The online racing simulator
Quote from heson :Try upgrading 7zip. (not sure in this case, but it soulds like that problem)

How can i do that with winrar? Is there an update feature on winrar software?
Quote from ATHome :Not really true, it sometimes sorts itself out, as soon you become stationary. May it because of a spin or because you go to the pits

That is only the case in practice and qualifying sessions not in the race.

Quote from BlueFlame :How can i do that with winrar? Is there an update feature on winrar software?

You need 7zip, winrar won't work.
Quote from troy :

You need 7zip, winrar won't work.

Thanks, though I'm sure I've used winRAR before to open a 7zip, haven't had any problems with 7zip before.
Some further impressions.

Don't bother buying this if online racing is what you're after.

It's the rFactor syndrome all over again, "no track available" or password protected servers and next to no one online.
Quote from spankmeyer :Some further impressions.

Don't bother buying this if online racing is what you're after.

It's the rFactor syndrome all over again, "no track available" or password protected servers and next to no one online.

You just need to find a regular race, like the Race Department races every Wednesday.
Will be online in a moment
E: Actually.. I wish I would be.. Have run out of unlocks :@ probably will take years to get more.. anyone have experience on their support e-mail?
Always backup your license, I reinstalled nkp countless times and never had to reunlock.

edit: if you've got a twitter account you could try it there, they seem to be reachable there quite easily.
can a demo user try this?
Quote from troy :Always backup your license, I reinstalled nkp countless times and never had to reunlock.

edit: if you've got a twitter account you could try it there, they seem to be reachable there quite easily.

I do have twitter, but rarely use it, and don't know NK's twitter account
awaiting for reply..
Thanks Troy for the help, checked e-mail just now and I have received 3 new unlocks.. I'll be home 15 UTC ish if you want to set up the server again, I will surely be online, atleast for a while..

Quote :can a demo user try this?

noep
Quote from Klouczech :Nektar update
http://www.radiators-champ.com ... ews-homepage&Itemid=1

Word of advice, the only server I came across using this patch is the Radiator Springs Racing server. Also, this update isn't compatible with the previous, official version.

As I want to play on the RSR server sometime, I've downloaded the patch, extracted it to a seperate folder, renamed both .exes to something like nkp_rsr.exe and nkpserver_rsr.exe and copied the whole content of the folder to my original netKar Pro folder. Now I start the game the normal way with the frontend, try to join the RSR server, which will fail, as expected. Now escape from the server, just Alt+Tab to windows, and start the renamed nkp_rsr.exe which will directly connect me to the RSR server. This way I don't need two seperate installations just for 1 server.
So is it just a front end/match making patch or are there actually updates to physics/gameplay?
Quote from Krane :So is it just a front end/match making patch or are there actually updates to physics/gameplay?

From the download link:

- in a server configured with 2 consecutive race sessions, the server is not moving automatically to the second race session [FIXED]

- disabled automatic go to grid. This will avoid having cars on the grid when the driver is not in front of his pc
- improvements on the sound engine (backfire).

...so mostly just server side updates.
I only forwarded this update to this forum.
I cant play Nektar on my new PC because I have error when I want to start loading the track. I have tried everything
AC should be better.
Quote from Kid222 :...so mostly just server side updates.

Ok then I just thought it might have some since the version from Netkar site is 1.3.1534 and the link says this is 1.3.1727. I have only used Netkar for offline foreveralone races.
Quote from Inouva :Why is not info for the lambo in the Nk pro web?

It's a 3rd party add-on.
Quote from Bean0 :It's a 3rd party add-on.

OH, i see, didn't know that was allowed 3rd party addons exept tracks =P

The lambo have cockpit view? how detailed is?
It's pretty good, compareable in quality with the abarth and vintages..
Can i get this running on ubuntu ? i tried with playonlinux but didnt work right out of the box...
Problem is NKpro requires Microsoft .net (Version 2.0 i think), which i never managed to install in Wine. Other peope say it works though. See http://appdb.winehq.org/object ... =application&iId=2586 for hints and instructions.

If you got .net Framework working, maybe NKPro will run. But I can't find an entry for NKpro on WineHQ, which probably means noone sucessfully tried that yet.

I think playonlinux is already your best bet to get windows applications running, i doubt that ubuntu will do a better job. Just make sure you got the latest version of wine installed.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG