right all along to have done whatever it is that you did which, if my estimation is correct, was mostly likely an act of terrorist extremism such as posting on an internet forum in a manner that disagreed with another, most probably involving sarcasm and a badly photoshopping meme photograph ?

Fair play.

Yes exactly. Glad to see you're still around.

I really do not understand the moderaters on here. Whoever they are?
The moderator list (correct me if I am wrong):

Flame CZE
franky500
Bob Smith
dekojester

I think Angryangel resigned from beeing a moderator, and ofc. we have the devs and lastly we also has this moderator which I canot remember name of - but he worked with the CTRA system back in the time. Someone care to refresh my memory?
SamH. Tor me old chestnut.
Moderating is done on a "how much the mod likes you" level rather than what you actually said. I got a 6 month ban for baiting some guy who sent me spam emails.
Yet my homie doing the same got an infraction for 2 points.

Talk about injustice. *stands proud*.
Quote from g7usl :I really do not understand the moderaters on here. Whoever they are?

Yeah, why let someone back who is just going to come straight back in and start behaving in exactly the same manner that got them banned.
#468 - col
Quote from dauwe :E8400? not realy up to date, or? check BF3 or other games on DX11 i don't think that your cpu is running good on it

LFS = niche product.
Many lfs users are not 'gamers' and do not need a high end modern PC for most of what they do. If the devs make LFS only run on a modern gaming PC, they lose these non-gamer users.
They have limited resources, so they have to make a decision: put resources into making it work on low end machines, or put resources into maxing out the graphics capabilities of high end gaming PC's
When you consider that if they lose the non-gamers, they might not make a living from this niche product, that decision is a no-brainer.

What is it about this that you don't understand?

I stopped playing LFS when the number of grid slots increased and it got too much for my old Athlon XP1800+. I haven't had a PC since that machine died because I inherited a macbook which does everything else I need. I'll be getting a new PC in the near future for digital audio which should be good enough for LFS , but I would never buy one specifically for 'gaming'. So, I'll only play games that will work on whatever PC I happen to have for other reasons.
It might be difficult for a 'gamer' to understand, but the only reason the majority of people would ever need to upgrade their PC these days is that the old one broke, or Micro$haft artificially increase the requirements with a new windows version to perpetuate the upgrade cycle.
LFS needs to work within this reality.
Now that was quite usefull, thank you
Quote from englishlord :Yeah, why let someone back who is just going to come straight back in and start behaving in exactly the same manner that got them banned.

If the behavior they got banned for was deserving of a ban then I would agree with you.
Quote from col :LFS = niche product.
Many lfs users are not 'gamers' and do not need a high end modern PC for most of what they do. If the devs make LFS only run on a modern gaming PC, they lose these non-gamer users.
They have limited resources, so they have to make a decision: put resources into making it work on low end machines, or put resources into maxing out the graphics capabilities of high end gaming PC's
When you consider that if they lose the non-gamers, they might not make a living from this niche product, that decision is a no-brainer.

What is it about this that you don't understand?

I stopped playing LFS when the number of grid slots increased and it got too much for my old Athlon XP1800+. I haven't had a PC since that machine died because I inherited a macbook which does everything else I need. I'll be getting a new PC in the near future for digital audio which should be good enough for LFS , but I would never buy one specifically for 'gaming'. So, I'll only play games that will work on whatever PC I happen to have for other reasons.
It might be difficult for a 'gamer' to understand, but the only reason the majority of people would ever need to upgrade their PC these days is that the old one broke, or Micro$haft artificially increase the requirements with a new windows version to perpetuate the upgrade cycle.
LFS needs to work within this reality.

So we are in 2012 and cars should fly.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If the behavior they got banned for was deserving of a ban then I would agree with you.

Glad you agree.
#474 - col
Quote from Berseker_d :So we are in 2012 and cars should fly.

Billions of random combinations in every bag
Am I the only one that find it 'funny' there is a moderator called "Scirocco" ?

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG